Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Topping up using a debit or credit card from within the Revolut app is easier... but Revolut apply a small charge for that (€0.63 I think it was last time I tried). However, it seems that topping up using Google Pay (in the Revolut app) using an underlying credit/debit card doesn't generate a fee.

I always top up using my BOI debit card from within the Revolut app - I've never noticed any fee for this? I'm interested to know more about your experience. I genuinely thought there was no fee involved.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

RoYoBo wrote: »
    I always top up using my BOI debit card from within the Revolut app - I've never noticed any fee for this? I'm interested to know more about your experience. I genuinely thought there was no fee involved.

Fees only apply to business and non-EEA debit/credit cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

More problems. Gave my brother my card and he took money. Was taken from account but no money came out from machine. There is a notice on the app saying that they are having issues.

This is shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭WildIreland

RoYoBo wrote: »

I must be getting mixed up with another service. I could have sworn earlier in the week when I was switching between different top-up sources in the Revolut app it was showing a small charge under the top up amount for credit and debit cards (€0.63 I think it was), which disappeared when I chose Google Pay as a top-up source.

Just checked it again today and it's not showing any fee/charge. Applied a €10 top up from AIB Visa Debit and €10 added to the account.

Apologies for any confusion.

Quackster wrote: »
    Fees only apply to business and non-EEA debit/credit cards.

Must have been a quirk with the app misidentifying my AIB cards as business or non-EEA cards... the fee isn't appearing now.

• Advertisement

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    More problems. Gave my brother my card and he took money. Was taken from account but no money came out from machine. There is a notice on the app saying that they are having issues.

This is shocking.

If your brother used the card in an ATM, and the transaction went through but no money came out of the ATM, then surely that's an issue with the physical ATM and is down to the owner/bank in question, not Revolut?

Did the ATM give an error message, or did everything work "As Normal" apart from the lack of cash?

This is shocking.

I’ve had this happen more than once with BOI so I wouldn’t getting too annoyed with Revolut. Especially as it is most likely an atm issue nothing to do wigh revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

It's a Revolut issue I think. Warnings in App.

I tried to take out cash at lunchtime - failed at ATM and no cash given, said "issuer declined" or something like that. Came off my balance in app.

Has happened before, will be corrected later today I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

This is shocking.

yup soo shocking that their systems are down to process payments :rolleyes:

Its not like this doesnt happen to your standard bank :pac:

wait until the issue is resolved and wait a few days for the funds to come back...

skinny90 wrote: »
    yup soo shocking that their systems are down to process payments :rolleyes:

Its not like this doesnt happen to your standard bank :pac:

wait until the issue is resolved and wait a few days for the funds to come back...

It's never happened with any other bank and first time with this. It left my brother stuck for money.
    What would he do with no other cash alternative, just wait so they can earn interest on the money ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

It's never happened with any other bank and first time with this. It left my brother stuck for money.
    What would he do with no other cash alternative, just wait so they can earn interest on the money ?

Where will they earn interest on the money?

Where will they earn interest on the money?

Well where is the money sitting because it is not in my account ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Well where is the money sitting because it is not in my account ?

I asked you where would they earn interest. You said they were earning interest on your money. Banks charge other banks to hold money. So where would Revolut earn interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭wandererz

Best to just cancel your account.
    It's obviously not worth having. Blame the person who referred you for the free card.

Cancel it today. Why waste your time with it when you can use your AIB/BoI etc card.

KBC has great offers i hear.

I asked you where would they earn interest. You said they were earning interest on your money. Banks charge other banks to hold money. So where would Revolut earn interest?

Well someone obviously is and no response from revolut either.
    wandererz wrote: »
    Best to just cancel your account.
    It's obviously not worth having. Blame the person who referred you for the free card.

Cancel it today. Why waste your time with it when you can use your AIB/BoI etc card.

KBC has great offers i hear.

I paid for my card. I have used it all over europe, the middle east and south east asia with no problems. I got it for the exchange rates and peace of mind having that and my debit card.

Use it in Ireland and get a problem. I tried it there for a small online purchase and it worked.

I don;t use it for day to banking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

IT issues in Ireland have cause banks to go down plenty of times in the past and have had considerable impact to those stuck...
    As for earning interest lol

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

skinny90 wrote: »
    IT issues in Ireland have cause banks to go down plenty of times in the past and have had considerable impact to those stuck...
    As for earning interest lol

The Ulster Bank issues from a good few years back for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

maximoose wrote: »
    Has happened before, will be corrected later today I'm sure.

Just to update - cash was back in my Revolut balance by Saturday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭wandererz

maximoose wrote: »
    Just to update - cash was back in my Revolut balance by Saturday morning

But not the earned interest, right?
    They've stuffed you over on that!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

My mate has to move London. He has an Irish Revolut account. He started working for a company who only pay cash,its not ideal and is looking for something else. He is trying to put his salary into his account until he sets up a bank account. Any ideas on how to go about this. Can he buy a gift card and top up his revolut account via the card? He needs to pay some bills back here in Ireland but only has sterling cash. I am not talking about huge amounts,just a few hundred.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

paska wrote: »
    My mate has to move London. He has an Irish Revolut account. He started working for a company who only pay cash,its not ideal and is looking for something else. He is trying to put his salary into his account until he sets up a bank account. Any ideas on how to go about this. Can he buy a gift card and top up his revolut account via the card? He needs to pay some bills back here in Ireland but only has sterling cash. I am not talking about huge amounts,just a few hundred.

I wouldn't do that. Any company paying wages only in cash in this day and age is suspect. If they asked for proof of funds, what could he supply?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭BowWow

As his Revolut card has an IBAN, could he not go into a real bank and lodge to that IBAN using a credit transfer slip?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

BowWow wrote: »
    As his Revolut card has an IBAN, could he not go into a real bank and lodge to that IBAN using a credit transfer slip?

So go to any bank and ask them can he lodge money to revolut via iban? Even if he doesn't have an account with that bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭BowWow

So go to any bank and ask them can he lodge money to revolut via iban? Even if he doesn't have an account with that bank?

Try, nothing to lose.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

You still wouldn't have proof of funds. No paper trail. Money could have come from drug dealing or other criminal activity. Any bank would find it hard to believe a legitimate company insisted on paying employees cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

My Revolut got hit for fraud, luckily I had a balance of €1 at the time and there was an attempt to steal €50 for an online poker site called Stars in Douglas, Isle of Man, due to the low balance it bounced.

The bad thing was as this was a declined payment I got no notification and the fraud attempt was made a week ago and I only spotted it today, since I rarely use Revolut only for travel abroad or sterling transactions like Amazon etc.

Revolut cancelled my card and issued me with a new virtual card and are posting me out a new physical card (same CC number as Virtual) also. I had to top up by €20 to pay the initial €6.99 shipping fee which was then credited back after.

How long does Revolut take to send out the card? The app is saying it will ship tomorrow and I can expect it by February 29th, hopefully it arrives sooner as I will travel on March 1st. Also does Revolut deliver by standard post or courier? I remember when I got my Revolut first back in 2017 or 2018 it was standard post as far as I remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

theguzman wrote: »
    My Revolut got hit for fraud, luckily I had a balance of €1 at the time and there was an attempt to steal €50 for an online poker site called Stars in Douglas, Isle of Man, due to the low balance it bounced.

The bad thing was as this was a declined payment I got no notification and the fraud attempt was made a week ago and I only spotted it today, since I rarely use Revolut only for travel abroad or sterling transactions like Amazon etc.

Revolut cancelled my card and issued me with a new virtual card and are posting me out a new physical card (same CC number as Virtual) also. I had to top up by €20 to pay the initial €6.99 shipping fee which was then credited back after.

How long does Revolut take to send out the card? The app is saying it will ship tomorrow and I can expect it by February 29th, hopefully it arrives sooner as I will travel on March 1st. Also does Revolut deliver by standard post or courier? I remember when I got my Revolut first back in 2017 or 2018 it was standard post as far as I remember.

I only recently started using revolut...my expected time was approx 10 working days..I got the card in 5 (this was January) so you should be ok to expect the same I'd guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Is anyone having a random issue with the app kind of resetting itself? I often end up checking it multiple times a day, but over the past few days three times (each on a different day) when I've gone to sign in I'm prompted to give my phone number and passcode instead of just my fingerprint, as if I was signing in for the first time.

I didn't think to much of it except when this happens, my dashboard also gets resets to default and all of the options I had hidden show up again, which again is like I'm signing in on a new device or something. It's not a huge inconvenience or anything but I don't know if it's the app or the phone causing the issue. Said I'd check if it's happening to anyone else before I asked support.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Is anyone having a random issue with the app kind of resetting itself? I often end up checking it multiple times a day, but over the past few days three times (each on a different day) when I've gone to sign in I'm prompted to give my phone number and passcode instead of just my fingerprint, as if I was signing in for the first time.

I didn't think to much of it except when this happens, my dashboard also gets resets to default and all of the options I had hidden show up again, which again is like I'm signing in on a new device or something. It's not a huge inconvenience or anything but I don't know if it's the app or the phone causing the issue. Said I'd check if it's happening to anyone else before I asked support.

Check you're on latest rev.
    Uninstall/reinstall before trying support.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

F1ngers wrote:
    Check you're on latest rev. Uninstall/reinstall before trying support.

Cheers I've done that, hopefully it won't reoccur :)

Advertisement