Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you just "don't get"?

Options

Comments

A proper spicy sauce shouldn't contain vinegar.

Yeah they should, the king of hot sauces Tabasco habanero contains it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,707 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Yeah they should, the king of hot sauces Tabasco habanero contains it.

I love tabasco habanero, and Frank's is the undisputed wing king, but vinegar is just a heat amplifier. A proper tomato based hot sauce where the flavours naturally work is much better if your not doing heat for the sake of heat.

And siracha is better than tabasco

hynesie08 wrote: »
    I love tabasco habanero, and Frank's is the undisputed wing king, but vinegar is just a heat amplifier. A proper tomato based hot sauce where the flavours naturally work is much better if your not doing heat for the sake of heat.

And siracha is better than tabasco

I hate siracha, it tastes like sugar and chemicals, can’t understand how people like it. Any sort of sweet chilli is rotten imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,707 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I hate siracha, it tastes like sugar and chemicals, can’t understand how people like it. Any sort of sweet chilli is rotten imo.

Beauty of opinions noxy.... ;) I think siracha is the god of condiments and tabasco is fine as an ingredient but can't understand the appeal of it on its own.

Yep. For every "I'm cold" there are some big concerns mentioned alright.

Also negativity can be connected to depression. If every little thing is becoming an issue then something more might be going on.

Go away and start a new thread with that rubbish. Especially when you’ve no annoyances yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Ooh. Grouchy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭blackbox

As somebody who looks outwardly healthy and is still relatively young but who has a damaged pelvis that means I walk slow, the “Why do people walk slow on footpaths?” moans irk me. They’ve no idea what anybody’s health status is, even if the person looks young and healthy. I really wish I could walk faster but I can’t. I understand people feeling momentarily annoyed but whining about it later on? Good lord, they’ve no problems.

It's not the slowness, it's the lack of awareness and consideration for other people behind them. A considerate person who can only walk slowly will keep to one side rather than hog the middle of the footpath.

Sometimes I drive with a trailer (therefore limited to 80 kph) so I am very careful to minimise delays to people behind me.

Ooh. Grouchy!

Really though. Not the place for everyone’s favourite fashionable buzzword. The whole site is riddled with “mental health” so there’s no need to pollute what was a simple enough thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

stratowide wrote: »
    While queing in the small basket line I'll always leave a metre of space in front of me.
    Not to give people space..I do it to annoy the person behind me that's breathing fire down my back.

It really works..Drives people nuts.

In fact it's one of my favourite pastimes..:)

Nothing beats driving around shopping centre car parks close to Christmas and 'breaking down' in places where you cause maximum congestion.

Go away and start a new thread with that rubbish. Especially when you’ve no annoyances yourself.

Would you like to talk? You seem a little wound up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Liverpool FC.

Would you like to talk? You seem a little wound up.

Stop posturing, that’s a weakest argument of all time here. It’s a poor show when you wade in to puff your chest in an annoyances thread and you end up the biggest annoyance. For once, just leave others be.

Stop posturing, that’s a weakest argument of all time here. It’s a poor show when you wade in to puff your chest in an annoyances thread and you end up the biggest annoyance. For once, just leave others be.

You are the one getting all wound up about a post. Take it handy. Its Saturday.

You are the one getting all wound up about a post. Take it handy. Its Saturday.

Like I said, the smug little faux concerned digs are a sure sign you’ve zero to add and are backtracking. Old hand arguing for the empty minded.

I’m annoyed by your whole dirty additude to the thread and everyone in it. One post? If only.

Like I said, the smug little faux concerned digs are a sure sign you’ve zero to add and are backtracking. Old hand arguing for the empty minded.

I’m annoyed by your whole dirty additude to the thread and everyone in it. One post? If only.

Yes my responses to you are faux concern because I don't actually care what you think of my contributions to the thread and have nothing to add to what you are posting except for this;
    You do seem rather personally invested in my posts given the amount of anger that's present. That's for you to deal with not me.

Bye bye now.

Yes my responses to you are faux concern because I don't actually care what you think of my contributions to the thread and have nothing to add to what you are posting except for this;
    You do seem rather personally invested in my posts given the amount of anger that's present. That's for you to deal with not me.

Bye bye now.

I have zero interest in you or your posts. If anyone has waded in with the same dirty attitude and self back slapping I’d have told them the same. You could have a look closer to home for things to deal with though - that’s my little bit of faux concern for you.

I have zero interest in you or your posts. If anyone has waded in with the same dirty attitude and self back slapping I’d have told them the same. You could have a look closer to home for things to deal with though - that’s my little bit of faux concern for you.

Take it to the TA thread.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Israel.

The jews are allowed to lorry in to another country and take it over. Why? Because they are gods chosen people and he gave it to them thousands of years ago :confused:

Got a signed contract from the big guy, did you lads? The deeds to the country maybe?
    Nope, it's a 3000 year old verbal contract...cop yourselves on. How does this bullsh*t still fly in this day and age?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Also on Israel. The US, the most powerful country in the world throws all its political weight behind Israel and sends over 3 billion dollars of aid to them every year.

Why? Because a load of american mentalists (very powerful mentalists) believe that Jesus Christ is going to come back to Earth so he can torture and kill all of mankind, except for the mentalists of course, they are the true believers.

There is a catch though, he won't return until god's chosen people are all back in the promised land.
    F*ck me, you couldn't make it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Don't get the bits of cardboard people carry around in Lidl - so limited in what they can carry. There's little to no effort in bringing a bag and a €1 coin or a token!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I dont get why people get uptight when someone doesnt get why we do something we do. Like why we post TA's. Its not possible or necesary to forcefully justify and gain approval of everyone. Theyre not obliged to change their mind or suddenly get it.

Also don't get cold shoulder jumpers. Stupid things.
    Or the tortured soul personalities of men who grew up in windswept coastal locations, mainly Kerry.

Or people who bray about being atheist. I dont give a flying fu**eroo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

I don't understand the antipathy towards the word "normal". Its not the same thing as conventional, or herd mentality, but if you dare to use that word you could be rebuked with a fairly strong "what's normal anyway?".
    Ever had blood tests done? Im sure you had no issue when the results (hopefully) came back "normal" or within the "normal range".
    Normal = well adjusted, healthy.

I wonder if its just one of those dopey virtuous things people say because they think they're radical free spirits but they're really just parrots mimicking the trendy 'messages'.
    It's PC wokeness by big companies. So many adverts now try to cram as many demographics into it as possible. It's like there's a check list for ads now that have to include white, brown, black and oriental people, some kids, usually mixed race with mum's Afro and white dad, a few elderly people some gay folks, gay older same sex couples are a new feature too. I sometimes wonder what it is they are trying to sell me, a mindset or a product? It's like there's a push to turn things on their heads for the sake of it. Tiresome really and fooling nobody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

I'm not a fan of it either but to me Tabasco is just heat and little flavour, what I really like though is chipotle sauce.

Seamai wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of it either but to me Tabasco is just heat and little flavour, what I really like though is chipotle sauce.

I’d have to disagree on that, Tabaso habanero is delicious. Once you get used to it and handle the heat well then you appreciate how nice it is. I try loads of hot sauces, some hotter than it and some not so hot. I have a bottle of Carolina reaper sauce and that’s just pure uncensored heat! But nothing I’ve had yet tastes as nice as the Tabasco hab and it’s hot enough too to make you think about it!

I go through a bottle about every 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Avocados.

Bland as bejaysus, and you go automatically to the climate change naughty step for buying them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭appledrop

Avocados.

Bland as bejaysus, and you go automatically to the climate change naughty step for buying them.

Yep + they are also full of an unbelievable amount of calories + fat. Oh yes people will tell you its 'good fats' but still if you have too much of it it's still fat to your body.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

A roll from subway they are ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

Avocados.

And they are everywhere on every bloody menu. I don't eat meat and I can't stand avocado or goats cheese yet every single bloody menu with a vegetarian option has goats cheese, it's effing horrible tasting filth and the avocado option has replaced things I did like on menus. Bloody Millennial's and their sheepleness.

I really like avocado and while they are full of fat it's far better for you than a pile of sausages. Its the shortening of the name I don't get, avo. Images of those Happy Pear two immediately spring to mind when I encounter that word.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,850 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

A roll from subway they are ****e

I think they're the most artificial tasting roll you can get.

Advertisement