Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifetime VPN €14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭good one

So I bought the VPN and a new 4k Fire stick and I want to set it up to use the BBC Iplayer but its not as per the link in the Keepsolid link for installing on the fire stick.. There doesn't appear to be anywhere to down load the Tinyurl.com/vpnu51 link.

Any chance some one could post a dummies guide please?? :)

Many thanks

Good One

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

good one wrote: »
    So I bought the VPN and a new 4k Fire stick and I want to set it up to use the BBC Iplayer but its not as per the link in the Keepsolid link for installing on the fire stick.. There doesn't appear to be anywhere to down load the Tinyurl.com/vpnu51 link.

Any chance some one could post a dummies guide please?? :)

Many thanks

Good One

You download the Downloader app and that’s where you put in the tinyurl link etc. Using the fire stick is a bit of an education so you’re better off learning how to fish than buying a fish burger!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Can't seem to pay for this deal. I keep getting an error.
    The deal still has an hour or so. Any ideas?

EDIT: Changed PayPal to use USD and it worked. Or maybe they just fixed whatever problem was on the server...

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ciaranmul

TheDriver wrote: »
    I used in Spain too and worked perfectly for ITV hub

Did you manage to play episodes of shows? I can get it to live stream but when I try play a previous show it won't work. Says; "Sorry, this video isn't available right now"

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

ciaranmul wrote: »
    Did you manage to play episodes of shows? I can get it to live stream but when I try play a previous show it won't work. Says; "Sorry, this video isn't available right now"

Clear the cache on the VPN app

• Advertisement

Discodog wrote: »
    Clear the cache on the VPN app

I'm on laptop; Windows 10

I've tried:
    - clearing browsing and cache on chrome, exiting out, restarting computer then launching VPN, selecting UK, then opening Chrome, using chrome browser extension and selecting UK on that also, then opening an incognito tab and trying iPlayer and ITV hub

Nothing working :(

I also have my location turned off on the laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

I used this before and it used to cast fine to the chromecast. Now it only let's me play usa netflix on my phone, not on the chromecast, anytime I try to cst it times out. Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Tried to sign into DAZN using this VPN and I can get in no problem but getting this Error code: 65_075_403 when I try to play any streams. Selecting Germany lets me log in but when I pick Canada it won't , any ideas why?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

It was mostly shows I watched. BBC may not work sometimes but itv or c5 works perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I'm on laptop; Windows 10

I've tried:
    - clearing browsing and cache on chrome, exiting out, restarting computer then launching VPN, selecting UK, then opening Chrome, using chrome browser extension and selecting UK on that also, then opening an incognito tab and trying iPlayer and ITV hub

Nothing working :(

I also have my location turned off on the laptop

What server are you selecting? Choose the servers that have the bbc iplayer icon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Interesting101

Anyone recommend a server to use for IPTV on this VPN?

TheDriver wrote: »
    It was mostly shows I watched. BBC may not work sometimes but itv or c5 works perfectly.

I must be doing something wrong, not working for me. Thanks anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Was looking at Surfshark for 27 months for about 40 quid. Not sure if its better than this offer. I know Iplayer, ITV player etc will work on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

this is not bad for Netflix etc. I wouldn't bother for anything serious like security or anything, torrenting and the like.
    You'd have to ask how long will it last? and why theyre offering it at such low price, I'm guessing they're just trying to increase their user base for the next iteration of their product.

good reviews for VPNs on this site thebestvpn.com

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Was looking at Surfshark for 27 months for about 40 quid. Not sure if its better than this offer. I know Iplayer, ITV player etc will work on it.

Imho, the surfshark is a better option. There's no denying that €14 is a good offer, but there is genuinely no way of knowing how long 'lifetime' will be. They may have drastically reduced the price because they are bringing out a new version in a year. Even if it is 3+ years, I still think the surfshark offer is better. There is no messing about, it just works, including torrenting, BBC iPlayer, Netflix, Amazon etc.
    €40 and you won't think about it. The only thing is, I would imagine like NordVPN and Cyberghost before them the prices will undoubtedly go up.

Customer support is good with Surfshark too.

Also, like ExpressVPN and Nordvpn etc. You can try it for 30 days, and if you are not happy, get a full refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Cerco

Jamie2k9 wrote: »

Have surfshark. IPlayer worked once and not since.
    ITV, CH5 players work fine.
    If you know a way of getting iPlayer to work then let’s know. It loads up fine, can select programme and then fails when you try to play. Tried Manchester & London vpn locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Cerco wrote: »
    Have surfshark. IPlayer worked once and not since.
    ITV, CH5 players work fine.
    If you know a way of getting iPlayer to work then let’s know. It loads up fine, can select programme and then fails when you try to play. Tried Manchester & London vpn locations.

https://www.fastestvpnguide.com/workaround-for-bbc-iplayer-vpn-not-working/

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Dec4

Thinking of buying a new Android TV (Sony) in BF sales.
    Is there any way to have both BBC iPlayer (using VPN) and RTE player both working on it?
    Anyone managed this?
    TIA

Can confirm all my issues sorted by buying the new firestick

Now have Disney+ , US Netflix etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Took out a sub this evening but failing to connect to any server. Receiving the message vpn connection failed. Reason cancelled by user.
    Anyone else come across this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

pissed wrote:
    Took out a sub this evening but failing to connect to any server. Receiving the message vpn connection failed. Reason cancelled by user. Anyone else come across this?

Got my refund yesterday not worth 14 and hassles...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Got my refund yesterday not worth 14 and hassles...

Did you request through PayPal or through their support ?

Have been using Nord up to now and no issues. Failing to get any connection at all on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Baoithin66

If you install on Firestick 4k can you still access Amazon prime through your amazon account on the firestick??

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jkbah

BBMcQ wrote: »
    Can confirm all my issues sorted by buying the new firestick

Now have Disney+ , US Netflix etc

Can I ask how you got Disney working. Mine won't open

jkbah wrote: »
    Can I ask how you got Disney working. Mine won't open

Have u got the Disney+ app downloaded? On the 4K stick, once I pick the Disney+ option on the VPN app, it’s plain sailing (after I set up a Disney+ account on my iPhone by using a US iTunes account and USD gift card!).

Have u got the Disney+ app downloaded? On the 4K stick, once I pick the Disney+ option on the VPN app, it’s plain sailing (after I set up a Disney+ account on my iPhone by using a US iTunes account and USD gift card!).

Yes, have it downloaded but it refuses to open. Have the account set up on my phone and tablet but no joy with Firestick unfortunately. My Firestick is not the 4k one, so maybe that's the problem

jkbah wrote: »
    Yes, have it downloaded but it refuses to open. Have the account set up on my phone and tablet but no joy with Firestick unfortunately. My Firestick is not the 4k one, so maybe that's the problem

The current 4K one and the non-4k one have the same chipset I think. Even without the VPN, the app should open and then say it’s not available in your country etc. I would try restarting the firestick and/or re-downloadin the app.

The current 4K one and the non-4k one have the same chipset I think. Even without the VPN, the app should open and then say it’s not available in your country etc. I would try restarting the firestick and/or re-downloadin the app.

I tried a few different sources for the app and did finally tried apps2fire using actual app. I have a 4k one in the cupboard so will give that a go. Was too lazy to set it up before now. Really appreciate the help though

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Anyone else having problems with iplayer ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Discodog wrote: »
    Anyone else having problems with iplayer ?

Nope, been rock solid on phone, tablet and fire stick. Using it right now actually

Advertisement