Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosslare Container Migrants disappear from Direct Provision Centre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Seamai wrote: »
    I often feel like a voice in the wilderness in my opinion that we have to have a harder border between the Republic and the North should Brexit come to pass to protect OURSELVES.

Then get the EU to send French and Germans to man it so neither side will take pot shots at it.

An EU border is less problematic than an Irish one.

The tide is turning…

Surely as a duty of care the government should have their photos now up seeking information as to their wherabouts, what if some slave trader has taken them?

Waste of time.

These people are "sans papers" to many authorities now and they have washed their hands of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Anyone else see the documentary Smuggled on channel 4 about 2 weeks ago,
    It was mainly about how easy it was to get into the UK, just an experiment with ordinary people.
    One case where the came from France into Rosslare then travelled up the north.
    Worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

wellwhynot wrote: »
    Agreed. It is incomprehensible that there was no monitoring at all. I believe 9 have fled up North.

With Brexit and the huge border issue ongoing I am shocked at the incompetence of our government. Already many of our failed asylum seekers have disappeared assumed gone up North to get to the UK.

Can someone competent please take control of our borders please?

I'm not shocked at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Waste of time.

These people are "sans papers" to many authorities now and they have washed their hands of them.

In the interests of Fairness,Equality,Freedom of Movement,Information and Parity of Esteem etc,it should be noted that being "sans papiers" is the very FIRST item on the young emigré checklist. Item no. 1. Do NOT be in possession of ANY ideniity or Travel Documentation.

Minister Flanagan is to be commended on his reluctance to be fully handwashed on the issue,whilst all around him the electorate is busy drying it's lamhaí...

Wasting valuable Ministerial time....

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Someone in the Irish government is going to get an ear full from the UK government and rightfully so.

Irish government don't seem to care who enters illegally or leaves the country illegally.

Clowns the lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

road_high wrote: »
    Who says they’re even gone to England? They could be holed up anywhere here

This is the thing.

Very much doubt any kind of risk assessment was done in the few hours the Irish authorities had them in their “control”.

Vague reports they were Kurds who wanted to go to the UK and ended up here....

Let’s be honest They could literally be up to anything and we the public are none the wiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭johnnyfruitcake

Maybe they might go on a mass stabbing spree and then the government might actually look at the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 15,870 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Looks like Verona Murphy was correct. She might top the poll now.

Other politicians take note. We are not idiots even if you treat us as if we are.

This issue will not go away now. Silly taxpayers money and handholding towards what is largely a bunch of rich people who are in a position to pay traffickers for this. And we don't have a clue who they are.

We are being taken for mugs. I often wonder what is the force behind the benevolence towards those who arrive illegally, undocumented and mainly bogus. It's a bit weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,670 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Maybe they might go on a mass stabbing spree and then the government might actually look at the problem

Unfortunately things like this (huge incidents of antisocial and threatening behaviour) are already happening in certain parts of Leinster and being loudly ignored and dismissed by our media and advocate types. We've also seen attempts at a mass "smash and grab" in Cork recently that was twarted at the last moment.

It probably will take a mass attack in this country before the Government is forced to take action - and by then it'll probably be too late.

We always seem to have to do things the hard way. We're great at looking for "attaboys" from abroad, not so much at learning from their mistakes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

We are being taken for mugs. I often wonder what is the force behind the benevolence towards those who arrive illegally, undocumented and mainly bogus. It's a bit weird.

I'd say the issue with them is that they're too soft hearted to admit it to themselves, I can understand that many are coming from utterly horrible situations but at the same time many of us are wary of taking in people like this, multiculturism is a failure of a policy when those who come dont integrate or worse push regressive and obsolete views on society and wall themaelves off from the rest of the community.

On top of that its obvious that theres those are gaming the system to get in, those that came on the boat should have been deported back to France and asylum should not be offered unless they legally present themselves at a point of entry to the state, if they're found to have entered the state illegally then they should be returned to the last state they came from.

I honestly think this will become less of an issue if theres a UI vote passing in a few years as there wont be a back door into the UK at that point. They dont want to come here in general as they'll be left in the DP system in limbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭iHungry

Who the hell is running this country? It's beyond belief what's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

Guy on RTE radio show this morning, Refugee Council of Ireland...
    Saying Ireland can support 7 - 8 million population - we should be investing more in infrastructure to plan for this.

Other politicians take note. We are not idiots even if you treat us as if we are.

This issue will not go away now. Silly taxpayers money and handholding towards what is largely a bunch of rich people who are in a position to pay traffickers for this. And we don't have a clue who they are.

Waste of a vote if you think Verona Murphy is going to be and different than rest of the spineless politicians we already have.
    I lost any respect i had for her, when she ran off to the refugee center the following day with Flanagan and ticked off like a schoolkid.
    Above all people she was at the coal face of transport industry, and knows the problems with illegal immigration into the country and what transport companies have to deal with every day of the week.
    So as soon as she spoke up, she was shut down and she accepted it, so in my book she will be just another nodding robot.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭wellwhynot

We are being enriched. Multiculturalism is our strength. All asylum seekers to Ireland are families and women fleeing war. We are the land of a thousand welcomes. The Irish emigrated during the famine so it is only fair we accept absolutely anyone who comes to our shores and transport them to the nearest hotel all expenses paid.

The government and media is trying to brain wash us with above when THEIR own statistics not estimated or guesstimated show that 97% are not accepted because they are bogus.

If the fakers were deported immediately nstead of spending €200 million per year on direct provision accommodation it would cost €6 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,283 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Murphy was correct and if she hadn't bottled it and went back on what she said I think she would have a lot more respect from voters but she bowed to pressure from FG and begged forgivness for doing nothing wrong at all.

Grealish might have got his figures wrong on what he said in the Dail but the speech he made in Oughterard saying a lot of them just come here to play the system was 100% correct, and more importantly he didn't fall on his sword when the D4 media and spineless liberal left TDs attacked him.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,870 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

mgn wrote: »
    Waste of a vote if you think Verona Murphy is going to be and different than rest of the spineless politicians we already have.
    I lost any respect i had for her, when she ran off to the refugee center the following day with Flanagan and ticked off like a schoolkid.
    Above all people she was at the coal face of transport industry, and knows the problems with illegal immigration into the country and what transport companies have to deal with every day of the week.
    So as soon as she spoke up, she was shut down and she accepted it, so in my book she will be just another nodding robot.

Oh I know, I am as sceptical as anyone about politicians.

But she opened up the issue in fairness, and whether she complies with PC regulations going forward or not is not the issue, it is the fact that she had the cojones to mention it in the first place.

Opens up the debate somewhat. Anyway I am not hopeful that ordinary people's views will be taken account when we are muzzled by a compliant media who just toe the party line all the time and are totally on the side of mass immigration and doing away with DP and all the rest of it.

Good job we have forums where we can air our views impartially.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭wellwhynot

wellwhynot wrote: »
    We are being enriched. Multiculturalism is our strength. All asylum seekers to Ireland are families and women fleeing war. We are the land of a thousand welcomes. The Irish emigrated during the famine so it is only fair we accept absolutely anyone who comes to our shores and transport them to the nearest hotel all expenses paid.

The government and media is trying to brain wash us with above when THEIR own statistics not estimated or guesstimated show that 97% are not accepted because they are bogus.

If the fakers were deported immediately nstead of spending €200 million per year on direct provision accommodation it would cost €6 million.

I meant to add that I have zero problem with people that came here to work through proper legal channels EU/non-EU and believe we have benefitted from having them here.

iHungry wrote: »
    Who the hell is running this country? It's beyond belief what's going on.

There is a clown called Leo running the show.
    The same Leo can do no wrong, everyone from the print/media and RTE are scared sh*tless to say anything about him, why you might ask, because the would be branded racist or homophobic, the man is beyond useless but never held to account because the know what will be made of out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭bloopy

Why are the government showing such a lackadaisical attitude to this f***-up.
    There are 11 people who illegally entered the country. We don't know who they are, their backgrounds, where they have gone or even if they are still in the country.

And the governments response is a big auld 'Meh!' .
    What the hell are we doing here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Guy on RTE radio show this morning, Refugee Council of Ireland...
    Saying Ireland can support 7 - 8 million population - we should be investing more in infrastructure to plan for this.

This.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,045 ✭✭✭bigroad

It looks like our government couldn't care less about the safety of the Irish citizen.
    Unfortunately it will take a murder/rape/truck into crowd ect before Leo and fg/ff to wake up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I can't believe this story. It's just mad. I read that there's a possibility the driver of the truck was gassed so that he slept through the breach into the container. Then these migrants are offered asylum which they don't really have to take - they can be just left to wander around the country and we don't know who they are, if they are a security threat or not?

It's making a mockery of our borders and security for our citezins. But it's just shrug the shoulders and move on...unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

mgn wrote: »
    she will be just another nodding robot.

Most people know these apologies are just a little stunt to keep the media happy, nobody gives a **** really.

I have no idea how she is predicted to do but this week would surely have improved her chances overall? A lot more publicity than the other candidates combined.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

You mixed up sides I'm afraid. 95% of illegal immigrants and asylum seekers in Ireland came from UK.

And 93.7% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I presume you have a source to back up the above claim?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,268 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Mules wrote: »
    Why are the migrants so keen to go to the UK from France. Are the French less generous with benefits or is there something else?

Much easier to work under the radar in Britain, more generous welfare on top of that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Danzy wrote: »
    Much easier to work under the radar in Britain, more generous welfare on top of that.
    Whatever about working under the radar which is true D, no way do they have more generous welfare than Ireland. The dole in the UK is around a third of what is awarded here. Carers and disability allowances are way less and far harder to get too. Outside of economic dodgy European nations the UK has one of the lowest social safety nets in Europe. While the social welfare system is in need of an overhaul here as far as the chancers go you'd not want to be down on your luck in the UK relying on their system.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,467 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Seamai wrote: »
    I often feel like a voice in the wilderness in my opinion that we have to have a harder border between the Republic and the North should Brexit come to pass to protect OURSELVES.

That's because you are spinning fairytales. A harder border of any practical design would merely inconvenience people without having any affect on illegal immigrants etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

The Govt are under orders from the EU and financial elites to dilute the population of Ireland (to the point of indigenous Irish becoming a minority) with immigrants/migrants... a plantation in other words.

The reasons for this are multifaceted, firstly to dissolve any sense of Nationhood and essentially abolish the Nation State in order that there is little or no resistance to the coming Eu federal superstate. Divided nations cannot come together to resist the Globalist onslaught.
    Another reason is the GDP driven ponzi scheme which needs endless increasing numbers of new consumers to prop up the system.
    Most Irish people will reject this hypothesis but it is a plain as day that this is whats happening.

You're witnessing another planned and deliberate plantation of Ireland and the idea that its simply incompetence by the Govt is of course nonsense..they know exactly what they're doing.
    The problem is the 'Paddy Last' Micks will only have the courage and brains to acknowledge whats happening at the point when its far too late to stop it..and this is exactly what our leaders are counting on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

Our gardai,our p.c. left Libbie's etc are to blame, FFS just as well Isis don't plan on arriving ( try) we as a so called sovereign state-need to cop the Fu*k on

Advertisement