Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

august2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ahaaha

No bother. How are u feeling these days?

::::TOO MUCH INFORMATION ALERT::::
    Anyone else suffering from constipation and haemorrhoids? I'm low on Iron so am on Galfer, I reduced it to every second day (on my GPs advice) to ease constipation only to get a phone call from hospital today saying my iron levels from blood test last week showed my iron had only risen from 10.6 to 10.7 so I've to go back to taking it daily.... I realise this isn't end of the world stuff but God I feel sorry for myself...

Honestly, severe constipation is one of the worst things I’ve ever experienced. And that wasn’t even when heavily pregnant!! I can only imagine adding haemorrhoids into the mix. Just a second shout out for active iron- v effective and v gentle. I take it when not pregnant as I’m always on the low side, surprisingly my levels are ok during pregnancy so I’ve been off of it a while but it’s excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Girls I am packed!!!! No idea if I have the right size of clothes for the baby!! I reckon they are 0-1 month size ish!
    Brought 6 sleepsuits and 6 vests for stay.
    Packed 2 zip lock bags 0-1 months vest & sleepsuit & hat and slightly bigger in the other....vest & sleepsuit & hat.

Didn’t pack sheets or blankets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭History Queen

Thanks everyone for the replies. I'm feeling much better now as constipation has eased (I'm devouring bowls of fruit 3 times a day). Won't let me use active iron as used it on last pregnany and my iron levels remained stubbornly low.

Packed here too Millem. Still holding out hope that restrictions will ease in Limerick re visitors so I don't have to bring a big suitcase with me!

How is everyone else keeping otherwise?

Thanks everyone for the replies. I'm feeling much better now as constipation has eased (I'm devouring bowls of fruit 3 times a day). Won't let me use active iron as used it on last pregnany and my iron levels remained stubbornly low.

Packed here too Millem. Still holding out hope that restrictions will ease in Limerick re visitors so I don't have to bring a big suitcase with me!

How is everyone else keeping otherwise?

History queen have you tried that lactalose? I gave it to my eldest once or twice and it worked!!!! I would presume all the hospitals will follow suit now with visitors? Things seem to be getting back to normal now with regard to procedures etc in non maternity hospitals.

I have 1 big suitcase for the stay. 1 side is my stuff, other side are baby’s things and a rucksack for labour. The suitcase is probably only 50/60% full but I couldn’t fit everything into hand luggage because of nappies and maternity towels etc.

I am currently washing car seat and pram covers. Did anyone buy a baby wrap blanket thing for the car seat?

Millem wrote: »
    History queen have you tried that lactalose? I gave it to my eldest once or twice and it worked!!!! I would presume all the hospitals will follow suit now with visitors? Things seem to be getting back to normal now with regard to procedures etc in non maternity hospitals.

I have 1 big suitcase for the stay. 1 side is my stuff, other side are baby’s things and a rucksack for labour. The suitcase is probably only 50/60% full but I couldn’t fit everything into hand luggage because of nappies and maternity towels etc.

I am currently washing car seat and pram covers. Did anyone buy a baby wrap blanket thing for the car seat?

Haven't tries lactalose but doc said he'd prescribe if I have ongoing issues.

My suitcase is exactly as you describe. And funny enough I'm just after putting on a wash with carseat inserts/covers. We must be living parallel lives! :) i didn't buy the baby wrap thing for the car seat. I just layer muslins/celular blankets when using car seat as easy to add/remove layers while travelling without taking baby out.

• Advertisement

Haven't tries lactalose but doc said he'd prescribe if I have ongoing issues.

My suitcase is exactly as you describe. And funny enough I'm just after putting on a wash with carseat inserts/covers. We must be living parallel lives! :) i didn't buy the baby wrap thing for the car seat. I just layer muslins/celular blankets when using car seat as easy to add/remove layers while travelling without taking baby out.

Oh gosh maybe it’s not lactalose I gave him! You just buy it over the counter. White bottle?

Yeah you are prob right re car seat wrap. I always did the same as you with layering :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I had a Morck wrap for no. 3 in the car seat, Millem.Very handy in the winter, especially when I was also handling the other 2.Quick and easy in and out of the car on school runs and the like. I didn't buy much new stuff for the third, but I liked that buy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

Great news for Coombe mums updated policy to now allow partner to visit for 2.5 hours a day am delighted 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 17 tictac88

Hi there,

I'm due in 4 weeks and trying to follow public health advice on social distancing from anyone I don't live with (i.e. my partner). It's only in the last week or so I've been starting to meet family and friends again since the mid March.

I met my parents today and made it clear I was social distancing. My mother does not seem to understand or respect that and kept coming in to my space. I think it is an easy thing for them to give me a small bit of space. I'm not implying anyone has Covid but they have all been meeting people regularly and I don't want to take any risks at this stage.

I didn't find lockdown stressful but this is. Is anyone else trying to maintain social distancing?

• Advertisement

tictac88 wrote: »

I didn't find lockdown stressful but this is. Is anyone else trying to maintain social distancing?

Yes with strangers, no social distancing with my family (parents etc). No hugging or kissing parents etc.
    With a small circle of friends we are generally outside and try to social distance but maybe only by 1m.
    My kids are back seeing their friends....not social distancing. My youngest had two weeks of Montesorri too.

The way I see is there may never be a vaccine and the cases are only in their 20s. We need to try and get on with our life.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭plasticheart

How is everyone getting on?

I am dying to have the baby now haha. The kicks/movements are getting stronger, sometimes they're really uncomfortable. Can't sleep at night either between not being able to get comfy and being too hot. Roll on the next few weeks :)

How is everyone getting on?

I am dying to have the baby now haha. The kicks/movements are getting stronger, sometimes they're really uncomfortable. Can't sleep at night either between not being able to get comfy and being too hot. Roll on the next few weeks :)
    I hear you! I have very low tolerance levels for nonsense in my house at the minute!!!!!

How many weeks left have you?
    I am officially 35 weeks on Thursday.

I hear you! I have very low tolerance levels for nonsense in my house at the minute!!!!!

How many weeks left have you?
    I am officially 35 weeks on Thursday.

I'm 35 weeks but I have pre-eclampsia so won't be going to 40+ weeks. I hope to get to 38/39 all going well.

Has anyone here any experience with being induced?

I'm 35 weeks but I have pre-eclampsia so won't be going to 40+ weeks. I hope to get to 38/39 all going well.

Has anyone here any experience with being induced?

No experience of being induced. Hopefully not long for you now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Plum Pud

Hey plastic heart, jumping in from the Sept thread... I had pre-eclampsia on my last pregnancy and was induced at 37 weeks. I was brought in on the Sunday evening, given the gel at 10pm and had her the next day. Now, unfortunately, I ended up in an emcs scenario after labouring for a short time but it was honestly a really lovely experience. The staff were great with me and kept the whole thing nice and calm, I wouldn't have changed anything about my birth because I really loved it all. I hope this helps, please don't hesitate to contact me if you need any more info :)

Plum Pud wrote: »
    Hey plastic heart, jumping in from the Sept thread... I had pre-eclampsia on my last pregnancy and was induced at 37 weeks. I was brought in on the Sunday evening, given the gel at 10pm and had her the next day. Now, unfortunately, I ended up in an emcs scenario after labouring for a short time but it was honestly a really lovely experience. The staff were great with me and kept the whole thing nice and calm, I wouldn't have changed anything about my birth because I really loved it all. I hope this helps, please don't hesitate to contact me if you need any more info :)

Aww thanks for the reply Plum Pud! I was a bit concerned if I am induced I may end up with an emcs and that sounded worrisome but your experience sounds grand, I wouldn't mind that too much at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Plum Pud

Aww thanks for the reply Plum Pud! I was a bit concerned if I am induced I may end up with an emcs and that sounded worrisome but your experience sounds grand, I wouldn't mind that too much at all.

No problem at all, you're very welcome. Unfortunately we get met with the horror stories of induction and emcs's but not all of them are horrors. My only thing was I found out at 35 weeks I was being induced at 37 and I feel I would have liked a bit more time but that was just because it was my first and I was nervous of what to expect :) but I really loved every bit of it.. Weird I know, the theatre bit can be daunting, but it honestly was really nice because there's so many medical professionals there for you and baby... Its getting your head around how many people are there with you but it really is grand.

I hope everyone is keeping well!
    I have been feeling a lot of pressure down below. People are telling me the bump has dropped and changed shape.
    I could barely walk yesterday.....it was a waddle!!
    No more long trips for me anymore. I was driving home yesterday with full on braxton hicks.
    35 weeks now. Hopefully not too much longer.

• Advertisement

I hope everyone is keeping well!
    I have been feeling a lot of pressure down below. People are telling me the bump has dropped and changed shape.
    I could barely walk yesterday.....it was a waddle!!
    No more long trips for me anymore. I was driving home yesterday with full on braxton hicks.
    35 weeks now. Hopefully not too much longer.

I've been the same for the last week. Very uncomfortable driving and bump definitely much lower. 37 weeks yesterday. Other than discomfort I'm feeling fine though.

Girls the Rotunda, updated their visiting restrictions yesterday :)
    https://rotunda.ie/visitor-information/

Girls the Rotunda, updated their visiting restrictions yesterday :)
    https://rotunda.ie/visitor-information/

Saw that on Instagram earlier. I'm in NMH so hopefully they follow soon. :)

I'm 36 weeks now, feeling very uncomfortable and tired but otherwise fine. Bump feels lower and I'm definitely starting to waddle!

I'm 36 weeks now, feeling very uncomfortable and tired but otherwise fine. Bump feels lower and I'm definitely starting to waddle!

Fingers crossed!!!
    I am 36 weeks on Thursday!
    Feeling yuck. At bit on edge feeling I could go into labour at any time. I would love to get to 38 weeks! Have an appointment on Friday.

Fingers crossed!!!
    I am 36 weeks on Thursday!
    Feeling yuck. At bit on edge feeling I could go into labour at any time. I would love to get to 38 weeks! Have an appointment on Friday.

I have an appointment on Friday too. I'm also hoping to get to 38 weeks. Can't believe we're into the final few weeks now!

Can't believe we're into the final few weeks now!

Thank God!!!!
    I braved Dundrum today. It was sooooo quiet. Just went to m and s. Baby essential clothes are non existent in the place! Not 1 pack of babygrows in a 0-3m or 3-6 m!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

In hospital on ward waiting to be called for my section am a bag of nerves and excitement can’t believe today is the day I meet my little bundle am 37 + 5 so hopefully bubs is well cooked.

rosiem wrote: »
    In hospital on ward waiting to be called for my section am a bag of nerves and excitement can’t believe today is the day I meet my little bundle am 37 + 5 so hopefully bubs is well cooked.

The very best of luck Rosie, you won't feel it and you'll have yere little baby in arms.

Omg!!! Fab!! Sooooo exciting :)

• Advertisement

Very best of luck Rosie! So excited for you!

Advertisement