Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst/Best Radio Ads rerun edition!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭plodder

Aglomerado wrote: »
    PH Ross and their BATrooms.
    I was hearing it as 'batchroom'

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Maryanne40

The bathroom one is bad but the absolute worst one at the moment is the smug American git who is buying a Skoda (I think) 'All you have to do is open your tablet/yawn like you've never yawned before.....blah, blah, blah' It is truly painful to listen to.....

I hate it even more than your one from Cork who is at least my own age (old) and calls her mother 'Mum'!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,903 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Maryanne40 wrote: »
    The bathroom one is bad but the absolute worst one at the moment is the smug American git who is buying a Skoda (I think) 'All you have to do is open your tablet/yawn like you've never yawned before.....blah, blah, blah' It is truly painful to listen to.....

I hate it even more than your one from Cork who is at least my own age (old) and calls her mother 'Mum'!

And that other Yank berating his fictional child. Forget which one it is, probably insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Maryanne40

And that other Yank berating his fictional child. Forget which one it is, probably insurance.

Yeah I know the ad you mean...can't think who it's for either. He seems to hate his kids, especially one of them...calls them lazy I think? Bizarre ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

"live healthy like a Bosch".....

Ugh :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

What about "Bossing" your accounts?
    Utter tripe.

SpitfireIV wrote: »
    "live healthy like a Bosch".....

Ugh :rolleyes:

Are electric drills healthy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

Maryanne40 wrote: »

Not this again...
    Needs a separate thread

BPKS wrote: »
    Jamie Heaslip Leaseplan ad that's on Newstalk.

There's another one going with Johnny Sexton. Can't remember who the company is but I don't know what they were thinking...he has the charisma of a cabbage.

The Eir mobile advert. Is the voice over guy trying to say Ireland because it sounds more like 'our land' or 'arland', I'm confused?!

• Advertisement

'When driving a tractor you must hold a valid license'

I seen a fella out driving a tractor at the weekend and both hands were on the wheel!

A xmas lights ad.
    In June.
    Seriously?

Is that Baz doing the Sky ad??

Kevin Sharkey "we accept bitcoin". Nothing shady about that at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,853 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

crazy 88 wrote: »
    Kevin Sharkey "we accept bitcoin". Nothing shady about that at all...

Never mind the CCP's crackdown causing its value to plummet 50%, this is all the warning you need to cash out of crypto! :pac:

[Size=" 1"]Disclaimer: Not financial advice.[/size]

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I don't hear many radio ads, and when I do I rarely rmember what they're for, but I did hear a Dublin man this evening selling his services to kit out my "batroom". I thought the ad was a bit too niche for my liking. How many listeners are going to have a room for their bats?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

I don't hear many radio ads, and when I do I rarely rmember what they're for, but I did hear a Dublin man this evening selling his services to kit out my "batroom". I thought the ad was a bit too niche for my liking. How many listeners are going to have a room for their bats?

Do you have a number?

My mother in law is a right old bat and I'd love to lock her into a specially created room

The Dark Knight for one.

What's the advert running currently with the talking car? An interviewer asks 12-D-12345 it's history to which the car replies in a thick bogger accent about all the misdemeaners he's had. Surely if they want to go this route of thick farmer paddy car the reg should be C, KY, CW, LS etc etc.

The DSPCA ad:
    "your pet is your best pal"
    If you say so...

And an offer to make your will for "free". That doesn't sound at all suspicious coming from an animal charity!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Orchids

It's awful, could someone not tell him there's a H in bathroom or get someone else to do the voiceover? Plus he says it's loads of times too, gets on my nerves. It's like when Rachel Allen did the obriens saMwiches ads.........nearly as bad as saying sangwich.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

The DSPCA ad:
    "your pet is your best pal"
    If you say so...

And an offer to make your will for "free". That doesn't sound at all suspicious coming from an animal charity!

Seems pretty straightforward to me. Person gets their will made for nothing as long as the DSPCA is a beneficiary in the will. There is prob a min amount although I'd imagine it's a reasonable sum which would stop someone leaving them €2 to get the free will.

I think it's a great idea.

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    Seems pretty straightforward to me. Person gets their will made for nothing as long as the DSPCA is a beneficiary in the will. There is prob a min amount although I'd imagine it's a reasonable sum which would stop someone leaving them €2 to get the free will.

I think it's a great idea.

I haven't done one but I thought standard practice was to go to a solicitor if you needed advice. From some of the corruption which has come to light in Irish charities recently, I wouldn't be advising an elderly person I know to use the services of a charity for something as important as a will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

I haven't done one but I thought standard practice was to go to a solicitor if you needed advice. From some of the corruption which has come to light in Irish charities recently, I wouldn't be advising an elderly person I know to use the services of a charity for something as important as a will.

I'm pretty sceptical about charities myself. It's not the guy that mucks out the stables that does the will.
    MAKE YOUR WILL
    DSPCA 'Online Will Service' is a free service available exclusively through this DSPCA website.

The free service includes drafting and support from O’Shea Barry Solicitors, and is available to anyone on condition that they include a bequest of at least €500 to the DSPCA within their will.

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    I'm pretty sceptical about charities myself. It's not the guy that mucks out the stables that does the will.

I'd probably trust him more than the exec in a suit!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,963 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

SpitfireIV wrote: »
    What's the advert running currently with the talking car? An interviewer asks 12-D-12345 it's history to which the car replies in a thick bogger accent about all the misdemeaners he's had. Surely if they want to go this route of thick farmer paddy car the reg should be C, KY, CW, LS etc etc.

There would be boggers from all over phoning and moaning if it were specified to a more rural area in particular.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Ulysses ad has returned on RTE....YES!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Cole

Ulysses ad has returned on RTE....YES!

I have never met another human being who gives a toss about Ulysses, never mind celebrate it. Now it's being plugged as if it's a fecking national holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Orchids wrote: »
    It's awful, could someone not tell him there's a H in bathroom or get someone else to do the voiceover? Plus he says it's loads of times too, gets on my nerves. It's like when Rachel Allen did the obriens saMwiches ads.........nearly as bad as saying sangwich.......

PHRoss... There is an actual H in their name and he can't even pronounce bathroom. He says it so many times, his employers must be using his lack of elecution as an ad gimmick..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Cole

UsBus wrote: »
    PHRoss... There is an actual H in their name and he can't even pronounce bathroom. He says it so many times, his employers must be using his lack of elecution as an ad gimmick..

That's pretty ironic...when you're passing judgement and slagging someone's pronunciation/accent.

Advertisement