Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackrock Boys engage in some of the greatest horseplay of all time.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Did you read it?

What does it say

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Signed it myself. I don’t see any problem with ensuring the “integrity” of the competition, as long as it’s safe to do so, even if it’s “behind closed doors”, I see no reason why they shouldn’t play.

My only real “issue” with the Senior Cup final is that it’s two teams from Kildare involved. Gives it more of an air of a “Vinnie Murray” final but that’s neither here nor there.

Of course you ''did''.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Omackeral wrote: »
    Saw this on the covid-19 thread and it's amazing.

In fairness this has nothing to do with Blackrock or their alumni, they did not reach the final.

Newbridge did reach it however. I am gutted for the school, I think it was to be their first final in 50 odd years. They would have been playing against Clongowes ,you could call it a Derby. It was huge for Newbridge.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/schools-rugby/it-was-a-rollercoaster-that-kept-on-going-how-a-team-on-the-tipp-border-turned-leinster-schools-rugby-upside-down-39027829.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

'All four finalist teams and all those associated with their respective schools are disappointed and outraged. There is no reason whatsoever why these games should not be held behind closed doors to determine a winner. The final fixtures will be played irrespective of the nature of the contest - whether the results be official or unofficial.

This is a matter of great pride for all those involved with the respective schools - not to mention the biggest match of a lot of these players' careers, should they be a sixth-year student.

We, therefore, demand the finals to be played at some point in the future. They could be played behind closed doors, or even still in front of a crowd, should the COVID-19 situation diminish as quickly as it has escalated. They could be played just about anytime before next season's Leinster Schools Rugby League starts - which gives until about October.'

The bold is my emphasis.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,576 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Omackeral wrote: »
    Of course you ''did''.

If the League of Ireland can start back up in June why would it be a “problem” for the Leinster Schools rugby finals to take place some time around September/October?

Not sure what level of “social distancing” will be necessary in June but one would hope it would be enough to keep the Bohs and Rovers “fans” apart on the streets of Phibsborough.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,061 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Whats the problem with wanting play 1 or 2 games to finish a competition when this thing clears?

Not sure what the outrage is here. They are not wanting to play this in middle of this crisis, only when it's over.

Whats the problem with wanting play 1 or 2 games to finish a competition when this thing clears?

Not sure what the outrage is here. They are not wanting to play this in middle of this crisis, only when it's over.

The petitioners are, by their own admission, the ones outraged.

Then let them finish the competition. I insist.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Looptheloop30

Biggest game of their careers......

Dickheads

PCeeeee wrote: »
    This is a matter of great pride for all those involved with the respective schools - not to mention the biggest match of a lot of these players' careers, should they be a sixth-year student.

I hope they’ve the same determination should they be part of a World Cup squad.

• Advertisement

Not sure what level of “social distancing” will be necessary in June but one would hope it would be enough to keep the Bohs and Rovers “fans” apart on the streets of Phibsborough.

You know as well as I do that they're terrified to get within ''close quarters'' for any more than a sly ''cheap shot''. They self-isolate in these ''mill-ups'', nothing but a bunch of ''pavement dancers'' and posers.

It’s all in jest.

Bobblehats wrote: »
    It’s all in jest.

I don't get you? What do you mean? Hard to make sense of that.

Oh, are you trying to say it's all ''in jest'', is it?

**** off mack :pac:

Bobblehats wrote: »
    **** off mack :pac:

'':pac:''

PCeeeee wrote: »
    'All four finalist teams and all those associated with their respective schools are disappointed and outraged. There is no reason whatsoever why these games should not be held behind closed doors to determine a winner. The final fixtures will be played irrespective of the nature of the contest - whether the results be official or unofficial.

We, therefore, demand the finals to be played at some point in the future. They could be played behind closed doors, or even still in front of a crowd, should the COVID-19 situation diminish as quickly as it has escalated. They could be played just about anytime before next season's Leinster Schools Rugby League starts - which gives until about October.'

The bold is my emphasis.

I think you need to remember that you are judging the frustrated yearnings of an adolescent rugby fanatic. This is a big deal for a 17 year old kid.

I am sure I had the same level of petulance at that age, it is completely normal behaviour all things considered. School kids haven't a clue, it is unfair to judge them so harshly, all things considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

I have to say I feel for these guys. The senior cup final is a serious sporting competition. These guys would have poured their heart and soul in to this for the past five years realistically. It's every boys dream who goes to a decent school to play and win a senior cup. Particularly difficult for newbridge and clongowes who haven't won it in a very long time.

Im in an alumni WhatsApp group (neither of the schools in question) and word is a venue and date has been selected and that the players themselves are all lined up to play in June. Best of luck to them and hope word of the location doesn't get out.

You can't chop the wood! #clongowes2020

It's every boys dream who goes to a decent school to play and win a senior cup.

:pac::pac::pac:

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I think you need to remember that you are judging the frustrated yearnings of an adolescent rugby fanatic. This is a big deal for a 17 year old kid.

I am sure I had the same level of petulance at that age, it is completely normal behaviour all things considered. School kids haven't a clue, it is unfair to judge them so harshly, all things considered.

Teenagers are petulant. We should not encourage it. It doesn't make for great adults.

I have to say I feel for these guys. The senior cup final is a serious sporting competition. These guys would have poured their heart and soul in to this for the past five years realistically. It's every boys dream who goes to a decent school to play and win a senior cup. Particularly difficult for newbridge and clongowes who haven't won it in a very long time.

200.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

When I grew up I dreamt of being a baseball.

Ush1 wrote: »
    When I grew up I dreamt of being a baseball.

I dreamt of touching a basketball

I dreamt of Pamela Anderson myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Anyone have a link to that video of the Blackrock lads doing their dressing room chant thing?

Told a buddy of mine about it and he couldnt believe it

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭candycock

Guys in the Rock are soooooo random like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

The original post should of come, with rage enducement. Should of punched my self in the balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

This thread is just a load of bitter League of Ireland sorts trying to make fun out of some drunk teenagers on holidays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

This thread is just a load of bitter League of Ireland sorts trying to make fun out of some drunk teenagers on holidays.

Impotent middle aged nobodies raging at rich kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Big "League of Ireland" heads on them.....wha ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,576 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Big "League of Ireland" heads on them.....wha ?

There’s a lot more of “them” out there since United went shít, N.

Most seem to have “gravitated” towards Bohs or Rovers but those numbers could drop again if Man U start to turn things around in the next 8-10 years.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Advertisement