Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

News for people with Business Accounts wanting to accept credit cards directly online or in store without going through Revolut Pay.

Revolut is further expanding its service offerings in the UK and Ireland by now offering Business Customers the ability to process credit/debit card transaction via a local card reader: Revolut Reader | Revolut

Cost is 0.8% + €0.02 for European Consumer cards and 2.6% + €0.02 for everything else.

This service is in addition to their service offerings of accepting cards online for which they charge 1% + €0.20 for European consumer cards and 2.8% + €0.20. The existing Revolut Pay offering continues to exist with 1% + €0.20 fee.

Relevant News items:

Revolut launches online checkout feature with one-click payment - Revolut Pay | Revolut IE

Revolut Business launches Revolut Reader, its first hardware device, moving into in-person payment solutions | Revolut IE

• Registered Users Posts: 1 craig.s

hi guys,

recently got a new phone and for some reason I can't add money to my revolut app from a my bank of Ireland account, even after I confirm the transfer from the BOI app it them fails on revolut any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,973 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So Revolut now say 'the chargeback was accepted' and my Revolut balance has still not gone down even after AIB debiting the money to pay the merchant a week ago

Head is melted and really getting pissed off at this. I rang AIB card services yesterday and they siad 'oh we'll email the relevant team and we'll ring ya back'

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Why not?

Personally, I do and have no issues, customer service isn’t always good but Irish banks have been shite in that respect for years.

Their tech blows Irish banks out of the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Totally disagree with this. I've been using Revolut as my main bank for 5 months now and I must say it's been brilliant. I have numerous direct debits set-up which go out no problem. I manual transfer to an AIB account for mortgage & also to credit union for savings and it can reach the accounts on he same day. I got a loan of 2,000 and it was the easiest process ever. Vey pleased so far

• Advertisement

A welcome and positive update regarding the case but still not out of the boat just yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

I need to move 3k to my Rev account. Tried Adding it from Revolut App via Google Pay, it failed. Tried using easy bank transfer (ptsb a/c) and it was declined.

Is it "safe" to set my Revolut account up in ptsb online as a 3rd Party and transfer from ptsb to my Revolut LT account?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭murphyme2010

I have done that and it's how I transfer money to Revolut. I've had no issues and still have all my money 😀

Michael.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

I have to 2nd this, I’ve also been using Revolut now for the last 4 months as my main bank. Numerous direct debits and recurring payments setup. I haven’t had an issue at all.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I went from KBC to PTSB for my main account. I did consider using only Revolut, but wasn't confident.

I had a car loan out with KBC. Had about 5k left on it. I compared rates, and Revolut was the lowest by far at 5.9%. Applied and had money on my account in about 30 minutes. Amazing!

Thinking of closing PTSB one now.

• Advertisement

Revolut told Lithuanian authorities that it was hacked after a third-party gained access to one of its databases "through the use of social engineering methods"

https://vdai.lrv.lt/lt/naujienos/2021-m-asmens-duomenu-apsaugos-prieziuros-lietuvoje-apzvalga-parengta-pagal-valstybines-duomenu-apsaugos-inspekcijos-ir-zurnalistu-etikos-inspektoriaus-tarnybos-informacija

• Registered Users Posts: 28,586 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

So Revolut accepted the chargeback and thankfully AIB have recredied my account and the dispute is gone into a 'fraud phase'

Delighted but as i siad not out of the woods yet and my next issue is trying to fix my negative Revolut balance (which is -€1000s)

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Hi all.I made payment with Curve and I used Revolut instead my regular credit card.

Payment was 425 wich was taken from Revolut via Curve route however another 425 is pending in Revolut from Curve as well with my balance reduced by that amount.

I tried contact both and Curve saying only one payment was done and Revolut saying Curve put hold on funds .Its very confusing as I already received what I paid for.Not sute what to do next.That payment on hold its since I paid for my items on 15/09.

Never had that problem before using Rev card

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

I'm trying to add a payee Revolut IBAN to my AIB online banking.

IBAN: LT with 18 digits

BIC: REVOLT21

What do I type in the new payee IBAN box?

Thanks

Battle ended today with the great words of 'Chargeback Reversal' seen on my account history

Glad I didn't give up the fight and kept at it

Definitely learnt the lesson the hard way but I'll learn from it

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭lordsheepface

You cant add revolut as a payee to aib. You need to add them as international once off payment or setup a standing order.

You sometimes have the option to reuse a payee after you send international payment but i find the option isnt always there.

You have the option to amend the amt of your standing order each month before it goes out

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Just use Apple/Google Pay to transfer from AIB to Revolut. I don't understand the benefits of funding Revolut any other way provided you own the account.

Looks like the criminals got substantial information about customers during the "hack":

Names, addresses, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, part of the payment card data and account details were ripped from its servers.

Revolut states that all card data was hashed and that no PINs or passwords were accessed but giving how seemingly easy it was for the criminals to social engineer their way into significant access one cannot really trust such information, now can one?

It took their security from early Sunday to Monday morning 0200 AM to find out that something was not right (Seriously?) and about 50,150 customers worldwide are affected with 20,687 of them in European Economic Area.

So anybody with an account for now be especially vigilant for any suspicious activity, including suspicious emails, phone calls or messages.

• Advertisement

The payee is my sisters. She closed her Ulster Bank and then set up Revolut.

Can a Revolut IBAN be LT followed with 16 digits? No other letters involved.

Yes

Thanks.

Still having teething problems to transfer money.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

How are people finding the loan system for Revolut?

I haven't used my account much recently but have been trying to decide whether to go for a loan with Revolut or with my credit union. I've never had any problems with the credit union and they're a safe bet, but I see Revolut is quite a bit cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,721 ✭✭✭hynesie08

i got one in april, easy to follow instructions. clear repayment plan and no issue paying extra/paying it all. only took about an hour to get the funds as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Sounds ideal then. Did you need a certain amount in your account beforehand?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,721 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I had money in the revolut and my ulster bank account that's linked, but I don't know if there's a set minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

I can't access any of their credit options, pay later or loans, loan application always gives an error and no option to toggle pay later in cards. I've everything updated 🤷‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭gipi

Anyone having issues with revolut cards losing the "tap" facility?

Buddy of mine had a revolut card for about 9 months. In June, he found it wouldn't tap. Checked all the settings in the app, all were correct.

Contacted revolut who agreed to replace the card.

About 2 weeks ago, the new card is no longer tapping. As before, all the app settings are ok. The card is kept in a wallet along with another bank card which works perfectly. Not kept with phone or near a magnetic source, etc.

Anyone have this issue recently?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Gooser14

I've had the same problem with my BoI Visa card. Changed the card several times but it only worked for a short time. I gave up in the end & added the card to Google Pay.

Advertisement