Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

august2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ahaaha

I’ve zero packed but have gotten most things I think! Just slippers so might take a trip to penneys next week. Our local one seems quiet enough when we drove past it there wasn’t any queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

ahaaha wrote: »
    I’ve zero packed but have gotten most things I think! Just slippers so might take a trip to penneys next week. Our local one seems quiet enough when we drove past it there wasn’t any queue.

Just back from Dunnes it was empty! Got a dressing gown. Had to buy xl!! Bought deodorant and it seems I have lost it!!
    I just packed my hospital stay bag there. Nothing for baby yet.
    Set up 3 bags....1 hospital bag, 1 labour bag with ziplock bag for baby and 1 baby stay bag.

I will end up with a small rucksack for labour and put ziplock into it and one suitcase for hospital stay for my and baby!

Feeling a bit better now, God forbid I ended up going in just for me at least I am a bit organised!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭plasticheart

What goes in a labour bag? :o

I have one bag with all the baby's stuff (outfits in ziplock bags and one in a side pocket for delivery) and one bag with my own stuff/toiletries.

This is from a old info pack from the Rotunda. I got it on my last pregnancy.
    Put your stuff in a rucksack and baby’s in ziplock in rucksack.

I don’t bother with disposable underwear, camera and batteries, list of phone numbers, or baby cardigan!!

Millem wrote: »
    This is from a old info pack from the Rotunda. I got it on my last pregnancy.
    Put your stuff in a rucksack and baby’s in ziplock in rucksack.

I don’t bother with disposable underwear, camera and batteries, list of phone numbers, or baby cardigan!!

Oh grand, thanks for that! I'll just add baby's delivery outfit to my bag. I was worried I needed a third bag! :o

• Advertisement

Oh grand, thanks for that! I'll just add baby's delivery outfit to my bag. I was worried I needed a third bag! :o

No it’s just so your OH doesn’t have to go looking in a big bag!!

I don’t have any baby stuff packed! That is a next week job!
    I am bringing a pack of waterwipes in my hospital stay bag!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rebel83

What goes in a labour bag? :o

I have one bag with all the baby's stuff (outfits in ziplock bags and one in a side pocket for delivery) and one bag with my own stuff/toiletries.

Some people prefer to have a small bag within their bag for the labour ward, change of pjs, some snacks, Rennies etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

Hi ladies hope you are all keeping well ?

I have been in and out of hospital last few weeks and was diagnosed with liver Cholestasis after suffering with extreme itching to the point of scratching till I bled. It is controlled with meds at moment but I need to complete a daily movement chart and report any changes. After 37 weeks the risk of stillbirth increases by about 20% so looks like I will be brought in at 37 weeks so July baby for me panicking a bit now to get organised in 4 weeks and wake up every morning worrying about baby movement not how I imagined my last stages of pregnancy. On a positive note I have been signed off sick from today so am at least on maternity leave 😀

rosiem wrote: »

I have been in and out of hospital last few weeks and was diagnosed with liver Cholestasis after suffering with extreme itching to the point of scratching till I bled. It is controlled with meds at moment but I need to complete a daily movement chart and report any changes. After 37 weeks the risk of stillbirth increases by about 20% so looks like I will be brought in at 37 weeks so July baby for me panicking a bit now to get organised in 4 weeks and wake up every morning worrying about baby movement not how I imagined my last stages of pregnancy. On a positive note I have been signed off sick from today so am at least on maternity leave 😀

Oh gosh Rosie, I am sorry to hear that. At least the hospital are on the ball. It won’t be long now :)

I had an appointment yesterday. Baby’s head is down and facing the correct way. Still plenty of space to move around though. Consultant said hospital restrictions will get lifted when things open up. Didn’t fully listen to Leo yesterday but presume it’s the final phase July?
    I was worried my OH would be told to go off and come back later when I arrive at the hospital....he said he can stay. I go into labour very quickly so was afraid my OH will miss birth.
    Sorted out the wardrobes etc this week. Delighted with that. Just need to wash the baby clothes!

Awake here since 4am :(

Sorry to hear that, Rosie. Hopefully the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly.

I was diagnosed with pre-eclampsia myself last week so might be joining you with a July baby! Definitely not how I imagined pregnancy would go but we're nearly there so fingers crossed but at least we're nearly there.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

• Advertisement

Oh gosh Rosie, I am sorry to hear that. At least the hospital are on the ball. It won’t be long now :)

I had an appointment yesterday. Baby’s head is down and facing the correct way. Still plenty of space to move around though. Consultant said hospital restrictions will get lifted when things open up. Didn’t fully listen to Leo yesterday but presume it’s the final phase July?
    I was worried my OH would be told to go off and come back later when I arrive at the hospital....he said he can stay. I go into labour very quickly so was afraid my OH will miss birth.
    Sorted out the wardrobes etc this week. Delighted with that. Just need to wash the baby clothes!

Awake here since 4am :(

I didn't really listen to Leo either so not sure what the next phases entail. Hopefully partners are allowed back in by the time we're due. This is our first, I know I can do it but I'd like him there for the support!

I didn't really listen to Leo either so not sure what the next phases entail. Hopefully partners are allowed back in by the time we're due. This is our first, I know I can do it but I'd like him there for the support!

I actually don’t mind the not visiting after! He will probably have me plagued bringing in the kids non stop anyway! I just don’t want him to miss the birth!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭History Queen

Sorry to hear of yere recent diagnosis Plasticheart and Rosie. Hope yeare feeling well otherwise and that all else goes smoothly for ye.

Haven't been feeling great myself this week. Nothing major, just tired and very uncomfortable. Had been smooth enough sailing til now. Finding myself very irritable with my son and then feeling terrible after. Lifting him and changing him is becoming much harder and the fact that he has decided to test boundaries this week like running away to hide every time I want to change him or leave the house is driving me insane. He thinks it's great craic of course but I have to say it has been grating on me this week. Not like me, normally I'm very laidback with him and don't sweat the small stuff. Really hate getting cross with him and feeling so irritated all the time myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ahaaha

Rosiem and plasticheart, am sorry to read about yer difficulties! Thankfully not long left to go and everyone will be safe and healthy and happy very soon. And ye are being well taken care of by the professionals!

My placenta has moved up thankfully so must get cracking on my GentleBirth/hypnobirthing now as like ye, am not looking forward to any part of labour on my own. I’ve a feeling nothing’s gonna change In cumh...... I’m a bit of a panicker at the best of times, and have found going public for our first quite tough - as no continuity of care, which I was very used to due to all of our fertility treatment. Spoilt because of it I suppose!! Maybe I would have been better off in midwife led care, I don’t know..... But no going back now anyway!!

Have a lovely weekend girls x

ahaaha wrote: »
    Rosiem and plasticheart, am sorry to read about yer difficulties! Thankfully not long left to go and everyone will be safe and healthy and happy very soon. And ye are being well taken care of by the professionals!

My placenta has moved up thankfully so must get cracking on my GentleBirth/hypnobirthing now as like ye, am not looking forward to any part of labour on my own. I’ve a feeling nothing’s gonna change In cumh...... I’m a bit of a panicker at the best of times, and have found going public for our first quite tough - as no continuity of care, which I was very used to due to all of our fertility treatment. Spoilt because of it I suppose!! Maybe I would have been better off in midwife led care, I don’t know..... But no going back now anyway!!

Have a lovely weekend girls x

Ahaaha don’t worry it will all work out. You could be super quick!
    I have heard of people who gave birth (holles St) and partners have been allowed stay for a good 12 hours....from getting admitted until the birth! Hospital was quiet.

Sorry to hear that, Rosie. Hopefully the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly.

I was diagnosed with pre-eclampsia myself last week so might be joining you with a July baby! Definitely not how I imagined pregnancy would go but we're nearly there so fingers crossed but at least we're nearly there.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Sorry to hear you are also having issues I hope they have been able to reassure you.

I think with the whole Covid thing this pregnancy has been an anxious time and not like any of us imagined but once our little ones arrive safely that is all that matters.

I hope for all of us the restrictions will ease on the 20th or maybe I am wishing as that is the possible date I have section and would be so nice for my partner to be visit even an hour or two each day so fingers crossed.

On a separate note is anybody using a belly belt for walking around I have seen one in Argos for €13 but was hoping for a recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rebel83

I hope for all of us the restrictions will ease on the 20th or maybe I am wishing as that is the possible date I have section and would be so nice for my partner to be visit even an hour or two each day so fingers crossed.

On a separate note is anybody using a belly belt for walking around I have seen one in Argos for €13 but was hoping for a recommendation.

My friend gave me one - I haven't tried it yet, but thinking of trying it out tomorrow to see if it helps with the back pain & supports the bump a little more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Hi there jumping in from Sept thread..do you mind me asking how many weeks pregnant you were when they diagnosed it? And how are they treating/monitoring it until delivery? Will they deliver at 37weeks?

Sorry for all the questions, I had it on my last pregnancy and I have been told I've an increased risk of it developing again.

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Hi there jumping in from Sept thread..do you mind me asking how many weeks pregnant you were when they diagnosed it? And how are they treating/monitoring it until delivery? Will they deliver at 37weeks?

Sorry for all the questions, I had it on my last pregnancy and I have been told I've an increased risk of it developing again.

I sent you a PM :)

• Advertisement

Girls has anyone bought a microwave steriliser yet? If so, which one have you bought and what are the dimensions?
    Thanks a mil

Girls has anyone bought a microwave steriliser yet? If which one have you bought and what are the dimensions?
    Thanks a mil

I have the tommee tippee one from last baby. In attic but hoping to convince my husband to bring down some bits tonight if he grabs that I'll measure it for u.

I have the tommee tippee one from last baby. In attic but hoping to convince my husband to bring down some bits tonight if he grabs that I'll measure it for u.

Thanks a mil! There are tommee ones. I was just going to buy the cheapest one tbh! Reviews say it’s very big and doesn’t fit in all microwaves!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Touchee

Girls has anyone bought a microwave steriliser yet? If so, which one have you bought and what are the dimensions?
    Thanks a mil

I bought a MAM steriliser in Smyths, about €60, bottles included, but it is quite big, don’t know the measurements but would not fit into a standard microwave

Touchee wrote: »
    I bought a MAM steriliser in Smyths, about €60, bottles included, but it is quite big, don’t know the measurements but would not fit into a standard microwave

My microwave is a built in one! Not sure if it is big or small!
    I bought avent bottles just because they fit my spectra pump. Only paid €9.80 on amazon for this set a week ago! https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07HZFYDZM/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_i_-N77Eb0EMG8PV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

I sent you a PM

Thanks so much for that, I've tried to reply twice but dont know if the replies have sent, sorry!

Girls what is the story with paternity leave? Is it 2 weeks and then 2 weeks parent’s leave?
    My husband’s work always gave 2 weeks full pay paternity leave before paternity leave was statutory. Can’t find out info on parent’s leave from his work’s handbook! Is it all public sector are not getting topped up? I know I am not getting topped up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Girls what is the story with paternity leave? Is it 2 weeks and then 2 weeks parent’s leave?
    My husband’s work always gave 2 weeks full pay paternity leave before paternity leave was statutory. Can’t find out info on parent’s leave from his work’s handbook! Is it all public sector are not getting topped up? I know I am not getting topped up :(

I guess there is only paternity leave ? What is parents leave ?

I guess there is only paternity leave ? What is parents leave ?

Parent’s leave is new and for parents of babies born after 1 Nov 2019. You get 2 weeks to use up to the babies 1st birthday. My work don’t top it up.
    Paternity leave is 2 weeks that must be used before the baby is 26 weeks old. My work do top this up and top up maternity leave.

• Advertisement

Thanks a mil! There are tommee ones. I was just going to buy the cheapest one tbh! Reviews say it’s very big and doesn’t fit in all microwaves!

Sorry for the delay getting back to you Millem, the height of steriliser is 15cm. Diameter is 24.5cm

Advertisement