Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭shanec1928

adox wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble with Google Pay and topping up?

Twice in a row now I have tried to add money and its told me "something went wrong try again" which I have done(with the same message popping up again) but the money has been added twice.

Pretty annoying. I will remember in future not to "try again" as instructed and check the balance first.

Pretty flimsy.
    bit late but i had issues with apple pay around the same time, said it failed three times then went and they had all went through which was a pain...

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

scarepanda wrote: »
    Ok, this is a very silly thing to ask, but is it possible in the new app to label each transaction?.

Yes - if it is a main transaction / purchase - click on the transaction and just below where you have the option to attach a receipt there is an "Add note" option. Is this what you want?

No - if the transaction is a transfer or vault transaction. This is a real pain for me as I used it for most of my vault transactions. Support/Chat confirmed that the feature was removed/not implemented in the new version of the app for vaults. I suggest you get on to them in chat (like I have) and register it in the hope they will restore the functionality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭scarepanda

msmx5 wrote: »
    Yes - if it is a main transaction / purchase - click on the transaction and just below where you have the option to attach a receipt there is an "Add note" option. Is this what you want?

No - if the transaction is a transfer or vault transaction. This is a real pain for me as I used it for most of my vault transactions. Support/Chat confirmed that the feature was removed/not implemented in the new version of the app for vaults. I suggest you get on to them in chat (like I have) and register it in the hope they will restore the functionality.

Well that's a right pain in the ass! I'll get onto them. I use the feature mainly for withdrawals from vaults, especially if I have a bill that is split between a few vaults. Can you add a description to a Rev to Rev transfer? I haven't had to do that yet, but i would often send my husband money from our misc vault that's on my account and it was so handy to be able to say what they transfer was for.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

scarepanda wrote: »
    Well that's a right pain in the ass! I'll get onto them. I use the feature mainly for withdrawals from vaults, especially if I have a bill that is split between a few vaults. Can you add a description to a Rev to Rev transfer? I haven't had to do that yet, but i would often send my husband money from our misc vault that's on my account and it was so handy to be able to say what they transfer was for.

Yes -confirming that you can still add a GIF and a comment to Rev to Rev transfer. Its just the vaults for me that is a pain. I use the vaults for many things and it IS important for me to be able to add notes to vault transactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bossdrum

Has anyone had to resend a copy of their passport again to Revolut? I got a notification to do so a last week even though I did it when I initially opened the account a few years ago.

Then today when went to do it I noticed my passport expired 2 weeks ago. Have they done this deliberately because they knew my passport has expired?
    I really don't want have to get a new passport right now and once should have been enough to prove my ID.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

bossdrum wrote: »
    Has anyone had to resend a copy of their passport again to Revolut? I got a notification to do so a last week even though I did it when I initially opened the account a few years ago.

Then today when went to do it I noticed my passport expired 2 weeks ago. Have they done this deliberately because they knew my passport has expired?
    I really don't want have to get a new passport right now and once should have been enough to prove my ID.

Ask them what they did with your data the last time you supplied it.
    Tell them it's worrying that they lost it and it needs to be resubmitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

F1ngers wrote: »
    Ask them what they did with your data the last time you supplied it.
    Tell them it's worrying that they lost it and it needs to be resubmitted.

I did this a while back when they asked again for ID - same password, luckily not expired. Cue forwards and backwards with CS, apologies and waffle included, but still had to resubmit the ID. It's a PITA and if my password had expired, I'd be really annoyed.

I think someone posted on here that they asked those questions of CS and it worked for them, so worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭long_b

Mav11 wrote: »
    Anybody having issues with PTSB and Revolut?

Just went to transfer some funds from my PTSB current a/c to Revolut, asked by Revolut to verify my card. No problem, enter the details which then needs to be validated by a six digit code sent by sms to my phone from PTSB. Tried 4 times, PTSB are not sending the code. Tried other PTSB services for which an sms code is needed, code arrived instantaneously.

Anybody else experiencing this? Is it deliberate ploy by PTSB to prevent its customers using Revolut?

Normally works very well (PTSB -> Revolut)
    Account linking doesn't work with PTSB though - I've just gotten a dirty big error each time I've tried

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭long_b

Mav11 wrote: »
    Anybody having issues with PTSB and Revolut?

Just went to transfer some funds from my PTSB current a/c to Revolut, asked by Revolut to verify my card. No problem, enter the details which then needs to be validated by a six digit code sent by sms to my phone from PTSB. Tried 4 times, PTSB are not sending the code. Tried other PTSB services for which an sms code is needed, code arrived instantaneously.

Anybody else experiencing this? Is it deliberate ploy by PTSB to prevent its customers using Revolut?

Normally works very well (PTSB -> Revolut)
    Account linking doesn't work with PTSB though - I've just gotten a dirty big error each time I've tried

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Yep. No issues loading funds from a PTSB Visa Debit.

/M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,169 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

SEPA Instant is now live for INCOMING Payments.

If you have a bank that support SEPA Instant, you can now transfer money TO your € Revolut IBAN number.

Outbound instant from Revolut still does not work, but I guess is on it's way.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

SEPA Instant is now live for INCOMING Payments.

If you have a bank that support SEPA Instant, you can now transfer money TO your € Revolut IBAN number.

Outbound instant from Revolut still does not work, but I guess is on it's way.

Do you know if any of the irish banks support SEPA instant?

How about N26?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,169 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Do you know if any of the irish banks support SEPA instant?

How about N26?

N26 you might want to ask in this thread:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057531467&page=195

Irish Banks
    None of the banks open to consumers are currently supporting SEPA instant.
    Citi does for commercial banking and Prepaid Financial Services as some of their prepaid card offerings require it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Couple of question if anyone knows:

1. How to delete a beneficiary bank account? If you have sent money to a bank account, it appears in the list when you go to send->Bank Accounts. I want to delete one from the list. So far some posts suggesting that you can swap on the account which will give you edit/delete option. I am not getting any option. On Oneplus Android 10 phone.

2. Anyone sent money to Coinbase from Revolut via Bank Transfer? Where do you add Reference Number while adding bank account or sending money?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Click the account then there's 3 Dots in the top right and you can Delete there

I dont see any three dots.

Screenshot 1. I am trying to delete one of these accounts.

I dont get any swipe actions. When I click on them I am getting send money option, no edit / delete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

coldfire1x wrote: »
    I dont see any three dots.

Screenshot 1. I am trying to delete one of these accounts.

I dont get any swipe actions. When I click on them I am getting send money option, no edit / delete.

Click on the bank you want, then the 3 dots appear on the next screen giving you the option to delete

When I am clicking on the bank account, its taking me to second screenshot. No 3 dot option there. Not sure what I am missing.

When I am clicking on the bank account, its taking me to second screenshot. No 3 dot option there. Not sure what I am missing.

This is what I see

Looks like something wrong with my app. I will try to delete the app then reinstall.

• Advertisement

This is what I see

Reinstalled the app, still cant see what you are seeing :confused:

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Reinstalled the app, still cant see what you are seeing :confused:
    Are you on the beta version? I am and I'm seeing what you're seeing. And no option to delete.

Quackster wrote: »
    Are you on the beta version? I am and I'm seeing what you're seeing. And no option to delete.

I dont think I am on beta version. Dont remember opting for it.

Is there a way to check this?

I have version 7.6.2 installed. Which seems to be the current version for the app?

Are you on oneplus by any chance? Not sure if there's anything to do with device or android version.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I have version 7.6.2 installed. Which seems to be the current version for the app?

Are you on oneplus by any chance? Not sure if there's anything to do with device or android version.
    And I'm 7.7-beta-425. Am on a Samsung A40 running Android 10.

I'm on 7.7-beta-430 on Android 9 on a OnePlus 5

I think I found it. So at the first screen on Revolut, I was hitting the Send button. Then clicking on bank accounts. I wasnt gettting any option here to edit delete or the tree dots.

Now on the first screen click on the two arrows at the bottom of the screen instead of Send. Then Bank Transfer. After that if you click on any of the bank account you will see all the options.

Now the other question - Anyone successfully transferred to Coinbase and know how to add Reference Number? :)

Now the other question - Anyone successfully transferred to Coinbase and know how to add Reference Number? :)

Yep, while making the transaction you add it as the reference to that transaction

• Advertisement

Yep, while making the transaction you add it as the reference to that transaction

Do you first send the payment then add reference? When I hit send, I am getting this screen, no place to put reference.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=518859&d=1593873730

Advertisement