Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst/Best Radio Ads rerun edition!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,193 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

"Binning is Sinning."

Go and feck yerselves.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭Dickie10

"If I could catcha eh in a jaaaaaa, or crush like a fly..." what the hell is up with that childs accent /voice? was he on a skoda ad one time too?

i believe we have a winner! im not on the spectrum that i know of but this ad could come with trigger warning, just liftes me out of it. the new centra GAA /hurling ad. absolutely shocking bad stuff. the mother who shrieks "Pull hard Micheal! Burst the stiches off that sliotar", i am 30 years going to hurling matches and I have yet to hear anyone use the phrase, burst the stiches off that sliotar, basically because like golf the aim of the game of hurling is to score not just hit the ball as hard as you can. fair enough pull hard on the ball but not just poll a lad for the sake of it either. the shriekiing is horrendous. so stereotype , big roaring culchie mammy with hurling and if its an ad for soccer it has to be a cheeky chappy dub

• Registered Users Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Dickie10 wrote: »
    "If I could catcha eh in a jaaaaaa, or crush like a fly..." what the hell is up with that childs accent /voice? was he on a skoda ad one time too?

Cavan accent, because diversity.

Cavan , good lord why? am i right this kid and his father were in a skoda ad? give me d4 kids any day over that?!

• Advertisement

speaking of accents in ads i have noticed in Meath anyway, girls from 12 years old onwards dont have an accent anymore, just generic half south county dublin accent, might not be out and out d4 but well spoken and pleasant unless there real skangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

speaking of accents in ads i have noticed in Meath anyway, girls from 12 years old onwards dont have an accent anymore, just generic half south county dublin accent, might not be out and out d4 but well spoken and pleasant unless there real skangers.

not just in Meath...this happens as far away as Kerry and Mayo !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Exposure to a lot of American accents on tik toc, insta etc, first the accent neutralises, loses all sense of place then gradually becomes Americanized*

*Just my personal theory

SpitfireIV wrote: »
    Those FBD adverts, for example the one who announces herself straight off as the 'Thompsons TV', ok, so another lame idea of a talking appliance, all good. Then at the end of the advert she announces again as if it's some big reveal and the ad makers think they're bring clever that she's 'the Thompson's TV', frig off!!!

Ok so if a tv screen is damaged these days, they actually repair the screen and not replace the entire telly? Likely story.
    It's off to the recycling centre for you, talking Thompsons tv.

That dumbed down, sanitised version of Walk on the Wild Side for a boring car marque (Seat), blanking out the sex, drugs and trans references.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RINO87

Off topic i know, but i think this is really sad. I love the huge range of accents we have on this island for such a small place and it's a shame that we are losing them...

A reflection that young people's peer groups are more on line than local i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Cole

RINO87 wrote: »
    Off topic i know, but i think this is really sad. I love the huge range of accents we have on this island for such a small place and it's a shame that we are losing them...

A reflection that young people's peer groups are more on line than local i guess

Amen

I work in an all girls school so I noticed this a lot, even children from farms coming in with no accent rural or otherwise at all, some are from co.cavan but absolutely no Ulster twang or hint at all. i have noticed most dublin ladies GAA players no dublin accent either. just neutral. is there a dublin accent the same as Mary Kennedy Clondalkin accent that is just plain neutral? is it because of most of these GAA players parents being from rurL IRELND

Sorry not sure what happened the typo at the end of the last post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

The current Specsavers ad going on about a crocodile I think it is. Don't mean to sound bad but the chap inadvertently sounds like he has special needs.

Enterprise Ireland ad..."opportunidies and sustainabilidy" dude

And while I'm at it...Baz and his "goiys finances is not a dirdy word"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Cole wrote: »
    Enterprise Ireland ad..."opportunidies and sustainabilidy" dude

And wawder (water) gets a mention, or should that be mendtion too..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

The Energia Ad with the two gay/bi/curious lads chatting each other up but finding they have nothing to talk about. The punchline being that they can know talk about Energia's wonderful offers.............:rolleyes:

Del.Monte wrote: »
    The Energia Ad with the two gay/bi/curious lads chatting each other up but finding they have nothing to talk about. The punchline being that they can know talk about Energia's wonderful offers.............:rolleyes:

I really don't know how you managed to extrapolate that from the ad.

• Advertisement

I really don't know how you managed to extrapolate that from the ad.

It's two guys talking, or at least trying to talk to each other....sooooo gay! :pac::p

Tax returns!!! Hang on Mark,till I get the hose and batter you with it!

It's two guys talking, or at least trying to talk to each other....sooooo gay! :pac::p

Quaaaaaares.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Stefanie Preissner and her Newstalk wellness piece.

“It is OK to be overwhelmed. It’s the pandemic that’s bad. It’s understandable you’ve crawled under a table and can’t cope with the pressures of modern life. It’s tough being an adult etc. etc.”

FFS if you, Bressie and your kind didn’t make an industry out of indulging and pedalling “anxiety” I wouldn’t have to listen to this crap.

000e2ce3-1600.jpg

How to Adult???!!!! Really?? *cringes myself inside out*

I hear they've done an Irish version of the Sage advert, 'clients wuuurkout; bossed'....

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭QueensGael

I hear they've done an Irish version of the Sage advert, 'clients wuuurkout; bossed'....

Invices, saaaaarted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

Insuremyvan.ie - "afternoons are easy". What is that line even supposed to mean and what does it have to do with van insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭DrSerious3

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Stefanie Preissner and her Newstalk wellness piece.

“It is OK to be overwhelmed. It’s the pandemic that’s bad. It’s understandable you’ve crawled under a table and can’t cope with the pressures of modern life. It’s tough being an adult etc. etc.”

FFS if you, Bressie and your kind didn’t make an industry out of indulging and pedalling “anxiety” I wouldn’t have to listen to this crap.

000e2ce3-1600.jpg

How to Adult???!!!! Really?? *cringes myself inside out*

Kind of sums up a certain generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,883 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Quit the bullshit Opel, there's nothing extraordinary or upmarket about the Mokka. It's just another oversized shitbox to clog up the roads, owned by people who whinge about either how rural Ireland is dying while living in the middle of nowhere, or if they're suburbanites, about the lack of parking after rolling their lardy arses less than half a kilometre to pop into the local Spar/Centra.

• Advertisement

The ad where a lad is about to shoot his load about grilling sausages at a bbq, and then you find out it's a lousy Denny sausage. I wouldn't give them to a dog.

Advertisement