Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

august2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Sorry for the delay getting back to you Millem, the height of steriliser is 15cm. Diameter is 24.5cm

Brill, do you know is it the cheapest one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭History Queen

Millem wrote: »
    Brill, do you know is it the cheapest one?

I've no idea. I bought it over 2 years ago at this stage. Think it was in Closer to Me branding at the time.

I've no idea. I bought it over 2 years ago at this stage. Think it was in Closer to Me branding at the time.

Is it this one? I think my microwave has 18cm in internal height!
    My bottles and pram mattress arrived today :)
    Must wash my bugaboo and car seat covers now!
    My back is very sore :( muscular pain apparently. I feel the baby has dropped again. Feeling a lot of pressure on bladder.

Girls amazon have a promo where you agent £5 off £25. All details here
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058091481/1/#post113881033

Might be of useful for getting a few bits.

I ordered a microwave steriliser this morning with the promo. Delivery is expected 15th July which is not too bad!

Girls amazon have a promo where you agent £5 off £20. All details here
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058091481/1/#post113881033

Might be of useful for getting a few bits.

I ordered a microwave steriliser this morning with the promo. Delivery is expected 15th July which is not too bad!

Cheers Millem. I packed my hospital bag last week. I have a medium size suitcase and a backpack (for labour ward). Feel a bit silly with the suitcase but my thinking is I could be kept for 5 days if I have a c-section and I'm not dragging my husband 40 mins in to the hospital just to drop extra supplies if he's not going to be allowed up to visit me and the baby.

Last time I had a hand luggage size case and backpack but husband brought in extras as I needed them and was in every day of my stay

• Advertisement

Cheers Millem. I packed my hospital bag last week. I have a medium size suitcase and a backpack (for labour ward). Feel a bit silly with the suitcase but my thinking is I could be kept for 5 days if I have a c-section and I'm not dragging my husband 40 mins in to the hospital just to drop extra supplies if he's not going to be allowed up to visit me and the baby.

Last time I had a hand luggage size case and backpack but husband brought in extras as I needed them and was in every day of my stay

Gosh, you do right! I am going to bring a suitcase too.....God only knows what my husband would bring me in!!!!!! ;)

Gosh, you do right! I am going to bring a suitcase too.....God only knows what my husband would bring me in!!!!!! ;)

Last time I had spare bags packed at home with extras for me and baby so i just had to tell him to bring the blue bag or the red bag etc. I love him but trying to get him to get the right pyjamas or set of babygrows would've been a disaster!😅

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ahaaha

I’m in the midst of packing ward bag now and no way is everything fitting into my regular overhead suitcase.....am I being silly packing both newborn (7.5lb) and one month (10lb) clothes for baba? He was nearly 5lb at 32 weeks so I’m thinking I’ll just go with the latter?
    My labour bag is ridiculously huge but I plan on moving a lot of what’s in it into my ward bag after delivery also. And no way is it all gonna fit!!
    We’re over an hour away from hospital so really don’t want to be dragging dh on a long round trip with backups.

ahaaha wrote: »
    I’m in the midst of packing ward bag now and no way is everything fitting into my regular overhead suitcase.....am I being silly packing both newborn (7.5lb) and one month (10lb) clothes for baba? He was nearly 5lb at 32 weeks so I’m thinking I’ll just go with the latter?
    My labour bag is ridiculously huge but I plan on moving a lot of what’s in it into my ward bag after delivery also. And no way is it all gonna fit!!
    We’re over an hour away from hospital so really don’t want to be dragging dh on a long round trip with backups.

I am just going to bring up to 1 month (10lbs) or 0-3 months which shrunk :( to a 1 month size. They are unisex white or navy. I was going to buy some new ones but then my other two got maybe 2 weeks in them! I remember on my last baby I didn’t pack enough of them for the hospital. My son used to spit up after feeds! So ended up changing him a lot!

Only bought 0-3 months brand new but leaving them at home. They are pink and so adorable!!

I am bringing the overhead bag or a rucksack as my labour bag. Haven’t put them into a bag yet!

• Advertisement

Oh hopefully other hospitals will follow in a similar fashion. The guidelines seem very fair.

Oh hopefully other hospitals will follow in a similar fashion. The guidelines seem very fair.

Cumh tweeted last week they have no plans to change anything. Hopefully time will tell!

Just seen the rotunda have done the same. Partner allowed on from 5-7pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

That’s great news for anybody attending those 2 hospitals hope the others follow suit would be a relief to know you can have partner visit for a few hours a day.

rosiem wrote: »
    That’s great news for anybody attending those 2 hospitals hope the others follow suit would be a relief to know you can have partner visit for a few hours a day.

Exactly, would be such a relief to know you'd have a visit to look forward to. Obviously if doesn't happen it isn't the end of the world and we'll all get on with things, but personally I'd be hugely relieved if my husband could visit.

ahaaha wrote: »
    Just seen the rotunda have done the same. Partner allowed on from 5-7pm!

Great! Although I would say it will be hectic on a ward if everyone had a visitor at the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

Great! Although I would say it will be hectic on a ward if everyone had a visitor at the same time?

“The partner may be asked to leave or wait to enter the ward if the unit is particularly busy at the time” is one of the conditions for Hollis Street imagine it will be the same in all hospitals when they move forward.

In fairness it will still be much quieter than normal with a strict one person per bed policy last time I was in the Coombe and several people had 2/3 visitors at a time some even more during visiting hours and it was way too much for me so am happy out if we can just get partners in for a visit.

It will be much calmer and nicer for Mums and babies in my opinion and something I would be happy to see remain even after the pandemic takes a lot of pressure off Mums having to say no to visitors or dreading them.

Obviously exceptions could be made for longer stays where patient requests it.

rosiem wrote: »
    “The partner may be asked to leave or wait to enter the ward if the unit is particularly busy at the time” is one of the conditions for Hollis Street imagine it will be the same in all hospitals when they move forward.

In fairness it will still be much quieter than normal with a strict one person per bed policy last time I was in the Coombe and several people had 2/3 visitors at a time some even more during visiting hours and it was way too much for me so am happy out if we can just get partners in for a visit.

It will be much calmer and nicer for Mums and babies in my opinion and something I would be happy to see remain even after the pandemic takes a lot of pressure off Mums having to say no to visitors or dreading them.

Obviously exceptions could be made for longer stays where patient requests it.

I agree with you! 2 hours is plenty anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

What is everyone doing for labour room clothing ? Or you just wear any normal tee ?

What is everyone doing for labour room clothing ? Or you just wear any normal tee ?

For my two kids I gave birth with top I arrived in on! ;)
    I had bought nightdresses with buttons for the occasion but never changed into them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭plasticheart

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Thanks so much for that, I've tried to reply twice but dont know if the replies have sent, sorry!

Sorry Cash_Q, I didn't get any reply :(

How is everyone doing?

I think I am all set for the hospital now, bags all ready to go. I go from being really excited to absolutely dreading it. Don't really know what to expect.

Baby is still Frank breech and feet are wedged under my ribs, it is so uncomfortable! I ate some ice cream last night and she moved away a bit but she's back in there today. Must be very cosy there :D

Sorry Cash_Q, I didn't get any reply :(

How is everyone doing?

I think I am all set for the hospital now, bags all ready to go. I go from being really excited to absolutely dreading it. Don't really know what to expect.

Baby is still Frank breech and feet are wedged under my ribs, it is so uncomfortable! I ate some ice cream last night and she moved away a bit but she's back in there today. Must be very cosy there :D

Good woman being so organised! I haven’t done anything since. Keep asking my husband to fish out car seat out of attic!!! It has fallen on deaf ears though!
    I have given myself a deadline of next week to get sorted! I will be 34 weeks.
    The last two days I have just been sooo exhausted and nauseous :(.
    I have a hospital appointment next week :)

Hi Ladies, I had a clinic appointment today and asked if there was any sign of visiting restrictions being relaxed in Limerick. Apparently they recently surveyed women who are there after having babies and it is looking like they'll follow other hospitals with a fathers/nominated person visiting time only. Nothing official drawn up though but hopefully soon!

Doc I met today had been through my file in detail and said I was a good candidate for a VBAC so I'm delighted with that. Will schedule me for an elective section at 7 days over if I don't go myself which I'm happy enough with.

Hi Ladies, I had a clinic appointment today and asked if there was any sign of visiting restrictions being relaxed in Limerick. Apparently they recently surveyed women who are there after having babies and it is looking like they'll follow other hospitals with a fathers/nominated person visiting time only. Nothing official drawn up though but hopefully soon!

Doc I met today had been through my file in detail and said I was a good candidate for a VBAC so I'm delighted with that. Will schedule me for an elective section at 7 days over if I don't go myself which I'm happy enough with.

That’s great news history queen!
    Not long now for you!!!
    I got a text re maternity benefit saying they received form but nothing since.

Not long now for you!!!

I still haven't received anything re maternity benefit. Might ring tomorrow to follow up.

Not long now for you!!!

I still haven't received anything re maternity benefit. Might ring tomorrow to follow up.

Do you get a text to say they received your form? My text came on the 19th June.
    When is your mat leave starting? Mine not starting till 24th August :)

Do you get a text to say they received your form? My text came on the 19th June.
    When is your mat leave starting? Mine not starting till 24th August :)

No I didn't and mine is due to start 3rd August

No I didn't and mine is due to start 3rd August

Did your work post it for you?
    I tried to do it online but it wouldn’t let me log in! I didn’t bother filling out pages on claiming for children or husband.
    :)

• Advertisement

Yes work posted for me. Same, I didn't claimfor my son or husband. Will contact HR today and just check they definitely have it sent off.

Advertisement