Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Options

Comments

So..... After 12 months of holding paper & mobile phones at arms length to read the tinny tiny small writing :) I have booked an appointment at one of those eye/glasses place.......
    Jaysis, old age......

• Registered Users Posts: 13,768 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

In bed shivering. Came over all of a sudden. ,:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

May have said too much (about my life, not placentas) to someone. You know when you're holding things in and after you let go of them you feel lightheaded. Relief, or something.

Going to have a power nap. Sleep tight wherers

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Night Widders, peaceful sleep to you.

Bedside pondering watching more Bojack..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,756 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Just noticed the fog, perfect Halloween atmosphere out there. If it wasn't January like. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Bedside watching B99.

Got a good bit of my last chapter of my thesis done today, feeling a bit like there’s an end in sight now and feeling happy about that :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Bedside watching B99.

Got a good bit of my last chapter of my thesis done today, feeling a bit like there’s an end in sight now and feeling happy about that :)

Nice one, feels you tore through that, well done!.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sweet dreams all 😴💤 x

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Nice one, feels you tore through that, well done!.

Taking it a bit at a time, treating each chapter like a separate essay and doing a few hundred words at a time :) will have a lot of editing and changing bits to do, but it’ll be a relief to have the bulk of the writing done

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Taking it a bit at a time, treating each chapter like a separate essay and doing a few hundred words at a time :) will have a lot of editing and changing bits to do, but it’ll be a relief to have the bulk of the writing done

I've been around a few thesis writers and you seem to be handling it very well, of course there's editing but getting a lot of text down is a big hurdle..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,096 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Alarm set for 0545, and here I find myself up at 5am reading this thread, so educational in ways that I never dreamt of :)

I love watching cities wake up, right now the streets are empty as they wait for sunrise.

I’m off to work :)

I do like that 'between' time too, it's neither night nor morning, people walking/driving around could be going to or coming from something. And the thoughts of lots of people sleeping away while you wander through a city they might never see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

It's just after 11.30 am here but I still am struggling to get going properly work wise. Have loads of work to do but not interested. Sigh.

Just want to sleep. Think that this flu is still lingering and just wiping me out.

Ack that's misery Witchie, I'm sorry. I guess load up on things you think help and soothe.. I've a lingering rattle in my chest from a cold that I can't get to eff off either..

Yeah am still coughing and just feel wiped out but other than that am grand. Am actually getting good stomach muscles from my cough. First time in 25 years they have had such a work out.

Was just out for a little perambulation, still, not even a car or cat to be seen.. Still have the sodium type streetlights so a kinder, warmer light on things.. I'm getting far too wordy and faux poetic so I better head to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Morning lovely Wherers!
    Auto usually posts before me so my imagination is running away with me re her date night with CH

All is well in Honeybearland (cats, dogs, hens & ducks). Having a coffee before joining Marty on my drive to school. Getting my "eye trio" done after work ... if you see a honeybear with Bette Davis eyes this evening, it could be me. On that note, I better break it to ye, that, we didn't win the euromillions (this time). Have a wonderful Wednesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Deskside with coffee early today for a meeting. Happy hump day all! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

No date night last night so rest assured CH is alive :D

Heading to the coalface

• Registered Users Posts: 10,096 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I just love days like this, ATC told us takeoff and turn, so with no passengers that translates into full power, accelerate, climb like crazy and passing 500 feet, yank into a 45 degree turn while still climbing at close to 5000 feet per minute, awesome way to get the blood flowing in the morning :)

Now sitting waiting for our passengers as we listen to Dire Straits .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Foggy morning, I can hear Sinead o Connor in my mind singing the foggy dew, it appears I'm starting to hear things so that might be something to worry about.
    Funeral bound today, I wasn't going to go after being at the wake yesterday, but they were so nice to us and invited us back today and to lunch after it, so I'm going.
    Have a nice day all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Morning all,

It's very foggy out there, 7C but feels kinda milder.

Kitchen draining the coffee pot

Have a nice one folk

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

bedside, awake early but slept like a log, thanks to a cup of chamomile tea :D

Need to start my Irish work but stuck in traffic enroute to a bar to work as have a meeting there later so easier to go now.

smurfjed wrote: »
    I just love days like this, ATC told us takeoff and turn, so with no passengers that translates into full power, accelerate, climb like crazy and passing 500 feet, yank into a 45 degree turn while still climbing at close to 5000 feet per minute, awesome way to get the blood flowing in the morning :)

That sounds like an AWESOME take off! No matter how many times I take off I am excited! Planes are just incredible things!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,768 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

They are. I remember once (747 to the states I think ) after turning and lining up on the runway he /she gunned it. It seemed like it went from 0 to 100 % in 1second. Loved it

Well, safe to say "Election Hotties 2020" will be today's entertainment...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Deskside - trying to work. Having a tea break early after the morning stroll with the dogs, the mist has risen to reveal a very springlike day out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭thomil

smurfjed wrote: »

Please tell me that this happened against an Orange sky at dawn with the Top Gun Theme playing in the background :D

Deskside here. Tired and busy, but it’s the good type of busy.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement

Well, safe to say "Election Hotties 2020" will be today's entertainment...

Oh I thought that was yesterday, hurrah, maybe.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement