Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭barneyrub

I ordered fri evening and it got delivered today. Had check the status a few times and all it said was processing.
    Not sure if for me or DS but will try it out for a few days and see

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

ionapaul wrote:
    Going to try it out for a few days and if I'm happy with it, as I expect to be, gonna sell my Oneplus 6T. Some might think that a step down but I'm disappointed in the 6T camera, much more important a feature for me than raw speed or bigger screen.

Cannot compare pixel camera with oneplus over processed photos...good decision

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JustIsswift

biebiebie wrote: »
    Can anyone post a personal review/opinion of the phone so far? Pros/cons?
    (Yes I've already watched a plethora of YouTube videos!)

Hi ,I am coming from a mi9 se which has a super AMOLED screen .

The 3a software is probably the best version of Android I've used yet. 3rd party launchers aren't working with gestures yet and this is a problem at the moment for a few people.

I personally overlay icons on widgets on smaller phones and don't use labels on icons to reduce clutter , but the phone runs so well I'm able to ignore this for the moment.

Camera is a little slow to process but the colors are natural and photos look better than the pin sharp Chinese phones.

Speaker outputs on top and bottom of phone which makes watching Netflix more enjoyable.

Last note , what I didn't like about the mi9se was the text scaling in browsing , it just never seemed right on small screen, Everything was too small and found I had to zoom.
    This is not a problem on the 3a , they seem to have the ratio bang on for text etc , it's small but all realitive to screen size.

Anyways ,I really like this phone and compare it to the g4 plus for value at time of release ,I still think camera on g4 plus is brilliant.

Laters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭biebiebie

bromley52 wrote: »
    Pros: 1) €179
    2) Excellent camera

Cons: Its for the wife and will be broken within 6 months

Hope you bought 2 of em so to get through to the Pixel 4a bargain alert in Nov 2020 ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Would you mind letting us know if that code works? Want to be sure before I buy one :)

Just got unlock code, ebay user was om108-mobile

Took 5 days and worked a treat

• Advertisement

The 3a software is probably the best version of Android I've used yet. 3rd party launchers aren't working with gestures yet and this is a problem at the moment for a few people.

Does Android 10 not have gestures?
    Or have you tried third party gestures on Android 10 or 9 (or both)? E.g. Nova launcher

• Registered Users Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭micks_address

scudzilla wrote: »
    Just got unlock code, ebay user was om108-mobile

Took 5 days and worked a treat

They are not locked...why would you need a unlock code?

Mystified... I thought Pixels are all unlocked?
    That's 2 people now I've seen mention unlocking.
    What's the deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,133 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I like the squeeze sides can see me getting more out of Google assistant. It's a nice weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JustIsswift

Does Android 10 not have gestures?
    Or have you tried third party gestures on Android 10 or 9 (or both)? E.g. Nova launcher

It has gesture , but its not compatible with 3rd party launchers yet, nova launcher are pretty annoyed by the whole thing.

I think Android are trying to get away from specific kernels and they want to main stream Android to work on all phones , sounds like they may not be concerned about certain apps etc.

Edit
    Https help.teslacoilapps.com/faq/gesture-navigation

• Advertisement

Mystified... I thought Pixels are all unlocked?
    That's 2 people now I've seen mention unlocking.
    What's the deal?

They're talking about the P30 Lite.

They're talking about the P30 Lite.

Ah right.
    Mystery of the locked Pixels is solved ... If it wasn't for those darn pesky kids....

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭BakeMeACake

biebiebie wrote:
    All I've seen so far is "not now but watch this space". I do realise that potentially eSims could be introduced alongside the 5G rollouts, as has been touted in various support channels online. However I haven't found anything concrete yet, more so just throwaway comments.

Esim has nothing to do with 5G. Indeed there will be little 5G, initially, with enhanced speeds being instead on LTE networks with a different spectrum spread for the foreseeable future. So yes things will gradually improve. One thing that will improve things is active antenna systems which will allow multiple tilts on multiple integrated antennas within one antenna unit.

Esim has nothing to do with 5G. Indeed there will be little 5G, initially, with enhanced speeds being instead on LTE networks with a different spectrum spread for the foreseeable future. So yes things will gradually improve. One thing that will improve things is active antenna systems which will allow multiple tilts on multiple integrated antennas within one antenna unit.

Cheers.
    I do understand esim isn't reliant on 5g.
    But my understanding is that equipment etc needs upgraded and from reading various support forums etc, it was suggested that it might be done alongside the 5g upgrade, possibly it's cheaper for the Telcos to bundle the two together when upgrading.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭GreyAlien

GreyAlien wrote: »
    Ordered Friday, says via tracking it was dispatched yesterday. Post has come and gone today, so not sure if I'll be receiving it or not now. Unless it comes tomorrow due to some delay. Assuming deliveries are done by an post that is.

Can breathe a sigh of relief. Phone was delivered this morning. A day later than most for some reason, but I'm happy. :)

The P30 lite is suddenly back in stock. So maybe there's still a chance more pixels will in due time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,697 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

bromley52 wrote: »
    Pros: 1) €179
    2) Excellent camera

Cons: Its for the wife and will be broken within 6 months

Where did you get one for €179? It's showing as €280 and not in stock for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Where did you get one for €179? It's showing as €280 and not in stock for me

Its €100 off if you port to vodafone as per link in OP

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Affluenza

Anyone manage to get one in the past two days? Showing up as OOS :(

Just checked, they have the Pixel in store for €229 so €50 off. Albeit the staff were quite rude when I brought but the €100 off online, not realising the stores do not work in conjunction with the website. Surely this would be the best all round phone for that money if my main focus would be on having a good camera?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Can breathe a sigh of relief. Phone was delivered this morning. A day later than most for some reason, but I'm happy. :)

The P30 lite is suddenly back in stock. So maybe there's still a chance more pixels will in due time.

I picked up a P30 Lite for my brother .
    Its a steal at that price , better phone than the Pixel 3a in almost every regard bar camera .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Got a refund for 3 out of 4, so just waiting on a refund for the last one. If anyone has an extra one for sale at face value I'll take it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭raxy

Mine just arrived too.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Shpongler

Pixel ordered Friday arrived today.
    Great phone for the money. Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Jambonjunior

I missed the Pixel. P30 looks a good alternative, but I'm guessing they're locked to VF?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Del007

My number ported over today, so now, what the hell do I do to put credit on my phone? I've no phone signal so really don't know what to do

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

I missed the Pixel. P30 looks a good alternative, but I'm guessing they're locked to VF?

Yes and costly to unlock..

Does anyone know if I need a Vodafone aim card now that I've ported over to them.

I don't seem to be able to select any network

Del007 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I need a Vodafone aim card now that I've ported over to them.

I don't seem to be able to select any network

if you have ported your number to the vodafone network then you should be running a vodafone sim card as your old sim is no longer connected to your number.

glasso wrote: »
    if you have ported your number to the vodafone network then you should be running a vodafone sim card as your old sim is no longer connected to your number.

Thanks, shouldn't they have sent me a sim card also as well as the phone?

I suppose that you're going to need one.

normally when you port you provide details about the target sim card.

I'd go into a vodafone shop to explain the situation - probably the quickest way to get sorted.

• Advertisement

Yes indeed they should have sent a SIM with the phone

Advertisement