Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,169 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Chargeback accepted

Delighted but the whole episode has made me rethink my affiliation with Revolut

Maybe for the best is to only use it sparingly, use the An Post currency card for trips away instead

• Registered Users Posts: 9,741 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Alternatively,and I know this is difficult, don't transfer all your money to scammers?

It was AIBs fault a week ago, revoluts this week, even though they didn't do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,169 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

'Could of would of should of'

I got scammed and reported it to the guards and was told too go about it the way I did ok

I never had to deal with it before so I was a bit all over the place

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭horse7

Ok so as well as euros I have sterling in my revolut, this morning I set my tap limit to 150€, I traveled to the north, used my card in MC Donald's and pound shop ,total of about 40£,, no problems, so I have about 120£ sterling left on my revolt card, but in the next store tap would not work for 40£, I couldn't remember the pin and had to pay cash in euros. Revolut chat didn't understand my query, eventually I got them to send a link on the details of using tap limit, it says once you set your limit it should work until the limit is reached. That didn't happen as I got an email to say I had exceeded my tap limit. Has anyone else experienced this. The chat agents don't seem to understand English.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Did you try using it in another shop in case it was just a glitch in that shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Why didn't you check the card PIN via the cards section of Revolut.

Two things, I couldn't check anything on my phone because there was no signal in the shop, and also I had the funds in sterling in my account and had reset my tap limit to 150€ . I thought this would avoid any problems. Revolut can't explain why this happened.

Thanks for response. Can you please advise where I can find the settings to alter my tap limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭mightyreds

I cant seem to find this is 150 the max limit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

under settings for the card

open cards --> click the card you want to pick --> click settings --> click contactless limit - reset

• Advertisement

Thanks for your response. I am aware of how to reset the limit once reached. However, I took it from the first post from horse7 that he had set his tap (contactless) limit to €150 as an alternative value. Perhaps I misunderstood what he stated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

oops sorry - i don't believe it is changeable ( maybe on a paid subscription ..not seeing it on free one anyways)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Not on premium either, wonder does it count in the limit through Google pay or Apple pay, I use google pay all the time for everything, would be annoying to need the card for 151 euro item.

To answer my own question it doesn't add to the limit for Google pay tried it there now

Post edited by mightyreds on

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭askU

RE: Issue due to refund sent to old card. Refund not seen in my account.

I didn't receive a refund in August 2022 from one purchase that was returned for the following reason.

The refund was made to a old Revoult card that's been without drawn from my account app. Revoult introduce updated card.

Nothing is shown up in my account.

I've tried the online chat to resolve. Is there any phone number to ring Revoult?

(Revoult standard account)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,447 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Each physical card contactless transaction is limited to €50, and in top of that once you reach €150 you need the pin. There's no limit with Google or Apple pay, unlocking the phone or your fingerprint is the equivalent of entering your pin on the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

That €50 is country dependent too. A couple of years ago it was only €20 in France for example. Not sure now, but just check it out if you’re travelling

• Registered Users Posts: 4,576 ✭✭✭jj880

IIRC you are allowed a max of 5 consecutive taps before you have to input your pin again. This is to prevent fraud. Is that the "tap limit" in this case?

Edit: another place to look is the transaction list in your revolut app. When a transaction is refused it will appear greyed out with a line through it. There is usually a message to tell you the exact reason for the refusal.

Post edited by jj880 on

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ArdLix11

Hi, I'm one of those Ulster Bank customers who have to move bank and went with Revolut. I was on to Bord Gais yesterday to try and change my direct debit and they told me it was not possible with Revolut as they will only accept payment from Irish bank accounts. Is this legal? I doubt if they can do this. Has anyone else had similar issues? . My Iban starts with LT.

Thanks

It's not legal. It is called IBAN discrimination.

See the following link:

https://www.centralbank.ie/consumer-hub/explainers/what-is-iban-discrimination-and-what-can-i-do-about-it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

The agent was wrong, they definitely take non-Irish IBANs. I set up Bord Gais with my Revolut and had bills taken without any problems. Call them again and you probably have better luck with a different agent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,886 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I switched to BGE this week. They wouldn't take Revolut during the online switch, and the text on screen said something about only taking Irish IBANS.

I phoned them and they took the Revolut LT.... IBAN over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Web interface programmed to only take Irish IBANs and they won't pay for a few dev and testing days to fix it, but the back end, they can use chalk on slate, or something?

Yes, I reset my tap limit to the max of 150€ , but the tap failed. App said I had exceeded my limit, I had only spent about 30£ , with 100£ more left in sterling plus a good deal of euros.

Wrong, Banking Federation require paper mandates for non Irish accounts. How BG marry this up with being able to take it over the phone is unknown.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Did you spend any Euros. I would presume the limit is a total, not per currency.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,886 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I switched to Revolut with Flogas and signed up with Panda with no paper mandates, all done online or email.

Mods if you are going to remove my post about making a free 11 euro with crypto in Revolut at least have the courtesy to tell me why. Funny it then appears in the bargain alerts forum not long after. Gimps.

Just some info on this.

I booked tickets to a concert in 2019 that was postponed due to covid, and finally was taking place this summer. I could no longer go, and spoke with Ticketmaster regarding a refund.

The original tickets were paid for using a Bank card which had since expired/account closed.

Ticketmaster advised me that they would refund the original card. I explained to them the situation, and asked could they refund a new card.

I was told explicitly, that they must first try to refund the original card. That it would be rejected by my back after x number of days, and then finance from Ticketmaster would get in touch with me, looking for new account details so that they could refund me.

This is exactly what happened, and I imagine the same thing will happen to you. Whoever you are claiming the refund from, must first of all, attempt to refund the card that was used for the original purchase. They will reach out to you after a while to organise another method of refund

I dont believe that there is anything Revolut can do for you at the moment

Usually you would get a message / warning saying why it was removed or moved. To just remove it and say nothing. Is that the way boards works now? Wasn't aware of that.

"Moderators don't read each mods"

I'm not following this. Is this a typo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭beachhead

I have had posts removed without warning or explanation.Have also had a totally nonsensible pm from one mod with a personal grievance-not against me but obviously suffering under some illusion.

Advertisement