Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

august2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭jellybear

Millem wrote: »
    No 0-3 months girls online :(

Awh sorry. I never clicked into the sizing, just saw 0-18 months on the description so I presumed they'd have them. So annoying :(

I just checked Boots Mini Club and they have a couple of cardigans. One 0-3 months and another up to 9.9lbs. Hope you get sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

jellybear wrote: »
    Awh sorry. I never clicked into the sizing, just saw 0-18 months on the description so I presumed they'd have them. So annoying :(

I just checked Boots Mini Club and they have a couple of cardigans. One 0-3 months and another up to 9.9lbs. Hope you get sorted :)
    Thanks! I don’t think shops are opening till 10th August!!!!
    Will look up boots. I have loads of boy clothes from my sons so worst case scenario it will be grand!
    Just want to start ordering as a lot of my deliveries seem to be taking over a month to come!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,113 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Do you know anyone who knits .I am sure they would love to knit in this lockdown .I am knitting cardigans for four babies due in August and September and am delighted to have something to do .I have 8 knitted so far !!

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Do you know anyone who knits .I am sure they would love to knit in this lockdown .I am knitting cardigans for four babies due in August and September and am delighted to have something to do .I have 8 knitted so far !!

No, but great idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭plasticheart

How is everyone doing? I haven't slept much the last few nights, baby seems to have settled into a routine where she kicks endlessly from 3am to 5am then starts up again at 7am!

I'd like to get a few bits for my hospital bag as things keep selling out. I know it's probably impossible to say but am I okay getting a few 0-3 months vests and baby grows to start off? I'd like to just finalise my hospital bag now and can get more or different sizes closer to my due date or after baby arrives if I have to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭jellybear

How is everyone doing? I haven't slept much the last few nights, baby seems to have settled into a routine where she kicks endlessly from 3am to 5am then starts up again at 7am!

I'd like to get a few bits for my hospital bag as things keep selling out. I know it's probably impossible to say but am I okay getting a few 0-3 months vests and baby grows to start off? I'd like to just finalise my hospital bag now and can get more or different sizes closer to my due date or after baby arrives if I have to.

0-3 are perfect. My little boy was 7lbs 12ozs and they fit him from day one :) It's such a pain that things are sold out online. I'm finding the same with bigger sizes. Got them on littlewoods in the end.

jellybear wrote: »
    0-3 are perfect. My little boy was 7lbs 12ozs and they fit him from day one :) It's such a pain that things are sold out online. I'm finding the same with bigger sizes. Got them on littlewoods in the end.

Ah that's great. I was on Next last night and a lot of the small sizes are gone. I did manage to get some vests and a few baby grows though. At least I will have a couple of changes for the hospital and can sort other stuff later on.

Oh stop I have been having very strange dreams/nightmares and waking up!!!!
    Don’t worry getting anything beyond 0-3 months you will get loads of presents!!!

I feel I was very proactive today!! I started my hospital bag....bought 2 packs of undies!!!! Can’t find black towels but did see grey or dark blue in dunnes! I have bought pjs too and have one of those breastfeeding nighty things what I bought for giving birth in last time that I never got to wear!!!

I am packing a big suitcase tbh! I plan on staying my 3 nights covid or no covid!!!!
    I usually pack one of those hand luggage size ones and get husband to bring stuff in but hospital restrictions still in place till 10th August apparently! Not due till after but just in case will pack it.

Oh stop I have been having very strange dreams/nightmares and waking up!!!!
    Don’t worry getting anything beyond 0-3 months you will get loads of presents!!!

I feel I was very proactive today!! I started my hospital bag....bought 2 packs of undies!!!! Can’t find black towels but did see grey or dark blue in dunnes! I have bought pjs too and have one of those breastfeeding nighty things what I bought for giving birth in last time that I never got to wear!!!

I am packing a big suitcase tbh! I plan on staying my 3 nights covid or no covid!!!!
    I usually pack one of those hand luggage size ones and get husband to bring stuff in but hospital restrictions still in place till 10th August apparently! Not due till after but just in case will pack it.

I've had some bizarre dreams myself. One was that I was in hospital and gave birth to a puppy! Husband and I were delighted though, it was a very cute puppy. :D

Oh you've reminded me I need to get hospital bag stuff for myself. I have nearly all of my postpartum stuff I think (maternity pads, breast pads etc) but no undies, pj's or towels... Feels like the time is flying in now and I'm running out of time to get stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ahaaha

Hi all! Awful sleeps here too...hips and legs ache app night, keep waking to turn and wee. and little one then decides to wake early the last mornings too. Movements can be quite sporadic and some days v quiet while others there’s constant action. That’s one thing I’m missing about not having my 28 week apt with hospital/GP. Would love some reassurance I suppose, I’m such a worrier.

Wrt clothes I’ve mainly received hand me downs from friends and family from newborn right up to 0-3 months. So have only really bought few things like vests, cardigans on next online. They’ve loads of stuff available if anyone’s stuck.

Next plan is travel system, few storage boxes/baskets, baby carrier, mattresses etc etc etc! I think I’ll give a trip to local baby store with my big list one of these days. Think they are open by appointment only but I think I need to actually see/lift/unfold travel system before I invest such a huge amount of money.

• Advertisement

ahaaha wrote: »
    Hi all! Awful sleeps here too...hips and legs ache app night, keep waking to turn and wee. and little one then decides to wake early the last mornings too. Movements can be quite sporadic and some days v quiet while others there’s constant action. That’s one thing I’m missing about not having my 28 week apt with hospital/GP. Would love some reassurance I suppose, I’m such a worrier.

Wrt clothes I’ve mainly received hand me downs from friends and family from newborn right up to 0-3 months. So have only really bought few things like vests, cardigans on next online. They’ve loads of stuff available if anyone’s stuck.

Next plan is travel system, few storage boxes/baskets, baby carrier, mattresses etc etc etc! I think I’ll give a trip to local baby store with my big list one of these days. Think they are open by appointment only but I think I need to actually see/lift/unfold travel system before I invest such a huge amount of money.

You are so right re travel system! My friend ended up buying one that didn’t fit into her car properly!!!

I need to buy a new mattress for my pram!
    I have an appointment next week. Going to figure out maternity leave....we don’t know our back to school date so might just see can I go with latest date!

I have ordered a few things (cardigans and bibs) from h and m but they are taking weeks and weeks to come I think this is week 3! No idea of quality or sizing!
    Love love Next must have a look!
    I wish they would reopen shops for baby clothes!
    If anyone is near Dunnes Cornelscourt you don’t need to queue to get into clothes.....it’s just for food! But they don’t have any 0-3 months stuff like babygrows, hats, cardigans etc but apparently getting more stock this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭History Queen

So I had my 28 week check up today and the doctor did a surprise mini scan for me and printed out two pics for my husband. Just talking to me about my health in general (all good thank God) and said "will we do a quick scan so while you're here?" I was thrilled as have only had my dating scan and was only expecting to have one more scan, my 32 week growth one. Nice surprise.

Also for any other Limerick ladies, the hospital was unrecognisable today! so so quiet compared to the cattle mart it normally is, I was in and out in 30 mins including getting bloods done, quick midwife chat and doc consultation. Definitely a record!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

So I had my 28 week check up today and the doctor did a surprise mini scan for me and printed out two pics for my husband. Just talking to me about my health in general (all good thank God) and said "will we do a quick scan so while you're here?" I was thrilled as have only had my dating scan and was only expecting to have one more scan, my 32 week growth one. Nice surprise.

Also for any other Limerick ladies, the hospital was unrecognisable today! so so quiet compared to the cattle mart it normally is, I was in and out in 30 mins including getting bloods done, quick midwife chat and doc consultation. Definitely a record!

We have a visit to the hospital next week...last scan could not help in deciding the gender....not sure if we can request the doc/midwife in this visit..

Had whooping cough vaccine and blood tests done last week with the GP. Very controlled entry and a normal scan was also done to check HB etc.

History queen that is great re scan! Roberto hope you can find out the gender soon!!
    I ordered a few things from h and m and would not recommend!!! The sizing is absolutely bonkers. In the first pic apparently these cardigans are both 4-6 months.

In the second picture the cardigan on top is 2-4 months.

History queen that is great re scan! Roberto hope you can find out the gender soon!!
    I ordered a few things from h and m and would not recommend!!! The sizing is absolutely bonkers. In the first pic apparently these cardigans are both 4-6 months.

In the second picture the cardigan on top is 2-4 months.

Ah stop! How are u meant to order online if their sizing is that inconsistent?!

Ah stop! How are u meant to order online if their sizing is that inconsistent?!

Stop I know!! What a joke. I have 3 more cardigans coming 4-6 months and bibs. God only knows when or what they will be like when they arrive.
    I have ordered clothes for my 2 boys from there before (not baby clothes!) and they are always grand on sizing!!!
    H and m also don’t seem to sell sleepsuits with feet?
    That’s it now for me online clothes shopping!
    I wouldn’t mind Asda have lovely sleepsuits in stock but I am afraid to order re sizing now! Their “first size” only goes to 9lbs.....I thought it would be like 0-1 month 10lbs!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

H&M don't sell sleepsuits with feet, but they do sell those little trousers with feet on them and a nice soft wide waistband.I found them invaluable for summer babies and they are hard to find elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭awny

Stop I know!! What a joke. I have 3 more cardigans coming 4-6 months and bibs. God only knows when or what they will be like when they arrive.
    I have ordered clothes for my 2 boys from there before (not baby clothes!) and they are always grand on sizing!!!
    H and m also don’t seem to sell sleepsuits with feet?
    That’s it now for me online clothes shopping!
    I wouldn’t mind Asda have lovely sleepsuits in stock but I am afraid to order re sizing now! Their “first size” only goes to 9lbs.....I thought it would be like 0-1 month 10lbs!

Millem, thanks for your PM. I tried to reply but you have too many messages in your private mailbox! :)

awny wrote: »
    Millem, thanks for your PM. I tried to reply but you have too many messages in your private mailbox! :)

Ok will delete now!!! Try again!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ahaaha

How is everyone keeping in this heat?!! It has me wrecked...... the fan had to be retrieved from the attic :)

• Advertisement

ahaaha wrote: »
    How is everyone keeping in this heat?!! It has me wrecked...... the fan had to be retrieved from the attic :)

Yesterday was the only day I suffered. Hadbeen flying it up to that, although I look dreadful wearing my husbands soccer shorts and jerseys! In my defence, they are so cool and comfortable and I've no maternity summer wear.

I'm really struggling with the heat especially at night time, even with the fan on and window open. I can't get comfortable in bed and I'm up for the bathroom every 2 hours! Roll on August. :)

How much do ye feel your babies move? I feel lots of movement all the time. I'm wondering is my baby particularly energetic or is this normal? Is she going to be hyper when she gets out? :D

Plasticheart my baby is moves a lot too.
    Girls has anyone ordered bottles? I am thinking of trying those nuk latex ones?
    I am determined for this baby to take a bottle a day!!!

Anyone have recommendations for a breast pump? I didn't use one last time but would like to get one this time.

Plasticheart my baby is moves a lot too.
    Girls has anyone ordered bottles? I am thinking of trying those nuk latex ones?
    I am determined for this baby to take a bottle a day!!!

I used tommee tippee last time and like that had no bother switching between breast and bottle. Like you I want this baby to be on a bottle a day too.

I got this bottle set from Amazon. It was 15 sterling when I ordered it last week. Like ye I'm hoping baby will have a bottle a day.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CU9515I/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_YDJ2EbJRRPTGM

I got this bottle set from Amazon. It was 15 sterling when I ordered it last week. Like ye I'm hoping baby will have a bottle a day.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CU9515I/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_YDJ2EbJRRPTGM

That's exactly what I used on my first baby. Microwave steriliser was brilliant too.

One tip if buying a microwave steriliser make sure the microwave is high enough ! We bought a steriliser for our grandchildren and ended up having to buy a new microwave .The inside of the micro was not high enough

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    One tip if buying a microwave steriliser make sure the microwave is high enough ! We bought a steriliser for our grandchildren and ended up having to buy a new microwave .The inside of the micro was not high enough

Oh no way, hadn't realised that could be an issue.

• Advertisement

Oh no way, hadn't realised that could be an issue.

Yes, we bought a Philips Avent microwave steriliser and it wouldnt fit in .Mind you we needed a new microwave but i had to measure the new ones to make sure it fitted

Advertisement