Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2020 - General Discussion Thread (See MOD warning on first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Well at least they have a car ready for testing this year so already an improvement on last season . I don't think they will be as bad this year as last.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Joeface

First post on the up coming season ...

Have this feeling the mid field will be so over crowded this season the gap to the front will be bigger in Championship points .Not overly sure about time difference

My only out standing question before this weekends test is Can Renault make the jump to the Top 3 teams or will they be stuck with or just behind Mclaren again ? I kinda hope the make the Jump , just to mess everything up even if only for a few races.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Harika

Joeface wrote: »

Have this feeling the mid field will be so over crowded this season the gap to the front will be bigger in Championship points .Not overly sure about time difference

My only out standing question before this weekends test is Can Renault make the jump to the Top 3 teams or will they be stuck with or just behind Mclaren again ? I kinda hope the make the Jump , just to mess everything up even if only for a few races.

I think I read somewhere that Renault already put a dampener on the season. On the other hand McLaren said the engine did a great leap forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,183 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Szafnauer starts díckishly at Racing Points reveal.

"Otmar: “Sometimes lap one you don’t know what’s going to happen - Grosjean’s still racing so he might run into you”

SportPesa dropped. "BWT Racing Point" now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I Hope Racing Point are faster than a JCB :pac:

EQ--FSgWkAANiea?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement

Not too shabby of a design

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rianmcn

pjohnson wrote: »
    Szafnauer starts díckishly at Racing Points reveal.

"Otmar: “Sometimes lap one you don’t know what’s going to happen - Grosjean’s still racing so he might run into you”

SportPesa dropped. "BWT Racing Point" now.

Everton have also cut short their sponsorship deal with SportPesa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Final season of the pink livery

• Registered Users Posts: 15,572 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Joeface wrote: »

Would be great alright but I think if anyone is to do it that it would be Mclaren as they made great progress last year and Renault went backwards. I think if Renault can get back to being the 4th best team thats good and if they can chhallange the top 3 then that would be great.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Final season of the pink livery

What colour are Aston Martin likely to be in 2021?

• Advertisement

Probably some form of British Racing Green I’d reckon.

Bwt is a good sponsor and very few companies are out there looking to be main sponsor of a F1 team.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

ERDaIFtXUAED5Kc?format=jpg&name=900x900

Best of luck spotting the difference there lads...I hope these are for display purposes only.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Gintonious wrote: »
    Best of luck spotting the difference there lads...I hope these are for display purposes only.

Crofty and Martin Brundle won’t have a clue who’s in the Force India this year at all

Crofty and Martin Brundle won’t have a clue who’s in the Force India this year at all

Stroll will be gone in Q1 so it'll be easier for qualifying!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

ERDaI7tX0AEDdQA?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Gone are they days when drivers actually used their helmet as some form of distinctive ID. Now it's just a corporate mess of a thing.

Gintonious wrote: »
    ERDaI7tX0AEDdQA?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Gone are they days when drivers actually used their helmet as some form of distinctive ID. Now it's just a corporate mess of a thing.

Vettel started it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,963 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Vettel started it

Hard to tell if you're being ironic. All those helmets are corporate billboards for cigarettes. They were also the driver's branding - same as now.
    The only real difference is that they tenders to have more block colours back in the olden days and more of the driver's head was exposed. Now it's harder to tell the helmets apart partly because you can see less of them

Hard to tell if you're being ironic. All those helmets are corporate billboards for cigarettes. They were also the driver's branding - same as now.
    The only real difference is that they tenders to have more block colours back in the olden days and more of the driver's head was exposed. Now it's harder to tell the helmets apart partly because you can see less of them

You've a valid point. Mine was that Vettel did something like 50 consecutive races with different helmets at each and every one. The most iconic helmet for advertising in the early 00's had to be Schumacher's when he switched to a red helmet from Monaco 00 onwards, it stood out more than the other tobacco liveried helmets, Hill you could say was another in the 90's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,644 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Pre-season testing begins tomorrow. It will be live on Sky Sports F1.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Kubica getting to run the alfa first is kinda cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Pre-season testing begins tomorrow. It will be live on Sky Sports F1.

I'll give you a wave from the stands :D

ERH6qUQX0AEoQFd?format=jpg&name=small

Renault in testing livery

https://twitter.com/alfaromeoracing/status/1230031836853743616

Alfa Romeo livery

https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/status/1230049558903820290

The RS20 features a narrow nose (ala MercedesAMGF1, McLarenF1
    and RedBullRacing too) nice wide cape too, in the Merc style. Also has a slot a few inches back to inject flow inboard

Suprised Calderon is still at Alfa.

Word is that the Racing Point looks a lot like last years Mercedes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Harika wrote: »
    Word is that the Racing Point looks a lot like last years Mercedes.

There was a nice close up of the front end when Perez came back to the pits a few minutes ago. There's a lot of similarity to the Mercedes, the nose and side pods in particular

Jolyon Palmer on Sky? Wtf!

• Advertisement

Jolyon Palmer on Sky? Wtf!

Has been since at least last year.

Racing Point seem to have done a Haas and took as much from Mercedes as possible.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement