Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is a thread about the 2020 Six Nations, formerly the Five Nations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,793 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Good officiating

• Registered Users Posts: 13,087 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

At times I suspect that Virgin Media commentators are the players who were taken off mid game having failed their HIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭vafankillar

joke of a yellow card. whats the point of saying mitigating circumstance and then still giving him a yellow? is he saying he was lucky not to have gotten a red???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

joke of a yellow card. whats the point of saying mitigating circumstance and then still giving him a yellow? is he saying he was lucky not to have gotten a red???

Yes to ???

That's exactly what they're saying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Italy gained about 5 metres from that penalty kick out of hand

• Registered Users Posts: 22,366 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

International rugby really is in trouble. This England team are useless

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Akrasia wrote: »
    International rugby really is in trouble. This England team are useless

This won't age well. Delete! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

If England win this by less than 23 points any win in Paris will be enough, am I correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,136 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

should that scrum not have been reset if the ball came back out of the tunnel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

If England win this by less than 23 points any win in Paris will be enough, am I correct?

Don't get your hopes up.
    Italy will collapse eventually.....

I’m not shocked that Italy are holding firm so far. Don’t get me wrong, England will win this by a canter but they will have to work a lot more than they are used to. It’s evident by the amount of scuffles and handbags so far that England are not getting it as easily as they though that they’d get it.

The hard work is being done in their domestic game by Stephen Aboud, who has worked wonders in developing their underage game. They showed a lot of promise last week, a lot more than we expected, and their footballers are playing far more natural rugby than they did even a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭rodge123

Wtf, did the English player not knock that back into into goal area? So should have been Italian scrum?

We've been here with Italy many times before.. I still fancy England will get the BP.. I just hope Italy get a few more points as well.

But in answer to your question yes...or if England fail to get a BP win.

Let's not forget a close result puts France right in the picture as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

rodge123 wrote: »
    Wtf, did the English player not knock that back into into goal area? So should have been Italian scrum?

Normally yeah but time was up so halftime is called

• Registered Users Posts: 22,366 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Clock was gone red I think, no scrums when clock is red

Just reewinded it and yes an English player did knock it back into in goal area. Brutal reffing from officials and poor from Italian captain not to bring it to their attention too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭TomsOnTheRoof

Just reewinded it and yes an English player did knock it back into in goal area. Brutal reffing from officials and poor from Italian captain not to bring it to their attention too

As mentioned above, time was up.

Brutal from me not knowing the rules! 😂

Brutal from me not knowing the rules LAWS! ��

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

guess that cancelled BaaBaa’s match cost England’s prep more than they would like

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

Great from Youngs
    Pressure was on. Saw him laughing just before 2nd half kicked off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

😭

• Registered Users Posts: 25,115 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Tackled him in the air and with his shoulder. Officials are zzzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Strumms wrote: »
    Tackled him in the air and with his shoulder. Officials are zzzzzz

What do the laws say?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Italy do such dumb basic stuff

When the ball is brought by the defending team into In Goal and the ball is grounded by a defending player, the game is restarted with an attacking scrum.

The England player who last touched the ball didn’t play the ball back into In Goal, or not wilfully anyway. As such the Italian kick took the ball into In Goal so a 22 is the correct call in this circumstance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

Itoje the most dislikable players in world rugby
    His shrieking alone is obnoxious
    Italian offered his hand to help him off the ground and itoje just took his away. Hate to see that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

think that’s at least 4 dangerous tackles in 6 minutes from England

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,115 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Tristram wrote: »
    What do the laws say?

The laws outlaw shoulder tackles / challenges regardless of where the contact with the opposition player occurs. The only question is what sanctions ie. red / yellow depending on the nature of the tackle. Tackling a player in the air is not permitted.

Advertisement