Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifetime VPN €14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Invincible wrote: »
    I had trouble earlier, but it's working fine now, I turned off location services in settings on mi box. Watching Seven world's, One planet now ðŸ‘

Its intermittent

I have nvidia shield location turned off. I try the BBC streaming option and doesn't work then try Coventry and other UK server and same issue.

I don't use Netflix so not sure about that.

Been onto customer service re BBC player but still suffering.

Use vpn for other stuff not allowed to be mentioned here

• Registered Users Posts: 15,825 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I had a problem with iplayer programs not loading on the Firestick.

The fix was to delete data on the vpn app.

Discodog wrote: »
    On the Firestick are people using the ITV App or Silk Browser ?

ITV Hub app

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Scottie99

I’m having no issues, very happy with my purchase.

Basil3 wrote: »
    ITV Hub app

How did you get it ? It's not on my Firestick & I can't find a link to side load it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Invincible wrote: »
    Here's the firestick one,as linked by Aquos76 for me couple of days ago.
    https://www.vpnunlimitedapp.com/en/info/manuals/how-to-use-with-amazon-fire-tv

I followed those directions to the letter and it still doesn’t work for me. Frustrating as it would be ideal for Netflix and iPlayer. I don’t know what’s not working with it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

anyone get this onto a chrome book

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jkbah

I followed those directions to the letter and it still doesn’t work for me. Frustrating as it would be ideal for Netflix and iPlayer. I don’t know what’s not working with it.

BBC iPlayer not working for me either. Grrrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Stiofain2006

mooreman09 wrote: »
    I hooked It up to my firestick - works fine. BBC I player/ITV Hub work on the BBC setting. Oddly, the All4 app does not work on UK location but does work on my default Irish IP!

Not yet tried it on US TV. Any suggestions of sites/apps to use there as a test? What Netflix shows are US only?

I m in the same boat as you. Have BbC iPlayer and ITV hub working fine on firestick. But I can't get All4 app to work at all (with VPN or without). Any ideas what I might be doing wrong.

PS - thanks op. Delighted with this purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

jkbah wrote: »

A workmate bought this VPN after me and has a Firestick also. I got him to run it on it and go through what I did and it works for him. I think that it’s not picking up the new servers I route to when I click into other apps. I. Any think of any other ideas why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Stiofain2006

How did you get it ? It's not on my Firestick & I can't find a link to side load it.

Just turn on vpn with UK connection and type ITV hub into search on firestick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

If you have filelinked, there are a good few stores that have the apk.

Just turn on vpn with UK connection and type ITV hub into search on firestick.

Tried that & it's not on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,220 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Using it on my mac, but US Netflix won't play - seems to know I'm using a VPN - any ideas?

Tried using the link on the app but same result.

My firestick came with ITV Hub and BBC iPlayer on it, I'm pretty sure. Don't remember downloading or installing it.

What you could probably do is install ITV Hub on your phone using something like Aptoide, and then send it to the firestick using Apps2Fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭Ryath

Got it last night and couldn't get US Netfilx working at all on Chrome browser extension or on the android app. In incognito mode I was getting a message about being signed into a google guest account and some times message saying I was using a proxy.

Browser extension isn't working this morning says it can't connect to any servers.

App on phone still works and I least managed to sign up and get the BBC iPlayer working. If it works for that alone it's worth it but I really want US Netflix too. Any other setting I can try with this VPN?

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

Have you turned off location on your device?

Have you turned off location on your device?

It's a Firestick, all options relations to data collection are switched off. iPlayer working this morning thankfully. Don't know about Netflix. Thanks op, great purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Got an email about a free trial of 3 months of SmartDNS (you all probably have).

Why would I want to use SmartDNS if I already have the VPN? Would it be more useful in situations where I don't have an interface to create a VPN (like on my Humax HDR-1000S Freesat receiver to watch BBC iPlayer on it?)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

mrcheez wrote: »
    Got an email about a free trial of 3 months of SmartDNS (you all probably have).

Why would I want to use SmartDNS if I already have the VPN? Would it be more useful in situations where I don't have an interface to create a VPN (like on my Humax HDR-1000S Freesat receiver to watch BBC iPlayer on it?)

They are completely different ways of redirecting traffic, too long for explanation here. In short - SmartDNS is very effective in selective region switching.

Let's say you want to have US Netflix, UK Prime and NL HBO Go. With VPN you have to connect to different server every time you want to use any of those apps.

With SmartDNS, the DNS might resolve the streaming addresses to proxies in different geographical locations based on the application or source address. It's transparent and happens without any intervention from the user. It is miles easier to configure SmartDNS on a router or 3rd party device. You don't need any app to redirect the traffic, just modify the DNS configuration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭headnorth

grogi wrote:
    They are completely different ways of redirecting traffic, too long for explanation here. In short - SmartDNS is very effective in selective region switching.

Smartdnsproxy works a dream for me. All UK players, all USA players, Britbox, espn+, Disney+, USA Netflix etc... Working on a firestick, android boxes and countless phones and tablets in the house.

Basil3 wrote: »
    My firestick came with ITV Hub and BBC iPlayer on it, I'm pretty sure. Don't remember downloading or installing it.

What you could probably do is install ITV Hub on your phone using something like Aptoide, and then send it to the firestick using Apps2Fire.

I tried that but it said that my phone was incompatable :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭cheekypup

I tried that but it said that my phone was incompatable :confused:

I had the same problem, so i did a google search for "ITV Hub apk" on my android phone, downloaded it and it works just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Wikidy

Signed up and got Netflix to work, however I couldn't get Amazon Prime Video to work on Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

How long should I have to wait to receive my license?
    My redemption page just has this: "We are currently acquiring your license for this product. Please check back soon."

Liordi wrote: »
    How long should I have to wait to receive my license?
    My redemption page just has this: "We are currently acquiring your license for this product. Please check back soon."

Mine came about 10 hours after I ordered in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

Ah, okay.
    Wanted to watch something on iPlayer tonight so guess I'll just wait until tomorrow rather than refreshing aimlessly.

Ryath wrote: »
    Got it last night and couldn't get US Netfilx working at all on Chrome browser extension or on the android app. In incognito mode I was getting a message about being signed into a google guest account and some times message saying I was using a proxy.

Browser extension isn't working this morning says it can't connect to any servers.

App on phone still works and I least managed to sign up and get the BBC iPlayer working. If it works for that alone it's worth it but I really want US Netflix too. Any other setting I can try with this VPN?

And now the iPlayer isn't working. Started playing Peaky Blinders on in incognito on Chrome playing ok, cast to Tv and it stops saying I'm not in UK. Won't play in browser now even switching to other UK servers. Anything else to try or will I just do a chargeback on paypal? That Smartdns is looking tempting.

Ryath wrote: »
    And now the iPlayer isn't working. Started playing Peaky Blinders on in incognito on Chrome playing ok, cast to Tv and it stops saying I'm not in UK. Won't play in browser now even switching to other UK servers. Anything else to try or will I just do a chargeback on paypal? That Smartdns is looking tempting.

You can't cast when using a VPN as far as I know

• Advertisement

You can't cast when using a VPN as far as I know

Figured that out then alright, guess my chromecast ratted me out!

Advertisement