Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Turn off the location security, and atm withdrawals too and contactless payments also in case he loses it

I think you mean turn off location and if he loses it turn of atm contactless.

Otherwise how will the lad use the card or get money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Jeff2 wrote: »
    I think you mean turn off location and if he loses it turn of atm contactless.

Otherwise how will the lad use the card or get money.

no i mean turn them off, you can use the card in POS terminals to purchase things, if he needs cash he can ask for the ATM to be turned back on

some european ATMs (Euronet and that) charge a €3 - €4 fee to withdraw from revolut cards,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

no i mean turn them off, you can use the card in POS terminals to purchase things, if he needs cash he can ask for the ATM to be turned back on

some european ATMs (Euronet and that) charge a €3 - €4 fee to withdraw from revolut cards,
    You mean they charge to use any ATM cards, but that is only the private ATMs. Not all euronets

You mean they charge to use any ATM cards, but that is only the private ATMs. Not all euronets

i said some ATMs not all and used Euronet as an example,

Anyone chanced topping up with their KBC credit card in the last few days?

My last credit card top up would appear to have been after Revolut changed their system and it went through as normal not as a cash advance so wondering if it’s still the case? I’ll chance a small top up myself later in the month if no one else has.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 221 ✭✭SAM SO NITE

Have had lodgements to Ladbrokes declined by Revolut .

Been using it without a problem for over a year. Any reason for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Lads I want to buy car in uk next week so want to be able to access €20000 or so ... I’m thinking that I could try Revolut for This but is there any limits on transfers ? I heard that there definitely isn’t on the premium account but according to Revolut app I would need to sign up to that for 12 months so 8*12= 96 euro.... that’s fairly expensive .... any advice on my best option?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭jimmy86

LillySV wrote: »
    Lads I want to buy car in uk next week so want to be able to access €20000 or so ... I’m thinking that I could try Revolut for This but is there any limits on transfers ? I heard that there definitely isn’t on the premium account but according to Revolut app I would need to sign up to that for 12 months so 8*12= 96 euro.... that’s fairly expensive .... any advice on my best option?

Thanks in advance

FYI

If you are on the Monthly plan, you have the option for early termination any time within the first 10 months for a break fee of €16 on Revolut Premium or €28 on Revolut Metal. If you cancel in Month 11, as you are inside the 1-month notice period you will receive your subscription for the remainder of your 12-month Monthly plan. Your subscription will not be auto-renewed for the next year

Also:

If you downgrade your subscription within 14 days of upgrading:

If you have used any service exclusive to Premium or Metal, or Standard services at a level above that is provided free of charge to Standard users, we will issue you a partial refund based on your usage of these services.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

Thanks in advance
    For such a large amount there's a good chance that they will block it until you can verify your source of funds (if you haven't done it already). I had to go through the verification last year, and it took over a week for them to process it.

carrotcake wrote: »
    For such a large amount there's a good chance that they will block it until you can verify your source of funds (if you haven't done it already). I had to go through the verification last year, and it took over a week for them to process it.

How do I verify it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Just a comment (and not trying to infer anything here either)...

Some amount of lads looking to spend 20k on cars in England in this thread!

Dodge wrote: »

almost as if the same question is asked every few days instead of reading the thread or searching for it

madness

Dodge wrote: »

Haha I’ll probably come back with all of it

almost as if the same question is asked every few days instead of reading the thread or searching for it

madness

Sorry Johnny sausage :)

I’ve a lot of homework to do and just briefly seen this thread so rather than scouring it I asked it directly

madness

The search function is, and always has been, as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike and people haven’t time to plough through page after page looking for something.

Plus, it’s as quick to just answer the question as it is to make a smart reply complaining about why the question was asked.

The search function is, and always has been, as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike and people haven’t time to plough through page after page looking for something.

Plus, it’s as quick to just answer the question as it is to make a smart reply complaining about why the question was asked.

I wasnt complaining i was obsserving in response to another posters observation
    '
    search function works perfectly fine for me :)

dont be so cranky Reg x

I wasnt complaining i was obsserving in response to another posters observation
    '
    search function works perfectly fine for me :)

dont be so cranky Reg x

I thought you were being cranky :D apologies.

If you’ve mastered how to work search on here then you should be selling that knowledge. I’ve never found it anything other than a mess.

How do I verify it ?
    They ask for three months of pay slips and bank statements that show the money being credited to your account.

I thought you were being cranky :D apologies.

If you’ve mastered how to work search on here then you should be selling that knowledge. I’ve never found it anything other than a mess.

send us the seed money on revolut and ill start us a business haha

carrotcake wrote: »
    They ask for three months of pay slips and bank statements that show the money being credited to your account.

You don’t happen to know what figure I could transfer without having to do that ?

• Advertisement

You don’t happen to know what figure I could transfer without having to do that ?
    I don't think they have a hard limit that they apply to everyone. It happened to me when I wanted to transfer €1000 to my own bank account, and I had made similar transfers plenty of times before.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Anyone on IOS find the app quite slow since the last few updates?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭wandererz

Anyone been invited to the Revolut event in Dublin next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Delta2113

wandererz wrote: »

- No.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Quintis wrote: »
    Anyone on IOS find the app quite slow since the last few updates?

Grand for me on iPhone X anyway
    wandererz wrote: »

Nope...did you?

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

I'm new to Revolute. Trying to put some money on my new card. However, when I enter the IBAN number which starts with GB I get an error message. Anybody got any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭WildIreland

I'm new to Revolute. Trying to put some money on my new card. However, when I enter the IBAN number which starts with GB I get an error message. Anybody got any advice?

If you're transferring from an Irish bank (AIB anyway -- presumably same for others) you need to do it as an International Transfer because of the GB IBAN. It's a SEPA transfer, so no fees and goes through within a day, but it means you can't set up your Revolut account as a regular Payee for quick transfers. With AIB at least you have to go through International Transfer, put in all the details and use a card reader every time.

A real pain.

Topping up using a debit or credit card from within the Revolut app is easier... but Revolut apply a small charge for that (€0.63 I think it was last time I tried). However, it seems that topping up using Google Pay (in the Revolut app) using an underlying credit/debit card doesn't generate a fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

I think you need to select the country as uk rather than Ireland even though you are here.

On another note the time frames for bank transfers are varying much.
    Usually about 7 hours but already waiting 12 hours now.

EDIT- Spoke too soon. It's just in lol.

Got my credit card statement today, my KBC credit card top up on 28 Jan was treated as an online transaction and not a cash advance as happened to many here topping up with a credit card. Only thing is I’m not sure when this change by Revolut actually happened so did it happen before the 28th and so are KBC credit cards still good for free top ups it was it after the 28th Revolut made the change?

Topped up Revolut from the app using a few combinations over the last week all ultimately charged to my AIB VISA credit card:

Top up via AIB Credit Card directly
    Top up via Curve card linked to underlying AIB Credit Card
    Top up via Google Pay linked to underlying AIB Credit Card

Checking online and on my Feb credit card statement and it seems these topups are all still being treated as purchases, with no cash advance fees evident.

• Advertisement

Anyone had experience verifying source of funding with Revolut? I'm expecting a payment in GBP, and thinking of providing my UK revolut account details rather than my Irish AIB account.

It's a relatively new Revolut account, and it's a larger than average transfer, so if it is flagged for review by Revolut what information are they likely to need, and how straightforward is the process?

I also have a Transferwise Borderless Account -- so that's another posisbility, but suspect they have a similar vetting process, and I think Revolut might be the better option, as long as the verification process isn't a long, drawn out process.

Would love some feedback from anyone who's been through the process.

Advertisement