Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifetime VPN €14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭travist

Ryath wrote: »
    And now the iPlayer isn't working. Started playing Peaky Blinders on in incognito on Chrome playing ok, cast to Tv and it stops saying I'm not in UK. Won't play in browser now even switching to other UK servers. Anything else to try or will I just do a chargeback on paypal? That Smartdns is looking tempting.

Would you think you could chargeback or get a refund? The terms on the website is no refunds. The service works in some ways for some on this thread it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Tamsta

And now the iPlayer isn't working. Started playing Peaky Blinders on in incognito on Chrome playing ok, cast to Tv and it stops saying I'm not in UK. Won't play in browser now even switching to other UK servers. Anything else to try or will I just do a chargeback on paypal? That Smartdns is looking tempting.

You'd have to setup VPN on your router to be able to cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,828 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

travist wrote: »
    Would you think you could chargeback or get a refund? The terms on the website is no refunds. The service works in some ways for some on this thread it seems.

If it's not working you are doing something wrong as it works fine for everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Discodog wrote: »
    If it's not working you are doing something wrong as it works fine for everyone else.

Couple replies up answers this. I think the problem is when you cast it to your chromecast / telly its picking up you are not in the UK and booting you.

The phone you are watching the content on is in the UK but as soon as you cast it to your telly you are telling the device to communicate with the bbc iplayer server and your new device (the telly) isn’t using the VPN

You could access it on a laptop via the VPN then use a HDMI cable to use your telly as the screen or mirror cast your phones screen to the telly.

To by pass it you need to have the VPN running off your router so that all the traffic going through your internet connection for all devices is switched to the country the VPN is set to

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭Ryath

Should of realised that about casting was sure it worked before but I was probably just screen mirroring from my phone. Got the iPlayer working in the browser later and pluged in using HDMI . Still no joy getting Netflix to work no matter what USA server I try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Can I use this on my Xbox One? Do i get a DNS server?

I've ordered but still waiting StackSocial to obtain the licence?

Any idea how long this takes?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

This doesn't work on either the BBC player or ITV hub...is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 strombone

Thanks OP for this - great offer.

The small print says that the offer is not available to existing KeepSolid VPNUnlinimted users, which I'm sure is likely something that can be worked around if needs be, but has anyone who is an existing user of KeepSolid VPN Unlimited advise whether they successfully used the Redeem option for this offer using their current KeepSolid account.

Thank you in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jkbah

Should of realised that about casting was sure it worked before but I was probably just screen mirroring from my phone. Got the iPlayer working in the browser later and pluged in using HDMI . Still no joy getting Netflix to work no matter what USA server I try.

I finally got USA Netflix working. I deleted all data and cache in both BBC iPlayer and Netflix apps, they loved me out and I logged in and didn't try to play anything until VPN switched on. That seemed to work for me.
    In a side note, I also got Disney+ working

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

jkbah wrote: »
    In a side note, I also got Disney+ working

Can I ask how you got that, and on what device are you using?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jkbah

Can I ask how you got that, and on what device are you using?

I have a few emails set up in Google play store, they all have different locations. A UK one, USA one etc. I just add the location onto my original email address eg jkbahusa@gmail.com. (Not my email) app is in USA playstore. There's tutorials for changing the location of your play store online. You can only do it every so often that's why I set up the different accounts and leave them set in that location.
    Link a payment method to your play store and it will accept payment without verifying location. Like Netflix seem to be doing at the moment
    Using on phone + tablet. Haven't looked into getting it on Firestick yet but I'm sure it can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Tamsta

If services (netflix, bbc etc.) use to work but won't work anymore, to get things working again:
    1. Logout;
    2. Delete all possible traces (cookies, cache, data etc.) from your device and/or app; exit/close your browser/app.
    3. TURN ON VPN! (This has to be done BEFORE loging in; IMPORTANT!)
    4. Launch your browser/app
    5. Log in to your account (netflix, bbc etc.).
    6. Enjoy the service :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

I bought this.
    Got BBC iplayer working but torrents don't seem to work at all.
    Tried a few different locations but no joy.

Anyone use torrents working?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

jkbah wrote: »
    I have a few emails set up in Google play store, they all have different locations. A UK one, USA one etc. I just add the location onto my original email address eg jkbahusa@gmail.com. (Not my email) app is in USA playstore. There's tutorials for changing the location of your play store online. You can only do it every so often that's why I set up the different accounts and leave them set in that location.
    Link a payment method to your play store and it will accept payment without verifying location. Like Netflix seem to be doing at the moment
    Using on phone + tablet. Haven't looked into getting it on Firestick yet but I'm sure it can be done.

Exact same as this. Solving the sign up issues took longer than anticipated but it's flying. Paying through iTunes fyi.

Asus X540L wrote: »
    I bought this.

I swapped over and downloaded Nord VPN and it works a dream in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

JeffKenna wrote: »
    I swapped over and downloaded Nord VPN and it works a dream in comparison.

... And how much the cost will be for Nord?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Asus X540L wrote: »
    I bought this.

This vpn is no good for torrents.

strombone wrote: »
    Thanks OP for this - great offer.

The small print says that the offer is not available to existing KeepSolid VPNUnlinimted users, which I'm sure is likely something that can be worked around if needs be, but has anyone who is an existing user of KeepSolid VPN Unlimited advise whether they successfully used the Redeem option for this offer using their current KeepSolid account.

Thank you in advance.

Just open a new account with a different email.

coldfire1x wrote: »

64 for the year but I'm sitting watching Hulu, which I doubt I would have been otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

coldfire1x wrote: »

They have offers, so do surfshark, but expressvpn rarely if ever have any.

Surfshark is €43 for 2 years and 3 months, €64 for an extra year.
    I think NordVPN is around €115 for 3 years, but is seriously shook at the moment after the breach/hack, as NordVPN seemed/seem to be holding back on the seriousness of it to customers and the length of time it went on for among other things. Here, Here and Here doing themselves no favours.
    ExpressVPN is around €90 for 15 months and is cosidered the most secure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

JeffKenna wrote: »
    64 for the year but I'm sitting watching Hulu, which I doubt I would have been otherwise.

How are you paying for Hulu from Ireland? Have you access to an american payment method? I've tried a few times over the years to get a subscription to Hulu but never succeeded.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Tamsta wrote: »
    If services (netflix, bbc etc.) use to work but won't work anymore, to get things working again:
    1. Logout;
    2. Delete all possible traces (cookies, cache, data etc.) from your device and/or app; exit/close your browser/app.

This did the trick for me on my mac - was able to get US Netflix working eventually.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Sorry for the following 'Dumb' question...

I have Netflix sub. How do I switch to the US version?? What extra do I get on the US version??

..... sorry!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Masala wrote: »
    Sorry for the following 'Dumb' question...

I have Netflix sub. How do I switch to the US version?? What extra do I get on the US version??

..... sorry!!

You don't need to switch your sub - same one works on all versions of Netflix as long as you can get around the geo-restrictions.

In terms of extras - they just have more content in general - Star Wars, Marvel, Indian Jones movies all on US version from my quick browse.

How are you paying for Hulu from Ireland? Have you access to an american payment method? I've tried a few times over the years to get a subscription to Hulu but never succeeded.

I just used my revolut card and changed the address to match the city and postcode my VPN was.

That wasn’t my question. My question is whether a refund or chargeback would be possible. I think it won’t since, as you say, it works for most. I’m curious about how the poster expects it’s possible to do a chargeback.

travist wrote: »
    That wasn’t my question. My question is whether a refund or chargeback would be possible. I think it won’t since, as you say, it works for most. I’m curious about how the poster expects it’s possible to do a chargeback.

I have found their customer service to be excellent. Why don't you ask them ?

Tamsta wrote: »
    1. Logout;

This should be stickied :)

iPlayer stopped but now fine & I eventually got the ITV hub working :)

I have found their customer service to be excellent. Why don't you ask them ?

I’m not a customer. I asked purely around how a customer expects to make a chargeback on a service that works for most. Their website says no refunds. I’m just curious around why a payment service would accept a chargeback.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,287 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

This should be stickied :)

iPlayer stopped but now fine & I eventually got the ITV hub working :)

If you just used browser with incognito mode, would that in essence do the same?

Advertisement