Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst/Best Radio Ads rerun edition!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,988 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Oh good jesus that has outstayed its welcome like all 'hilarious talking animals'. Thankfully we've heard the last of the Bothar goat.

And hopefully the last of Bothar...
    https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2021/0408/1208688-courts-bothar/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Upside down downward facing dog yoga woman is back. Ridiculous ad.
    Who is so busy they have to make a phone call in the middle of yoga?

Only a matter of time then that they start playing the ad where daddy is playing table tennis with daughter while on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,016 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Only a matter of time then that they start playing the ad where daddy is playing table tennis with daughter while on the phone.

"playing table tennis with your daw-der".

Two more examples of "hilarious taking animals" for a dog food ad recently. Don't ask me what brand. Painfully unfunny, at least Wexford dog was mildly amusing at the outset.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

The advert for sexual abuse at home or the workplace, the one where the woman is on the computer and her fella is harassing her trying to get her to come upstairs. I don't get it, the voiceover guy, is he supposed to be there watching this go on? Seems a bit weird. Maybe there's a tv version that makes more sense?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭Dickie10

"playing table tennis with your daw-der".

Two more examples of "hilarious taking animals" for a dog food ad recently. Don't ask me what brand. Painfully unfunny, at least Wexford dog was mildly amusing at the outset.

Thats a terrible ad one of the "dogs" is speaking like a middle class 70 year old english toff, i thought it was an extremely odd times xmas ad, because i thought it was suppossed to be Santy Clause. You know the way they always have him as an old english ex army captain , 19th century voice, even though hes from Norway/Sweden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

Prize for the most unimaginative ad goes to Energia:
    2 lads talking - "umm...ah...so how was your weekend"?
    "Stuck for something to talk about? Why not talk about Energia?"

Was someone paid to come up with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

crazy 88 wrote: »
    Prize for the most unimaginative ad goes to Energia:
    2 lads talking - "umm...ah...so how was your weekend"?
    "Stuck for something to talk about? Why not talk about Energia?"

Was someone paid to come up with that?

Also sounds like one lad trying to chat up the other - can't wait for the sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭depaor01

"Two more examples of "hilarious taking animals" for a dog food ad recently. Don't ask me what brand. Painfully unfunny, at least Wexford dog was mildly amusing at the outset.

I think the ad also involves cats and the food is "organic". Bloody hell. Organic food for animals when half the world is starving.
    Don't get me started on one of the ingredients described as "Wild Atlantic Herring". ALL HERRING IS WILD!!! although it would be a shame if the manufacturers snuck in some Wild North Sea herring. I bet little Snookums could immediately taste the difference...

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

The ad for the visiting hour, the play by Frank McGuinness. The song is annoying enough, even more annoying is that it gets stuck in your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

The McCambridge bread ads. It's the kid's voice that annoys me.'Is that why it tastes so good?'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Aglomerado wrote: »
    The McCambridge bread ads. It's the kid's voice that annoys me.'Is that why it tastes so good?'

"Please don't ever change!"

depaor01 wrote: »
    I think the ad also involves cats and the food is "organic". Bloody hell. Organic food for animals when half the world is starving.
    Don't get me started on one of the ingredients described as "Wild Atlantic Herring". ALL HERRING IS WILD!!! although it would be a shame if the manufacturers snuck in some Wild North Sea herring. I bet little Snookums could immediately taste the difference...

"Wild" herring and these days "wild" swimming and "wild" camping... makes them sound classier than they really are. Such bollocks.

Latest annoyance is foaming-at-the-mouth hurling mom ad.

depaor01 wrote: »
    . I bet little Snookums could immediately taste the difference...

This is a species that regularly lick their own genitalia and hoop, real gourmets...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Vinny Byrnes ads, I presume they are just on Dublin stations. Awful shrieky voices. I will never be tempted to shop there based on the ads.

Same or very similar shrieky voices on an ad for an insurance company. My ears almost bleed, and the ads are played an awful lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

Latest annoyance is foaming-at-the-mouth hurling mom ad.

:mad: Hate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

Just heard a really bad advert on RTE Radio 1.

Something about the recycle of electrical products using the tag line 'Binning is Sinning'. If you haven't heard it yet, consider yourself lucky.

No offence to the people on production, I am sure they are only following the brief and direction given, but.... it's a very annoying concept that should have been binned itself.

The Ads with talking electrical appliances for some insurance company is as bad as the talking Whacker/Wexford dog AA Ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Cole

Ger Roe wrote: »
    Just heard a really bad advert on RTE Radio 1.

Something about the recycle of electrical products using the tag line 'Binning is Sinning'. If you haven't heard it yet, consider yourself lucky.

No offence to the people on production, I am sure they are only following the brief and direction given, but.... it's a very annoying concept that should have been binned itself.

One of the unlucky ones here. I heard it early this morning. Sounds like a parody...maybe that's the 'clever' intention.

Loike "binning is sinning"...roight on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

I don't get why the noyeks newmans ad gives the time every time it's on. What's the point of that? It really annoys me.

If I could catch it in a jahur...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭plodder

If I could catch it in a jahur...
    .. or cracka like an egg

or squasha like a fly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Cole

...I know I wouldz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RINO87

:mad: Hate it!

It's so so so baaaaaad. Only thing is we probably all know that type of person...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,499 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Zak Flaps wrote: »
    I don't get why the noyeks newmans ad gives the time every time it's on. What's the point of that? It really annoys me.

It is may be so it is considered a sponsored timecheck rather than an ad, for the ad minuteage rules. I don't know if that would work though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

Del.Monte wrote: »
    or squasha like a fly.

I was expecting the vegans and animal rights crowds to be going crazy about that part

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Those FBD adverts, for example the one who announces herself straight off as the 'Thompsons TV', ok, so another lame idea of a talking appliance, all good. Then at the end of the advert she announces again as if it's some big reveal and the ad makers think they're bring clever that she's 'the Thompson's TV', frig off!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

L1011 wrote: »
    It is may be so it is considered a sponsored timecheck rather than an ad, for the ad minuteage rules. I don't know if that would work though.

Sorry, I actually don't know what that means!

It's like the news brought to you by X, or weather brought to you by Y, traffic report etc. Any old vehicle to get the name in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,499 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There's a max amount of ads you can have per hour, but sponsorship names don't count towards it. News cant be sponsored but weather, traffic, sports, can. I don't know if just saying the time can, but wouldn't be surprised.

Advertisement