Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosslare Container Migrants disappear from Direct Provision Centre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

john4321 wrote: »
    I was initially responding to your post where you said

"That 8 Million target MUST be filled !"

when you then replied and said

"Apologies for that...I see that figure was amended to 10 Million on live Wireless this morning."

Now you say

"Mine would be in the lower hundreds"

Just trying to figure out what you are actually on about?

OK....

There is an emerging point of view from the Immigrant Council of Ireland and other members of the Immigration sector,that Ireland is not taking either enough immigrants,or at a fast enough pace.

The recent public pronouncements refer to 7-8 Million as a desireable and sustainable population goal.

One figure,then spoke on Radio of 10 Million being sustainable.

Our current population is c.5,000,000 and rising,and I am suggesting that this figure is just fine and should be allowed to develop at it's own controlled pace,rather than be driven by some suspect policy which appears predicated upon huge increases in immigrants,with commensurably large increases in sidebar groups such as Asylum seekers.

Our realistic capacity for asylum seekers is no more than a couple of hundred per anum,dependent upon available resources.

There is no point in accepting vast numbers of people into a society not yet operating at an acceptable level for it's current population,and simply hoping for the best.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Our current population isn't sustainable, there's already a shortage of housing, school places and hospital beds with a substandard public transport system.
    Can't imagine had an absolute **** hole the place would be with a population over 8m.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

AlekSmart wrote: »
    OK....

There is an emerging point of view from the Immigrant Council of Ireland and other members of the Immigration sector,that Ireland is not taking either enough immigrants,or at a fast enough pace.

There wouldn't be any hint of any self serving empire building in that point of view now would there?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I take everything those NGOs say with a large dollop of scepticism as they have vested interests in the migrant industry cash cow

• Registered Users Posts: 39,570 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Our current population isn't sustainable, there's already a shortage of housing, school places and hospital beds with a substandard public transport system.

Of course it is FFS.

The problems with Housing and Health is inept management and planning from successive governance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    You asked for evidence of immigrant murder and rape and were handed it.
    Then you changed it to asylum seekers.
    Very relevant.
    Try again.

Cute.

My post specifically asked for evidence of asylum seekers committing rape and murder.

Try again, quote my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Boggles wrote: »
    The problems with Housing and Health is inept management and planning from successive governance.
    of course it is. but which should come first;

fixing this inept management or focusing on increasing the population?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I take everything those NGOs say with a large dollop of scepticism as they have vested interests in the migrant industry cash cow

There's a large cohort making a cushy living off all this. Same for the so called "homelessness" industry. None of these people have any aim to solve or end any of these problems as they'd be out of a job.
    The more migrants= more pointless support jobs with made up titles with 6 figure salaries.

of course it is. but which should come first;

fixing this inept management or focusing on increasing the population?

They are not mutually exclusive. It's the very reason we spend millions on a census.

They are not mutually exclusive. It's the very reason we spend millions on a census.
    i'd agree they shouldnt be mutually exclusive. we should be able to handle both at the same time but all the evidence suggest we cant. all the evidence suggest we cant sort out our services and infrastructure without factoring in outside population increase btw. Only very slow people would actually blame immigrants but to suggest they have no impact is also nonsense.

• Advertisement

i'd agree they shouldnt be mutually exclusive. we should be able to handle both at the same time but all the evidence suggest we cant. all the evidence suggest we cant sort out our services and infrastructure without factoring in outside population increase btw. Only very slow people would actually blame immigrants but to suggest they have no impact is also nonsense.

Immigrants are more than likely to be working, adding to the tax pot and of an age that would not put a strain on services like health.

The narrative that their impact is negative in nature only, is something "very slow people" can't mentally digest.

Immigrants are more than likely to be working, adding to the tax pot and of an age that would not put a strain on services like health.

The narrative that their impact is negative in nature only, is something "very slow people" can't mentally digest.
    asylum seekers are not more likely to be working, are they?

and the tax take is irrelevant, its the management that is the issue.

The opposite is true- Any stats I've seen and they've been quoted regularly here states various migrant groups are multiple times more likely to be living off state benefits vs the rest of the population. The ostriches then usually go on to claim it's because the Irish are so racist :rolleyes:

asylum seekers are not more likely to be working, are they?

and the tax take is irrelevant, its the management that is the issue.

Which is it, or is it the usual predicable shifting the goal posts to suit the agenda?

Asylum Seekers up until very recently couldn't work, they can now but with very strict conditions.

and immigrants also get old

Which is it, or is it the usual predicable shifting the goal posts to suit the agenda?
    my only agenda is to be allowed discuss these issues without being painted as hitler

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

road_high wrote: »
    There's a large cohort making a cushy living off all this. Same for the so called "homelessness" industry. None of these people have any aim to solve or end any of these problems as they'd be out of a job.
    The more migrants= more pointless support jobs with made up titles with 6 figure salaries.

It's a great 'little' earner for speculators and owners of decrepit hotels who can fill them with the homeless, migrants etc.

https://www.laoistoday.ie/2019/03/15/montague-and-hazel-hotels-to-be-retained-as-direct-provision-centres/

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭wellwhynot

Immigrants which includes EU immigrants are more likely to be working. Migrants who come here via the asylum route are more likely not. Ireland doesn’t release stats on whether asylum seekers are working or not but other EU countries do so I would imagine our figure is somewhere in the middle:

Sweden 90% of asylum seekers who arrived in 2015 are unemployed
    https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2019/10/05/sweden-90-percent-2015-migrants-residency-status-are-unemployed/

Germany 65% still unemployed
    https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2019/01/31/germany-majority-refugees-still-jobless/

U.K. 51% of asylum seekers unemployed
    http://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2019-04-25-new-report-explores-barriers-employment-refugees-and-‘asylum-migrants’#

We only have African stats for Ireland. 45% are employed
    https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.rte.ie/amp/1009164/

my only agenda is to be allowed discuss these issues without being painted as hitler

If you are discussing immigration the vast vast vast majority of which are not Refugees but you constantly focus on the thin edge of the wedge in a negative fashion, you will be painting your own portrait, that's on you no one else.

wellwhynot wrote: »
    Migrants who come here via the asylum route are more likely not.

And why do you think that might be, do you think it could be fairly nuanced or just what I suspect you think?

• Advertisement

If you are discussing immigration the vast vast vast majority of which are not Refugees but you constantly focus on the thin edge of the wedge in a negative fashion, you will be painting your own portrait, that's on you no one else.
    any discussion of any aspect of any immigrant community that is not glowingly positive is called racist. you know this. also this thread is about ASers

any discussion of any aspect of any immigrant community that is not glowingly positive is called racist. you know this. also this thread is about ASers

Also even mentioning any particular race in the stsats is also "racist". Which is very convienent indeed.

:confused:

Anyway, it's pretty simple, if someone is being a little racist bollíx they will be called racist.

The first tell tale sign is they usually spunk out the line "I'm not racist, I'm just concerned about immigration" - usually backed up with a pack of conspiracy theories, whilst they ignore the vast vast vast majority of immigrants and focus constantly and solely on Asylum Seekers / Refugees.

But you know this.

:confused:

Anyway, it's pretty simple, if someone is being a little racist bollthey will be called racist.

The first tell tale sign is they usually spunk out the line "I'm not racist, I'm just concerned about immigration" - usually backed up with a pack of conspiracy theories, whilst they ignore the vast vast vast majority of immigrants and focus constantly and solely on Asylum Seekers / Refugees.

But you know this.

ASers; Asylum Seekers.

anyway carry on, the closing down of this debate has worked great elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

ASers; Asylum Seekers.

Ignore list. There is no debating with some.
    Not one good reason for all this ****e only a money spinner for those that be. We help people as nation how we can and what were able to do for them in need of genuine help. After that if ya don't like it my suggestion is. Get on a plane go over and help these people if your so concerned

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Cordell

Mules wrote: »
    Why are the migrants so keen to go to the UK from France. Are the French less generous with benefits or is there something else?

They won't be getting benefits as undocumented, but they will "integrate" in the existing communities there and work off the books. Also, once they're in illegal immigration enforcement in UK is virtually non-existing.

ASers; Asylum Seekers.

Just say Asylum Seekers then. :confused:

How I am "closing down debate" when I am clearly responding to your posts is bizarre.

Just say Asylum Seekers then. :confused:

How I am "closing down debate" when I am clearly responding to your posts is bizarre.
    well the suggestion that i'm a "little racist bollix" is hardly conducive to civilised discussion. i am the child of an immigrant, married to an immigrant and live in an area of high welfare dependence. i dont talk about these matters from some ivory tower.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭wellwhynot

And why do you think that might be, do you think it could be fairly nuanced or just what I suspect you think?

I believe it is due to a number of factors; language skills, prejudice/racism, cultural differences, welfare rates and levels of education.

I don’t care what your race, colour or creed is if you come here to work and applied through the legal channels you are more than welcome. Genuine asylum seekers also more than welcome too and let’s help with all the above barriers.

Bogus asylum seekers costing us 100’s of millions in DP and then more as they go on welfare, have a safe flight home.

Can you imagine if we had efficient processing and timely deportations? We would have so much more to spend on integrating the real asylum seekers. There would be none of this dumping in towns in the middle of night and this thread (and many like this) would not exist. The governments inefficiency on this has divided the country.

• Advertisement

well the suggestion that i'm a "little racist bollix" is hardly conducive to civilised discussion. i am the child of an immigrant, married to an immigrant and live in an area of high welfare dependence. i dont talk about these matters from some ivory tower.

Link or an apology please, I called you no such thing.

Advertisement