Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Happy Pancake Tuesday everyone! :)

I'm deskside dreaming of pancakes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Eleysian, are you ok?.

Work soon, weird shift but what harm..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,888 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

One batch of twenty pancakes delivered to one house , what kind of pancake fiends did I rear at all ? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Hello all. Thanks Princess C, Autosport and Grem for the kind wishes.
    Deskside now my American colleague left half an hour early.

God bless the dentist because he was brilliant. He asked me what music I would like to listen to before starting! It was a stubborn old wisdom tooth but it is out and done. Anaesthetic has worn off but nurofen are doing the job.

Special shout out to Princess C - you are some woman to have done this whilst pregnant with a two year old.

Wherers rock! On with the pancakes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Woo hoo! Delighted to hear you got on ok Eleysian..

• Advertisement

Argh glitch etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭4Ad

Sitting outside in the wilting Seville sun having a beer.
    For the first time ever I went for a spa/ massage treatment..(sounds a bit gay I know)
    It was heaven, not an ache in the body, only in the wallet..

Happy snowball fights everyone.

Im back to reality/ ****sville tomorrow..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,756 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Homeside, lecturer let us leave class early because he’s a legend. Verrrrrrry excited for pancakes later :D

Stuck on the Long Mile Rd not going anywhere. The empty lane beside me looks very tempting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,177 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Stuck on the Long Mile Rd not going anywhere. The empty lane beside me looks very tempting.

Metaphor for life really. ;)

Hope traffic clears for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Crikey, Eleysian, I just read the older posts. Hope you're feeling better after that.

Homeside after a bath and hair treatment. All dried and dressed now. Feel zingy and up for going out!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,177 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Eleysian wrote: »
    Hello all. Thanks Princess C, Autosport and Grem for the kind wishes.
    Deskside now my American colleague left half an hour early.

God bless the dentist because he was brilliant. He asked me what music I would like to listen to before starting! It was a stubborn old wisdom tooth but it is out and done. Anaesthetic has worn off but nurofen are doing the job.

Special shout out to Princess C - you are some woman to have done this whilst pregnant with a two year old.

Glad its ok.

Im waiting for news about when our dog comes out of anesthetic. He has had to get teeth removed. :(

We brush his teeth every day i don't get it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Back at my desk at work, trying to get a few bits and pieces finished off before I'm out of here at 5.45pm.

Going along to a public lecture on architecture at 6.15pm and thn home before 8pm to get making those dreamed of pancakes!! :D

Metaphor for life really. ;)

Hope traffic clears for you.

:)

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 10,097 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Sitting by the fire pit with a group of friends, booze flowing and fresh pizza.

The best way to spend days off, relaxing at home.

Deskside, not very with it..

Cavan.
    It's snowing!

More of a slushy situation here, wind chill is ferocious though :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

It's been snowing in Longford and cold as fcuk too.
    Had a quick walk with the dogs after I got home, now about to tuck into pancakes with egg and Rasher.

• Advertisement

What's Seville like?

My 2nd time here, I enjoy it, cheap, warm and safe..
    Stroll around dressed like a dodgy person ( me right now) I'm sitting in thisnice bar, no one cares....
    2.80 a glass of wine, more expensive than most places but still its all relative..

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Eleysian wrote: »

Happy for you that you survived the dentist. I’m one of these guys who could stand nearly everything...except going to the dentist. 😱

Deskside with tea no. 6 in front of me.😋

Baking bread no. 2 this day as my new neighbour likes it. With roasted onions inside...yummy. Emily, my in the meantime permanent visitor cat, is sleeping next to me in her chair after a few bites of sausage and half a hour of getting cuddled. But this night she has to leave. 🤔

Last night she tried to sleep here and kept me awake half of the night with all her talking and her indecisive walks between my bed, the kitchen and the porch door.😸😜

More of a slushy situation here, wind chill is ferocious though :eek:

Think I'll stay in Seville, is it too early to retire at 51 ?
    I might as well be here than East Clare...
    Just dreaming I guess...

I do hope Witchie Poo is getting on ok. She's been quiet.

I am stick side.

It's freezing out there, had to brave it to get more coal. Seville sounds like just the place right now.

Hope Seph is ok too, I haven't seen him post since the weekend.

I do hope Witchie Poo is getting on ok. She's been quiet.

I am stick side.

What ya doing with the stick? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Did anyone notice my absence??

Got caught in a sleety/snow shower on way home from work.

Relaxing & going to watch Better Call Saul

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

On the couch nursing a food baby. Contemplating a pancake or two.

It's freezing out there, had to brave it to get more coal. Seville sounds like just the place right now.

Hope Seph is ok too, I haven't seen him post since the weekend.

Oh ya Sephers. Hope all is well with the lad.

The stick is imaginary. I am beating some boardsies with it. Or it could also mean that I am home side which is in the sticks :D

• Advertisement

Dining-table side on the laptop.
    Got a nice overdue payment in the other week and am efficiently paying bills on time with it. Both a sad and proud moment - I still remember days of being so broke and wild in my late teens/early twenties (back in the US) that I'd be like hmmm, shall I bounce this check on smokes/booze or food. Obvs the former all the way :o Sad in that my ability to live on that edge has long gone!

Miss Seph round here, I made popcorn earlier with proper melted butter, and did a few rounds of pancakes and not a sign of a plate being slid over to help. I'll have to eat it all myself :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement