Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifetime VPN €14

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,030 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

travist wrote: »
    That wasn’t my question. My question is whether a refund or chargeback would be possible. I think it won’t since, as you say, it works for most. I’m curious about how the poster expects it’s possible to do a chargeback.

I got a full refund from them, I couldn't get it to work properly on a firestick, it works fine using chrome extension on my mac. The initially offered me credit on their website and I told them that would be of no benefit to me as I had never bought from them before and doubt I would again in the future. A day later they came back with usual "goodwill gesture on this occasion"

Screen-Shot-2019-11-16-at-20-16-54.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

3 hours so far...

VPN paid for, installed on iPhone, Mac and Firestick
    Netflix US working on iPhone
    Netflix US working on MacBook
    Netflix US picking up VPN on Firestick so can't use it
    Disney+ downloaded onto iPhone
    Disney+ not showing in the app search on Firestick
    USD Apple gift care bought from Amazon US
    Amazon shut down my account for 2 hours due to suspicious activity!

Unfortunately i'm using my phone as a remote for my fire stick so the latency is making me pull my hair out! Any tips to solve the above much appreciated! (mainly getting US Netflix working on the fire stick... I'm confident of "getting there" with Disney+

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jkbah

... I'm confident of "getting there" with Disney+

I'm still waiting to get Disney+ on Firestick, I'm thinking of changing location on stick/account to Amazon USA? Could possibly work

jkbah wrote: »
    ... I'm confident of "getting there" with Disney+

I'm still waiting to get Disney+ on Firestick, I'm thinking of changing location on stick/account to Amazon USA? Could possibly work

Yep deffo gunna have to do this. Just need to find out how! I set the VPN to USA, then deregistered the stick and then logged in again but still no luck. More diggjng needed!

BBMcQ wrote: »
    Yep deffo gunna have to do this. Just need to find out how! I set the VPN to USA, then deregistered the stick and then logged in again but still no luck. More diggjng needed!

I have apps sideloaded like the rte player and other unmentionables but I can't find a Disney+ apk anywhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I have apps sideloaded like the rte player and other unmentionables but I can't find a Disney+ apk anywhere
    https://apkpure.com/disney/com.disney.disneyplus

Suckit wrote: »

Thanks but it doesn't seem to be working for me. I get error message "no app found to handle this file" when I try to open the downloaded file. I must be missing something

Thanks but it doesn't seem to be working for me. I get error message "no app found to handle this file" when I try to open the downloaded file. I must be missing something
    Try to install a file browser and install it via that. Something like Amaze File Manager and try to install it from in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,828 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

dulpit wrote: »
    If you just used browser with incognito mode, would that in essence do the same?

I am using it with a Firestick

• Registered Users Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Bought this last night, using a Windows 10 laptop. When selecting a US/UK server with "movies" in the title, this didn't work for BBC or US Netflix. Instead, as others pointed out, using the servers with the BBC iPlayer/Netflix icon worked fine! Delighted with this, thanks OP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

S****.... following this thread is making me realise just how little I know about gadgets!!!!!!

And I thought I was '.cool' having a Fire TV stick!!!

I guess I am becoming an ol' fogey!!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Roddylarge

which VPN service are you guys buying?
    when I click the OPs link it just takes me to a stack social home page.

They seem to offer loads of vpn packages.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,287 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Roddylarge wrote: »
    which VPN service are you guys buying?
    when I click the OPs link it just takes me to a stack social home page.

They seem to offer loads of vpn packages.

KeepSolid VPN Unlimited. Shows as $39, when you add to cart and then go to pay you can add a coupon code VPNDEAL which drops to $15.

It appears that it will expire tomorrow.

if it expires tomorrow there will likely be another similar deal. But this close to Black Friday it may be worth waiting to see what the bigger guys will have to offer if anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Roddylarge

thanks I got it there.
    Seems to be working ok on my phone. Just need to try and get switched to the uk App Store and get the iplayer and itv apps now

Have given up on the firestick, and there was me nearly buying a new one!

Can’t access Netflix US on it. VPN detected.
    Can’t access Disney+ on it. Location not supported.
    Can’t watch Prime Video on it. Location settings.
    Almost unusable with lag when on VPN. Sometimes doesn’t work at all.

At least I’m running smooth on iPhone and Mac thank god. Lucky the VPN was so cheap, would be bulling to pay 30-40 EUR a year.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,030 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

That’s why I got a refund, only purchased it for use on the firestick which proved near impossible

BBMcQ wrote: »
    Have given up on the firestick, and there was me nearly buying a new one!

Can’t access Netflix US on it. VPN detected.
    Can’t access Disney+ on it. Location not supported.
    Can’t wait Prime Video on it. Location settings.
    Almost unusable with lag when on VPN. Sometimes doesn’t work at all.

At least I’m running smooth on iPhone and Max thank god. Lucky the VPN was so cheap, would be bulling to pay 30-40 EUR a year.

That's likely why it didn't work. The higher priced ones should work without issue. Most will also give you a few days or a week trial to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Works fine on my firestick, 4K one. It doesn't work on my old firestick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

Discodog wrote: »
    Cheapest I've seen it. I paid €36. Excellent service that works with iPlayer.

https://stacksocial.com/sales/keepsolid-vpn-unlimited-lifetime-subscription-3

Code VPNDEAL

from hotdeals

Is this a once off payment ? Also when I put in the code it brings it down to $15 could that be right ?

Thanks .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Will this work if I wanted to get DAZN from Canada? On a smart TV? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15,828 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Is this a once off payment ? Also when I put in the code it brings it down to $15 could that be right ?

Thanks .

Yes & Yes.

Mine works perfectly on the Firestick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,120 ✭✭✭Invincible

TheDriver wrote: »
    Works fine on my firestick, 4K one. It doesn't work on my old firestick.

Works on both the Alexa enabled version and the newer 4k version.
    Updated the VPN app on both sticks when prompted.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Anybody actually get Disney+ running?

Getting blocked as my paypal is not same country. Can you add a US address for a Revolut card or something along those lines?

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Will this work if I wanted to get DAZN from Canada? On a smart TV? thanks

No Canada server on this vpn has ever worked for DAZN for me. I got this vpn on a similar lifetime deal a few years ago. Windscribe works perfectly for DAZN so I switched to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

No Canada server on this vpn has ever worked for DAZN for me. I got this vpn on a similar lifetime deal a few years ago. Windscribe works perfectly for DAZN so I switched to that.

Thanks for that, and will wind scribe work with a smart tv? or will I need minix/ android box?

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

JeffKenna wrote: »
    I just used my revolut card and changed the address to match the city and postcode my VPN was.

What country did you change it to? As you cant change it to US or Canada as Revolut arent in those countries yet. Im interested to know as im trying to get Disney+ up and running. Thanks

Thanks for that, and will wind scribe work with a smart tv? or will I need minix/ android box?

If the windscribe app can be installed I don't see why not. I have used it successfully on Android phone, iOS, and Android TV faultlessly, but can't confirm for any other platform.

JonnyM wrote: »
    Anybody actually get Disney+ running?

Getting blocked as my paypal is not same country. Can you add a US address for a Revolut card or something along those lines?

Yes, got it running on phone and tablet. Not on Firestick though. I have an email located in USA so can use USA playstore. Pay for subscription through playstore using revolut.

• Advertisement

For Disney+ I signed up using Google Play - create a US google account, sign in to google play with it, add a payment method (I used Curve), install the Disney+ app, sign up through the app on android phone, use Google Play to manage the subscription. The actual payment method is not exposed to Disney this way.

Advertisement