Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackrock Boys engage in some of the greatest horseplay of all time.

Options

Comments

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    Or, indeed, if it ever happened (it never happened).

Indeed, people sh1tting on about fictitious events involving stereotypical D4 insufferables is tragically sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The accent is a bit painful but it's not a patch on PJ Gallaghers one, he's torture to listen to on the radio.

What’s even more torturous is Jim McCabe Dublining up his accent and trying to be one of the lads. He always seems not quite sure how Dubliny to go.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Oh I just love the D4 accent and humour, dry wit and they're actually nice people.
    Especially when they are down the country, great banter and they're very polite and friendly.

Never had a bad experience with them to be honest, and have a few good friends from there.

They're not as standoffish as people say they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

colm_mcm wrote: »
    What’s even more torturous is Jim McCabe Dublining up his accent and trying to be one of the lads. He always seems not quite sure how Dubliny to go.

The male version of Saorise Ronan

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Indeed it did not. If it actually had happened, he would have said "focking", and not "fuckin".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

nthclare wrote: »
    Oh I just love the D4 accent and humour, dry wit and they're actually nice people.
    Especially when they are down the country, great banter and they're very polite and friendly.

Never had a bad experience with them to be honest, and have a few good friends from there.

They're not as standoffish as people say they are.

The genuinely posh Dubs are great craic altogether and so are the ordinary working class too.

The ones I find insufferable are the narcissists who try to pretend they are really posh and then after a few drinks the facade drops. Seems to a be a far higher ratio of them from Dublin compared to all other counties.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

Feisar wrote: »
    Had he ordered a bottle of stout, of the shelf of course. Maybe vintage would be warranted but a pint of draught, nah.

With a small glass!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

shockwave wrote: »
    The male version of Saorise Ronan

With bigger tits

• Registered Users Posts: 12,369 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Why do wealthy middle-class Dubs trigger people so much? the self-assuredness seems to annoy a lot here.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭shutup

mariaalice wrote: »
    Why do wealthy middle-class Dubs trigger people so much? the self-assuredness seems to annoy a lot here.

We live in insecure times. If you can create an enemy you can feel better about yourself.
    “I’m not the problem it’s D4s”
    “I’m not the problem it’s immigrants”
    “I’m not the problem it’s straight white men”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

I don't know anyone named Malachy but the story isn't particularly far fetched. If anything it's quite dull and I don't know why the tweet did the numbers it did

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

colm_mcm wrote: »

Who the f*ck is Jim McCabe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Who the f*ck is Jim McCabe ?

A zany/pain in the hole breakfast radio host.

He's pretty much done the rounds of all the Dublin stations at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

padd b1975 wrote: »
    A zany/pain in the hole breakfast radio host.

He's pretty much done the rounds of all the Dublin stations at this stage.

Not that C*nt Jim Jim ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Not that C*nt Jim Jim ?

No a different lad.

I think he's a slaphead, not that it makes much difference on the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,532 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

padd b1975 wrote: »
    No a different lad.

I think he's a slaphead, not that it makes much difference on the radio.

Now, now, P. Aren’t you forgetting ‘2 Kings 2:23-24’?

Be very careful when mocking a “cue ball”. Very careful.

The tide is turning…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Anyone that has a problem like this has a very very very sad life

If people are not allowed to go on hols and have a bit of laugh without a group of sad jealous individuals having a problem then it’s a fairly sh**y World we live in

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

mariaalice wrote: »

Because put simply, the whole rugger bugger yaw roish brigade are insufferable pains in the hole and the accent cuts through my ears like a knife.

People are perfectly entitled to take the p*ss out of this mob and long may it continue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

FTA69 wrote: »
    Because put simply, the whole rugger bugger yaw roish brigade are insufferable pains in the hole and the accent cuts through my ears like a knife.

People are perfectly entitled to take the p*ss out of this mob and long may it continue.

That's just jealousy!!!

Says more about you than them!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

The biggest pains in the hole in Dublin aren’t the lads from the fee paying schools, but the fücking rude, poorly educated, loud, and obnoxious ‘salt of the earth’ sorts from places like Finglas and Ballyfermot.

Taxi driver sorts with an accent that would wither small plants. You’d find a lot of them in Hill 16 on a match day.

• Advertisement

FTA69 wrote: »

Yo, dude - you realise it's like, a total privilege for someone like you to even, yeah no, hear one of the Übermenschen speak?>

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

The biggest pains in the hole in Dublin aren’t the lads from the fee paying schools, but the fücking rude, poorly educated, loud, and obnoxious ‘salt of the earth’ sorts from places like Finglas and Ballyfermot.

Taxi driver sorts with an accent that would wither small plants. You’d find a lot of them in Hill 16 on a match day.

And they like to think that "da Doob-al-in wit" is famous the world over :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,370 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Another "isn't Dublin a kip and all of its inhabitants a bunch of probable junkies" type comment. I look forward to your tourist guide to Dublin.

Glazers Out!

nullzero wrote: »
    Another "isn't Dublin a kip and all of its inhabitants a bunch of probable junkies" type comment. I look forward to your tourist guide to Dublin.

I live in the place, pal. And like it. All I’m saying is that most lads from the fee paying schools are dead on, while the ‘sure I’m as Doublin as Ronnie Drew’ sorts are nearly always complete fücking arseholes. A lot of working class Jackeens have a very romanticised view of themselves.

I live in the place, pal. And like it. All I’m saying is that most lads from the fee paying schools are dead on, while the ‘sure I’m as Doublin as Ronnie Drew’ sorts are nearly always complete fücking arseholes. A lot of working class Jackeens have a very romanticised view of themselves.

Whiff of focking pov off the dude, like.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,370 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

There are decent and unbearable people in all sections of society. To say most lads from fee paying schools are "dead on" is a ridiculous statement, just as saying working class dubliners are "nearly always complete fvcking arseholes" is a ridiculous statement.

If you have an axe to grind at least admit it's your axe to grind and stop assuming to tar large groups of people with the one brush.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Ronnie Drew was from Dun Leary (as it was known back then).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,532 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

There are decent and unbearable people in all sections of society. To say most lads from fee paying schools are "dead on" is a ridiculous statement, just as saying working class dubliners are "nearly always complete fvcking arseholes" is a ridiculous statement.

If you have an axe to grind at least admit it's your axe to grind and stop assuming to tar large groups of people with the one brush.

While I agree with what you are saying it seems to be fine for people to “punch up” at the D4 heads but it doesn’t work the other way.

Just look at what happened with all that “outrage” over the schools rugby chants of ‘We Pay Fees!’ or ‘Your Father Works For My Father’?

There’s a “double standard” there and no is talking about it.

The tide is turning…

I’ve no axe to grind. It’s my personal opinion based on experience that the commonly held narrative that people from the south side are knobs, while the average True Blue Dub is as sound a man as you’ll ever meet is false.

The True Blue Dub is usually a poorly educated knackball who mistakes vulgarity for wit, and who is jealous of anyone who isn’t as common and lazy as he is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

FTA69 wrote:

FTA69 wrote:

Imo i'd rather listen to those than a pack of scrotes.... at least for a while anyway.

Advertisement