Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2020 - General Discussion Thread (See MOD warning on first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

New McLaren

502696.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Plenty of silliness online about the cars looking the "same" as last year...but obviously they do, it's the last season of the current regulations, every chassis is going to be an evolution of last year's; It might turn out to be a 1988-like season, where one team who went and developed a new car will gain the advantage. Hopefully it's not Mercedes, but...well, it's probably gonna be Mercedes, we all know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭tigerboon

tigerboon wrote: »
    He was testing the BMW M4 in DTM during the week so a switch to that looks likely.

Kubica confirmed for DTM with BMW according to DTM website.

tigerboon wrote: »
    Kubica confirmed for DTM with BMW according to DTM website.

That's quite funny - he's with Alfa Romeo AND BMW at the same time; Even 'though it's a private team running BMWs and it's different series.

It's a bit like a footballer playing for Barcelona while being a reserve in Liverpool :D

Good for him, 'though!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,627 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

recyclebin wrote: »
    Looks like the Chinese Grand Prix is cancelled this year. I think other sporting events outside China could be in trouble too if coronas spreads quickly.

Yeah depending how the virus spreads this F1 season could be like an old F1 season with not many races in Asia. I genuinely hope that isn't the case but yeah China is "postponed" which is hardly surprising really.

• Advertisement

Was thinking the same - China is a GIGANTIC place, if there's an assumption the virus could be anywhere in China, it could be anywhere in the neighbouring countries as well - Vietnam first and foremost for proximity of dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,724 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

McLaren MCL35:
    media-00k6ksif7852ay3folbrbx?client_id=5c5c2f5c78fc583665a5135c

McLaren-MCL35-F1-Auto-2020-169FullWidth-597846f1-1669838.jpg
    I really like the livery on the new McLaren.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    McLaren-MCL35-F1-Auto-2020-169FullWidth-597846f1-1669838.jpg
    I really like the livery on the new McLaren.

The shades of blue are class. Who would have thought orange and blue are good together? Big fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,302 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Sidepod inlets are so small on the McLaren

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

:) Just heard on them referring to Ferrari's Ross Brawn on Radio 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,341 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

The orange & blue on that McLaren looks like a work of art. It's a form of artistic genius.

The orange & blue on that McLaren looks like a work of art. It's a form of artistic genius.

It actually looks really well. I mean they've had blue with the orange for the last few years but never along the sides like this but it really does work.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It actually looks really well. I mean they've had blue with the orange for the last few years but never along the sides like this but it really does work.
    That's matte paint finish for you.
    And on another note, the team have a sponsor called Splunk, which for some reason reminds me of Sprunk. Sprunk is a soft drink in the Grand Theft Auto games.

That's matte paint finish for you.
    And on another note, the team have a sponsor called Splunk, which for some reason reminds me of Sprunk. Sprunk is a soft drink in the Grand Theft Auto games.

Well it looks great and thankfully the team seem to be in a good state again and aren't like the poor misfortune children that are Williams.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Fingers crossed Williams have a breakthrough this year. Not holding my breath - I think they'll have to wait until 2021.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,257 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

That McLaren is gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

The McLaren is the best looking car so far, fingers crossed it drives as well as it looks.

Meanwhile, Mercedes have named Stoffel Vandoorne as Reserve Driver
    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/vandoorne-mercedes-reserve-driver-gutierrez/4685318/

skipper_G wrote: »
    The McLaren is the best looking car so far, fingers crossed it drives as well as it looks.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/vandoorne-mercedes-reserve-driver-gutierrez/4685318/

No suprise. When he has FE commitments Gutierrez can fill in.

Wonder will Mazepin get the rookie days again?

skipper_G wrote: »

Well provided there has been no serious setbacks on the improvements they thankfully made the past couple of years they should be right up there.

• Advertisement

astrofluff wrote: »
    Fingers crossed Williams have a breakthrough this year. Not holding my breath - I think they'll have to wait until 2021.

Yes I might be a case of Williams just getting through this season and hope that the changes for 2021 let them put behind them a few years which have been very poor and they can do a McLaren.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Yes I might be a case of Williams just getting through this season and hope that the changes for 2021 let them put behind them a few years which have been very poor and they can do a McLaren.

One big difference is mclaren had plenty of money. Williams is starting from the back and it's on its arse financially.

New Alfa Romeo:
    Alfa-Romeo-C39-Shakedown-Fiorano-2020-169FullWidth-8a548d42-1670082.jpg

OSI wrote: »
    Thanks, I hate it.
    Only a testing livery thankfully.

Only a testing livery thankfully.

Clear reference to the brand with the snakeskin theme :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,302 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

EQu0JSfX0AAIOai.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Harika

Same old design, hoping for alpha tauri now to make me wow

• Registered Users Posts: 8,341 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

F*ck sake. Valtteri Bottas has gone full on viking. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

F*ck sake. Valtteri Bottas has gone full on viking. :D

Going for the William Storey look..... Rich Energy to be unveiled as Mercedes F1 title sponsor.

• Advertisement

Checked out the F1 Youtube.

Straight away heard Coulthard say the AlphaTauri presentation was "in 3 parts, the first being a look at AlphaTauri sping-summer fashion range"

Its a bloody fashion show

Nope.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement