Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭celticsfan

Folks,anyone had any issues topping up with visa debit today?? trying to add funds but won't go through,my usual card I use to top up with expires today so I added the one posted out to me...trying gauge if it's a service issue with revolut or my new bank card is acting up... cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Hi guys, not sure if there's a separate thread for Revolut benefits and if there is please point me in that direction but I couldn't find it.

I'm traveling to the States next week and was going to avail of the airport lounge.
    Just wondering if anyone has booked one through revolut and do they offer all lounges in Dublin airport.

Are the lounges before pre clearance or afterwards and basically are they worth the €28?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

The 51st and green lounge is not available on MasterCard and the standard airport lounges are only €25 if bought directly from the daa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

The 51st and Green is the only one worth doing if going stateside as its after pre clearance, last thing you wanna do is have to leave a lounge to stand in a pre clearance queue that can be quite long sometimes and then have no lounge the other side

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Hi

Does anyone know how long a bank transfer takes ?. I've never used it before, always debit card. I'll be transferring from Permanent TSB so not sure because Revolut has a uk IBAN and also will i get charged extra ?

• Advertisement

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Hi

Does anyone know how long a bank transfer takes ?. I've never used it before, always debit card. I'll be transferring from Permanent TSB so not sure because Revolut has a uk IBAN and also will i get charged extra ?

In my experience the transfer usual y goes through within a few hours and there are no charges (with KBC though not PTSB).. Best to double check if they charge for it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Hi

I can confirm that no charges either way between PTSB and Revolut and vice versa. Long term user of both cards.

Thanks for the help, appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

celticsfan wrote: »
    Folks,anyone had any issues topping up with visa debit today?? trying to add funds but won't go through,my usual card I use to top up with expires today so I added the one posted out to me...trying gauge if it's a service issue with revolut or my new bank card is acting up... cheers!

Have you activated your new debit card in a cash point machine yet? It may not work until that's done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

I'm having problems topping up from debit card also. It's normally instant but not it is a few mins before a message saying reverted. Anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Had issues last night topping up with debit card too.
    With PTSB.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭celticsfan

Have you activated your new debit card in a cash point machine yet? It may not work until that's done

Yup indeed I done that!!

F1ngers wrote: »
    Had issues last night topping up with debit card too.
    With PTSB.

Cheers,I am with BOI and use a visa debit myself!! Revolut tried to tell me it was because 3D secure is not enabled on the card or something... Just a bit paranoid as to whether there was an issue with my card or what...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Used PTSB debit card to top up and send money to another Revolut card this morning, no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭ciano1

I'm having problems topping up from debit card also. It's normally instant but not it is a few mins before a message saying reverted. Anyone else?

Having the exact same issue with PTSB since last night.

Bank transfer went through and no charges. Took about 7 hours but i'm happy enough with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭cuculainn

Apologies if this has been discussed, but I couldn't find an answer.

I am unable to top up revolut card by my debit or credit card.
    I did a bank transfer and it has been pending for over a week now.
    I did a transfer to N26 at the same time and was throughin a day or two.

What is the problem with revolut? I have used it for years with no issues. This only started in the last month or two.
    Their help are completely useless.

If I didn't have the bank transfer pending I would get rid of it at this stage

Any help appreciated

cuculainn wrote: »

What is the problem with revolut? I have used it for years with no issues. This only started in the last month or two.

Any help appreciated

Have you spoke to Revolut about this?

cuculainn wrote: »

Any help appreciated

What is the reason you can’t top up with debit or credit card?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

They seem to have issues this weekend and are advising customers to carry either cash or an alternative card this weekend according to this article:
    https://extra.ie/2020/01/31/news/world-news/revolut-warn-customers-experiencing-issues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

They seem to have issues this weekend and are advising customers to carry either cash or an alternative card this weekend according to this article:
    https://extra.ie/2020/01/31/news/world-news/revolut-warn-customers-experiencing-issues

All systems operational according to their status centre:

https://www.revolut.com/system-status

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭cuculainn

What is the reason you can’t top up with debit or credit card?

When you select the amount and hit top upon the app nothing happens. Tried two different cards..........

The issue is not just this weekend for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 nighthouse45

Not sure if anyone is aware of this, but a growing number of users are locked out of their accounts, some for months on end with thousands in the account. I'm currently locked out with (thankfully not more) about €150 stuck inside. Their support agents are useless, if they ever actually reply.

They've been blocking people on Twitter and there was an article in the Telegraph about it this week, which they tried to get taken down. I wasn't aware of the card or transfer issues on this thread (especially given that I haven't been able to access my account for two weeks), but it makes me think that they have liquidity issues at the minute. Run!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,169 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

....but it makes me think that they have liquidity issues at the minute. Run!

As it has been discussed on the original thread multiple times the customer funds are in ring fenced accounts that can not be used for operational spending.

And if Revolut goes bust it will be harder to get your money back than with a bank but unless there has been fraud no customer should be out of money. How long it will take to get the money back is a different story.

Not sure if anyone is aware of this, but a growing number of users are locked out of their accounts, some for months on end with thousands in the account. I'm currently locked out with (thankfully not more) about €150 stuck inside. Their support agents are useless, if they ever actually reply.
    !

I got locked out when I tried to withdraw my funds recently as I have stopped using Revolut.

Within minutes of uploading the required documents my account was free again and I could request the transfer again.

If you don’t get a resolution after you provided them with the documents they want why are you not making a formal complaint and if that does not go anywhere complain to the regulator? That is what the regulator is there for.

Easy to do:
    https://www.revolut.com/en-IE/legal/complaints-policy

• Registered Users Posts: 8 nighthouse45

I'm not overtly desperate to go through the process of writing a formal complaint just yet. And why should I have to? The fact that I and others, yourself included, are unable to access our own money while Revolut drown themselves in bank statements is a complete joke.

Also, I think it's important to make people aware that ANY account could be locked at any point indefinitely with no access to funds.

Moreover, it's also informative for others to see that if that does indeed happen to you, you'll find that there are still people who'll attempt to make excuses for a company with £58m in revenue, blocking pensioners from accessing their own pension.

They might even in fact, attempt to make it out as if it was somehow your fault in the first place, as if this is totally standard way for a financial institution to act. Incredible!

It should only ever be used for a quick top up before you spend. Getting wages and all put onto it was always madness.

I’ve had no issues at all ever really (that weren’t my own fault) or lately. I also have only had to contact support twice and found them very quick, I was only minutes waiting for a live agent and they kept me updated as they looked into the stuff I asked even though it took a few hours to solve. I’m not premium either but I’ve put a fair chunk of money through Revolut since I’ve joined so not sure if that makes a difference.
    It should only ever be used for a quick top up before you spend. Getting wages and all put onto it was always madness.

Not practical to be topping up all the time if you use it as your main account for spending which I do. I don’t get paid into but I’d always transfer in a few hundred at a time to last me a few days and I’ve a few vaults so would usually have 1k plus on it and I’m not in the least bit concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

They might even in fact, attempt to make it out as if it was somehow your fault in the first place, as if this is totally standard way for a financial institution to act. Incredible!
    I didn’t see anyone here do it. The only person who replied to you has said he’s closed his account (and given reasons for it earlier in the thread)

All he did was point out the procedures for people to try and get their money back if it happened to them

I'm not overtly desperate to go through the process of writing a formal complaint just yet. And why should I have to? The fact that I and others, yourself included, are unable to access our own money while Revolut drown themselves in bank statements is a complete joke.

Also, I think it's important to make people aware that ANY account could be locked at any point indefinitely with no access to funds.

Moreover, it's also informative for others to see that if that does indeed happen to you, you'll find that there are still people who'll attempt to make excuses for a company with £58m in revenue, blocking pensioners from accessing their own pension.

Nobody does force you to use an electronic money issuer for your banking.

As it has been said multiple times in this thread they are not a bank and hence certain standards do not apply.

In fact they could tomorrow just close shop and than stop issuing electronic money to you or decide that your electronic money is now only worth 10%. Perfectly legal and when you use them it’s a risk you have to accept.

In addition again as it has been said in this thread multiple times one way they earn their money with your data unless you have opted out of data analytics.

But even as electronic money issuer they have to comply with ever more anti money laundering rules and the lax approach they had in the past caused them multiple issue and even a possible license in Luxembourg.

Anybody that has their account frozen has different reasons from valid concerns to the AI overreacting (like for me) but there is a clear way to redress this they can take.

And in the time it took you to write your post you could have filled out the complaint form and have them give you a reason for their action.

Revolut has advantages and disadvantages and if you use them you need to research and than make a judgement call if the savings and functions are worth it or not.

I moved on as my bank now has most of the same advantages as Revolut and the savings on the exchange rate are minimal compared to the risk for my spending pattern.

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    Out of interest, which bank? Do any Irish banks not charge foreign transaction fees / use a decent FX rate?

I moved to DKB in Germany and they use visa rates with no markup with Apple and Google Pay, card blocking and other features.

Used to bank with bunq but the fee is just to high for my taste. But it’s a good alternative as it’s a full bank account.

Advertisement