Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dirty, dreary, expensive, nothing to do

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Greyfox

randomspud wrote: »
    It's a national disgrace and the only people that defend it are the people who are deluded enough to pay a fortune to live in the utter kip.

Hahaha.. It's a 100 times better than the kip you live in. Dublin is a magnificent and wonderful city, besides the weather its got everything you could ever possibly need. A few bad areas doesn't make a place a kip it just makes it a normal big city. I'd rather live somewhere with lots of choice and variety than live in a boreing town

• Registered Users Posts: 17,843 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

If you lived outside Dublin you might understand how Dublin has bled the rural communities dry as politicians continue to bleed Ireland for the sake of votes. Tiz somewhat sad but it's natural. There is no other way for it to work

ten out of ten on the trolling!

the amount of revenue generated by dublin that flows out of here to rural ireland, is insane! but hey, dont we have buses etc up here, truly world class transport for a city of well over a million. The equivalent size on the continent only have several metro lines etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,850 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Greyfox wrote: »
    Hahaha.. It's a 100 times better than the kip you live in. Dublin is a magnificent and wonderful city, besides the weather its got everything you could ever possibly need. A few bad areas doesn't make a place a kip it just makes it a normal big city. I'd rather live somewhere with lots of choice and variety than live in a boreing town

And that's why it's each to their own. I've lived in cities, but was brought up in the country, and there's no comparison. The quiet life is the best life, and you just don't get that in big cities. Limerick wasn't too bad after 4am until about 7am, and sometimes you'd get quiet from 1am on (mid-week, non-student nights). Country, it's always quiet!

I actually feel sorry for city folk who don't get to view the sky without light pollution. I've often driven home while still dark, got out of the car and just stood, staring up into the sky and in absolute awe of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

And that's why it's each to their own. I've lived in cities, but was brought up in the country, and there's no comparison. The quiet life is the best life, and you just don't get that in big cities. Limerick wasn't too bad after 4am until about 7am, and sometimes you'd get quiet from 1am on (mid-week, non-student nights). Country, it's always quiet!

I actually feel sorry for city folk who don't get to view the sky without light pollution. I've often driven home while still dark, got out of the car and just stood, staring up into the sky and in absolute awe of it.
    The mental hospital in Ballinasloe is full of people who stand out in the road, lookin up at the sky with their mouth open

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 114 ✭✭Joker2019

I live in Dublin myself and while I don't think it's a dump and I disagree with the people saying it's full of junkies etc. I do think it is a little dull and drab. I think lacks unique character in parts espeicially on the Northside around the O'Connell Street area.

I don't think O'Connell Street is that bad in terms of crime etc. but I think it looks bad in terms of the type of retail outlets that occupy virtually the entire street is either Spar/Londis, Slots, dodgy looking pub, fast food restaurant or coffee shop it seems.

• Advertisement
Advertisement