Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

4Ad wrote: »
    Not looking forward to the cold and reality !

I'm sort of in mid Clare but not that far from Scariff/Feakle . The sun is shining and it's very mild here.

Homeside, I was completing some online summer shopping.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I bought trousers online last night. I'm not much of a shopper, I'm half thrilled and half terrified

I bought trousers online last night. I'm not much of a shopper, I'm half thrilled and half terrified

Are you a non trouser wearer like me?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Well I don't own a skirt and haven't in over twenty years?

I have a few pairs of jeans but it took me ages to even source them.

• Advertisement

Ack glitch

Waiting on the 'ol busaroo!! Socks on over my tights and feet are still like icicles.

Ickskikels :D

Toesicles unite!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Waiting on the 'ol busaroo!! Socks on over my tights and feet are still like icicles.

Is that a triangle or what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭4Ad

On board from Gatwick to Dublin, short flight, then Aeireagle Coach to Limerick 2.5 hours then 15 miles home.
    Worth it though..l

Deskside listening to the wireless using many wires to do so

Airing a bottle of Merlot. A combination of celebrating and un-stressing. Need to find a book to read now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,097 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Library

Trying to look busy, bopping to Bjork doesn't count i guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,755 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Anyone else think it's the weather for midweek beers?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,095 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

cjmc wrote: »
    I've never noticed nests like that. Do you know what bird it is?
    Sorry, but I don’t know. Two of us and the mutt were still burning wood at 7am when the missus got up. She was pissed that we had stayed there for 12 hours by our little camp fire.
    Needless to Say, I spent the day in bed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

smurfjed wrote: »
    Sorry, but I don’t know. Two of us and the mutt were still burning wood at 7am when the missus got up. She was pissed that we had stayed there for 12 hours by our little camp fire.
    Needless to Say, I spent the day in bed :)

Might be a weaver bird.... Similar family to finches.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Just back from getting ashes on my forehead

In bed holding phone charger in place because someone bent the plug part.
    Self care night before more viewing tomorrow. Didn't finish my glassofwineas it wouldn't warm up. Ugh.
    Gotta suss the local towns out tomorrow too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

branie2 wrote: »
    Just back from getting ashes on my forehead

Ditto.
    I'm giving up da drink for lent too, I'm going to be a good little soldier.
    Listened to the priest talking about it on Sunday and I thought what about the altar wine, but anyway I do something most years, this year its alcohol. Sour puss with me says no.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭thomil

Deskside - Beginning to think that starting a video series and learning a new editing software at the same time may not have been the smartest idea :pac:

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Quiet here tonight.

I'm couchside melting, the fire and heat are hopping, but it must be milder than I expected. More beer is the obvious solution.

Midweek slump I guess.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Chilled on the sofa in front of the TV and feeling very tired. Sleep hasn’t been the best the past few days.

Also really hoping the broken down gas boiler can be fixed ASAP as it is very cold for this time of year and the electric heaters I have as backup (thankfully) must be eating through the electricity bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,887 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Quiet here tonight.

I'm couchside melting, the fire and heat are hopping, but it must be milder than I expected. More beer is the obvious solution.

Same here , one less layer on me and not as cold as last night , odd .

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Same here , one less layer on me and not as cold as last night , odd .

Dare we hope it will get milder? It's been very bleak since the new year.

Sure we won't feel it now til Christmas. :D

Just inside from outside.

Been sat inside lazy-as way too much past few weeks/months imagining it's too cold, wet, I've a cold, blah blah blah, so as I was starting to annoy myself I decided to go on one of my monster runs. Ha ha ha :o Can confirm that I've lost it. Hopefully not forever :eek:
    Nothing like a cold hard hurty 15km to waken up the soft senses and shins to reality :)

Next though, a nice hot epsom salt bath and toasty bed beckon. Maybe a glass of lemonade to wind down with.

• Advertisement

Dare we hope it will get milder? It's been very bleak since the new year.

Sure we won't feel it now til Christmas. :D

Ha ha, somebody else said that to me today, was like ffs, I'm still signing stuff off as 2019 :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement