Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Options

Comments

How good is the camera on these? Someone needs a new phone but wants a good camera. Was gonna recommend a Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro which is decent, extra 30/40 quid worth it for this?

It's decent. I was in NY last weekend and took a bunch of photos on the Pixel 3a and my Note 9. The Pixel had the better pictures overall. Only advantage the Note had was the telephoto lens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Ordered one this morning, hopefully they honour it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Just ordered one. Have confirmation email but Vodafone website seems to be down now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Ordered one at 6pm yesterday. Interestingly said it was out of stock but proceeded to order it. Processed and dispatched this morning. Great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

How good is the camera on these? Someone needs a new phone but wants a good camera. Was gonna recommend a Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro which is decent, extra 30/40 quid worth it for this?

I have the 3a and the camera is savage, night sight is great for low light, check out the 2nd photo here of the sunset over the houses and the 7th one of the claddagh basin, taken with the 3a: https://www.instagram.com/p/B5N44mDpoYh/

Would highly recommend it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I think you could order it earlier for €179.99 without having to switch. The displayed price was €179.99. Now it is back up to €279.99 (with the €100 discount for switching).

I ordered one but didn't think about this until I saw the price is back to normal now. I provided switching details so can't confirm if it would have worked.

I did not get an extra €100 off the €179.99 price though.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,747 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Wolftown wrote: »
    I also had to buy €20 credit with my P30 Lite in the Wicklow store. Will take €10 if anyone wants it!

Will buy yours too! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Just got an order cancellation email... Cancelled due to certain criteria..I give up

Got the same...wtf is this about?! Will i be automatically refunded?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭micks_address

Pacifico wrote: »
    Got the same...wtf is this about?! Will i be automatically refunded?

I was last time it happened two weeks ago..I'm finished trying now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

I was last time it happened two weeks ago..I'm finished trying now.

Very odd...seeing as some orders are going through

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I walked in next day and it was there !

Did the shop ring you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

advice for anyone doing this

If you are ordering more than one, then everything must be different for the second order

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Wolftown

Quackster wrote: »
    Will buy yours too! :D

Sorry, sold to another member who PM'd me earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Affluenza

Order cancelled :(

"Dear Customer,

We are unable to process your order at this time due to order criteria limitations. All charges have been refunded to your credit card. If you would like to speak with one of our Customer Care Agents please call 1850 20 87 87.

Thank you,
    The Online Store Team"

Anyone know what order criteria limitations could mean?

It was ordered using a real sim that has been active for over two years so none of that free eir sim etc. gimics :(

Sister's gutted

Anybody else receive a cancellation for this? It's incredibly vague - not sure what order criteria limitations exist..

Same as above, genuine order canned. Vodafone should not have listed the phones as back in stock to do this to people.

commited wrote: »
    Anybody else receive a cancellation for this? It's incredibly vague - not sure what order criteria limitations exist..

Posted seconds before you :) Yeah I have no idea :( Spent almost a week refreshing the page every hour or so and finally got it yesterday morning, money taken from my bank and a confirmation email stating my order is been processed. Even bought another case and screen protector for it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Wolftown

scudzilla wrote: »
    Just got unlock code, ebay user was om108-mobile

Took 5 days and worked a treat

I opted for the slightly more expensive seller as the advertised lead time was shorter. Ordered last weekend and still no code...

So anyone else unlocking, I'd recommend om108-mobile

*WARNING - This is what worked for me. Others have had different experiences

Just for people who are getting the cancellation due to order criteria limitations.

I had tried to buy the phone originally when the site was playing up, and rejecting all orders (say 2 weeks ago)
    When the site finally started working again, I put in a fresh order, and it got accepted, and money taken.
    When I viewed the order progress, the page showed 7 or 8 cancelled orders, and the order that went through

Then, my good order was cancelled, and I got the email about criteria limitations

The reason, as I understand it, is that all my orders, good and bad, were made using the same email address.
    Vodafone's checks, seem to be quite rudimentary, but as it saw I had ordered more than 1, using the same email address, it cancelled my order

I then proceeded to put in a new order, using the same phone number, but with a new email address. Everything worked, and I received the phone a few days later.

TL;DR
    If you are placing a new order with Vodafone, make sure you use an email address that yo haven't used previously

• Registered Users Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Just for people who are getting the cancellation due to order criteria limitations.

I had tried to buy the phone originally when the site was playing up, and rejecting all orders (say 2 weeks ago)
    When the site finally started working again, I put in a fresh order, and it got accepted, and money taken.
    When I viewed the order progress, the page showed 7 or 8 cancelled orders, and the order that went through

Then, my good order was cancelled, and I got the email about criteria limitations

The reason, as I understand it, is that all my orders, good and bad, were made using the same email address.
    Vodafone's checks, seem to be quite rudimentary, but as it saw I had ordered more than 1, using the same email address, it cancelled my order

I then proceeded to put in a new order, using the same phone number, but with a new email address. Everything worked, and I received the phone a few days later.

TL;DR
    If you are placing a new order with Vodafone, make sure you use an email address that yo haven't used previously

Another theory perhaps --- sorry to debunk

I used same email for 4 cancelled orders when error was coming for payment....used the same one once site was working and it went fine.

TL;DR

Thanks :) Strange thing is, I never used the email I put in on vodafone... hopefully when the website comes back up (maintenance at 12:30 and still not back up), I'll try a new email. My order went to payment accepted, then order been processed to cancelled.

Website is back up and it's showing in stock. With the different email, I got the email confirmation this time and choose collect from store. Hopefully that fixes the error. If it doesn't work this time, I think I'm gonna give up. A lot of hassle for a phone tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Jambonjunior

My eir hasn't arrived, is it possible to recieve the code on your main phone and then cancel the port?

Affluenza wrote: »
    Thanks :) Strange thing is, I never used the email I put in on vodafone... hopefully when the website comes back up (maintenance at 12:30 and still not back up), I'll try a new email. My order went to payment accepted, then order been processed to cancelled.

Website is back up and it's showing in stock. With the different email, I got the email confirmation this time and choose collect from store. Hopefully that fixes the error. If it doesn't work this time, I think I'm gonna give up. A lot of hassle for a phone tbh

Interestingly, website is still down for me!

We were not using a previously used email address so it's quite frustrating.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,747 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Wolftown wrote: »
    Sorry, sold to another member who PM'd me earlier

Glad you got sorted! Anyone else with unwanted Vodafone credit to offload, PM me!

Loads unboxed for sell on adverts !

Loads unboxed for sell on adverts !

It's always the case on deals like this.. Heres hoping the vast majority of people who want them end up getting them for the price in the stores but I doubt that'll be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

Because I'm a massive idiot I just ordered the phone and assumed I could claim back the €100 later. Not looking for any help, just revelling in my own inability to read the first page of thread. :)

Will just have to cancel when/if it eventually arrives, I'm in the rare position of actually wanting Vodafone to cancel my order without any explanation!

Showing out of stock on mobile website and in stock online so highly unlikely any orders will be honoured.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

commited wrote: »
    Showing out of stock on mobile website and in stock online so highly unlikely any orders will be honoured.

Was that way yesterday too and they say that they have shipped my order so lets keep the faith :)

Anyone who has got dispatch text should get the phone. Dont look at status once its dispatched...it will arrive

• Advertisement

My eir hasn't arrived, is it possible to recieve the code on your main phone and then cancel the port?

I got away with this on one of the ones I bought. Cancelled the port before it went through, telling Vodafone I was going to return the phone. I then decided I'd keep it.

Advertisement