Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

There shouldn't be a problem with processing refunds to an expired card. Revolut explicitly stated this in correspondence they sent out. Obviously if the account the card is attached to has been closed, that's another issue.

Sorry, you're absolutely correct. My account was closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Why would Revolut restrict someone's account for 15 working days while they review it? They told him on chat ""These are just normal procedures, it is just that your account is restricted due to a standard verification, we need to perform these security reviews in order to make sure everything is safe. We also need to make sure that we have the most up-to-date information in order to ensure that everything is as it should be."

Also, this evening he asked for a straight answer to his question as to why his account was being reviewed and was told by yet another chat agent that "These are just normal procedures, it is just that your account is restricted due to a standard verification, we need to perform these security reviews in order to make sure everything is safe. We also need to make sure that we have the most up-to-date information in order to ensure that everything is as it should be."

Could he be being scammed or is it more likely that Revolut think he's made or received a dodgy payment of some kind? The English seems to be kind of off to me with plurals missing and other stuff but that could be because none of the agents has English as a first language. I have no idea where the Revolut chat people are from.

Has anyone any idea what is going on and what he might have done to merit a lengthy check like this. Three weeks not having access to the money on his Revolut account is a bit much. He's got €360 odd on it. He needs it to pay his bike insurance and the insurance company are screaming for it or they'll cancel his insurance.

I posted this question elsewhere but haven't had any replies, yet. I'm stressing out for him. He's stressing out for himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

How did she know to upload documents and what sort of documents? My son's account was frozen 6 days ago and they're saying it'll take 15 business days to review it. He was only transferring €360 odd. My heart is broken with this mess. He's abroad and needs the money on the card and I haven't got it to send to him to replace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Are Revolut getting stricter with their security? I'm trying to sent £10 to a colleague in the UK for a collection and the transaction is current with support to review, where they are asking for the recipients full name, date of birth and country of residance. Seems overkill for a £10 transfer.

I was planning on using Revolut for my primary current account when KBC leave the market, but if they're going to question every little transaction I'll have to rethink. I get it if it was a large transfer, but £10!

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

Anybody approved for a loan? Just had mine rejected. Bit of a head scratcher as to why

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭OrangeLavender

I was rejected the first time I tried but approved the second. Might not be the reason but the first time I rounded my pay down to the nearest Euro. Second time, I put it in to the literal penny. That's the only thing I can think of that was different.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,065 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Not good news about the issue i posted a few weeks ago

All i can say is, beware of scammers (fairly obvious statement but this is Ireland)

In time ill explain what happened

• Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Was that the incident where a scammer convinced you to transfer funds from AIB to Revolut?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,735 ✭✭✭hynesie08

So Revolut decided they're not responsible for the money you willingly and knowingly transferred to another account?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Unnecessarily harsh comment considering many, many people are being caught by these fraudsters every day.

Nope, you don't get to blame everybody else for your stupidity, he messed up, he's paying for it, that's how it should be.

Yeah and at the time how the hell was I to know they were scammers. First time I was caught out by that so as you can imagine it was stressful and you wouldn't be thinking right.

'Should of would of could of'

More the frustration how the events played out and how AIB payed me back the money and no warning about 'the possible chargeback process' which happened a few weeks later

• Registered Users Posts: 12,951 ✭✭✭✭flazio

And I suppose you have never f#cked up in your life? If it can happen to you it can happen to anyone.

Incidentally I got a scam text that successfully attached itself to the short code that Revolut genuinely uses for alerts, verification codes etc. If it weren't for Norton 360 blocking the link I could have been in trouble.

I absolutely have fcuked up on more occasions than I remember, I dust myself off and move on, I don't blame everybody else for not cleaning up after me.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

Did you reapply straight away or?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Embedding the scam txt into the Revolut txt message location is not peculiar to Revolut. The scammers do exactly the same with AIB, BoI etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭OrangeLavender

Not straight away. It was around three weeks between. I just said I'd give it another go. That being said - I was offered the loan but the rate was higher than I had expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭jj880

I went back and read your original posts on this. Can I ask how the scammers "talked you into it"? Phone call? Email? I'm not going to judge just curious as my parents have revolut and could easily get robbed like this if I don't keep an eye on them.

Phone call using a cloned number (called it back at it was the AIB customer service one) and the fraudster saying he's from 'AIB' and was tricked into transferring into my Revolut account from AIB and transferring it to this fraudsters Revolut account til my 'new card and Internet banking pack' would be sent out (money was just resting in this account type of thing)

No need for you or your parents too worry about there Revolut accounts as they don't target them accounts unless the scammers are made aware of them in which that was the mistake I made. Best advice is too ignore any calls or texts

Even though its not after going the way I hoped and my pocket now is after taking a massive hit (along with my sanity), its a small relief that the ordeal is near an end and I can focus on moving forward

It's not a nice feeling having the amount refunded and then it been taken away weeks later without warning. I know its was all my fault but I do have a right to feel pissed off by the whole timing of the process (sorry a certain poster is really after getting to me)

Post edited by PTH2009 on

It seems there's always a few d!ckheads in every busy thread on here these days. Its not easy but mods or other sound boards members usually sort them out if you ignore them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Why did Revolut say they cant do a chargeback if a bank like AIB can? I'd my house account card cloned somewhere in Liffey Valley a couple of weeks ago and BOI were quick to react and charge back the money taken, I wonder would Revolut do the same? I'm thinking not now, I'm losing more confidence in them day by day reading this thread

Something about 'it still be a valid transaction'

Revolut saying AIB contacted them wanting the funds back. My Revolut account is minus the amount that the fraudsters took. I'm a little confused about what will happen when AIB take my money in the next few weeks

Once I reported it to AIB they refunded me the money but as said in the last few weeks the chargeback process had been ongoing

Revolut won't accept that it's a fraud case even though it was confirmed 100% to be. The gardai not the best to be dealing with it and almost brushed me off when I asked about getting a copy of the statement I gave a few weeks back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭apache

Went to do my shopping a few days ago with Revolut. Checkout girl couldn't get security cover off a box of vitamins. Got a refund for €9. Tapped my card. Nothing went through. Said it to the girl. She says it won't show up until a few days later. It never showed up. Tesco done me out of €9.

When you get a refund (never had one) does it show up there and then or do you have to wait a few days?

Not sure about Tesco but I've had refunds from Amazon and AliExpress and they did take a few days to come through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Could take up to a week for it show back in your account. Presumably they provided you with the purchase & refund receipts & if your account is not credited after 7 days you should query it with the store.

Advertisement