Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Jambonjunior

Basil3 wrote: »
    I got away with this on one of the ones I bought. Cancelled the port before it went through, telling Vodafone I was going to return the phone. I then decided I'd keep it.

Thanks! How do you cancel a port?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Anyone who has got dispatch text should get the phone. Dont look at status once its dispatched...it will arrive

I got dispatched in the status but no text or email.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 elenaaustin87

Great phone; my second Pixel!

Thanks! How do you cancel a port?

In the end I had to contact Vodafone. I contacted my current provider (3) to tell them I didn't want to port, and they said I had to contact Vodafone. I wouldn't have a clue what number I called, but I did it over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Thanks OP for heads up.

Very annoying that vodafone still have the phone as showing in stock but yet cancelling so many orders.

From order time how long does it seem to be taking for orders to be cancelled?

Also those that are saying they didn't get any emails - check your junk folder.

• Advertisement

How good is the camera on these? Someone needs a new phone but wants a good camera. Was gonna recommend a Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro which is decent, extra 30/40 quid worth it for this?

results from the camera on the pixel 3a would be a lot better than the Redmi Note 6 pro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Lads get a glass screen guard for the phone as it is notoriously famous for shattering on smallest of impacts !

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Affluenza

I tried to get in contact with a rep from vodafone but was stuck on hold for over 30 minutes :/ I also tried live chat but it just keeps saying no agents available at the moment.

After my first order yesterday morning (order went from payment been processed to getting ready for dispatch then I received an email saying it was cancelled) I re-ordered a it for a second time today but didn't realise my first payment was not refunded. Does anyone know when it will be refunded back into my bank? I'm currently €360 down and no sign of the second been sent out yet either. The whole ordeal has left a bad taste in my mouth :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I had a couple of attempts to order fail (a payment issue) before one went through.

Now one says dispatched but another is 'processing' but I've only been charged once. I presume that other will be cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Loads of these on adverts now, scumbags, lads trying to flog for 400 and all

I still think this sub forum should be locked to 100 posts or more but some of the mods never listen...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Fieldog wrote: »

I still think this sub forum should be locked to 100 posts or more but some of the mods never listen...

To be honest someone from this thread started slagging someone who had posted the ad 2 months before....however whoever is putting in last week or so is bad taste !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Fieldog wrote: »

Only 4 up, one of those is up a few weeks and the one for 400 is from a phone shop if someone is stupid enough to pay that price then they deserve to be ripped off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Has everyone gotten an unlocked one? Just want to make sure!

. remove please

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Lads somehow my order went through 4 times, 4 payments and 4 order numbers , all dispatched. Their site is all over the place. I am going to hang onto 3 for Xmas gifts so have one spare if anyone wants it at cost. Should be here Monday.

Only noticed now after work that it went through 4 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

Has everyone gotten an unlocked one? Just want to make sure!

Yes, all unlocked. These can't be locked by Vodafone.

dan786 wrote: »
    Lads somehow my order went through 4 times, 4 payments and 4 order numbers , all dispatched. Their site is all over the place. I am going to hang onto 3 for Xmas gifts so have one spare if anyone wants it at cost. Should be here Monday.

Only noticed now after work that it went through 4 times.

pm sent.

my order attempt was eventually cancelled. if anyone else has one if I don't get Dan's let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Highcontrast1

money is pending in revolut - status on the vodafone site is "Your order has been dispatched". Ordered last night, any point going to shop to check?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

Vodafone are a bunch of Muppets. My number ported over on Tuesday but they didn't send me out a sim card. The shop can't help me as my number hasn't been registered with them yet. They're useless!

money is pending in revolut - status on the vodafone site is "Your order has been dispatched". Ordered last night, any point going to shop to check?

who knows. their ordering and payments system seems unreliable at best....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Same stage I'm at, gonna pop in tomorrow and I'll report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

Order has been dispatched. Wonder will this result in a delivery or a last minute cancellation?

It's pretty peculiar how the system is working.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭daheff

Lads get a glass screen guard for the phone as it is notoriously famous for shattering on smallest of impacts !

can you recommend any?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

daheff wrote: »
    can you recommend any?

Panzer glass are usually decent...

Cancelled my order for the second time... Officially done with that company. €360 out of my bank for a week with nothing to show for it. Why process a payment before dispatching the order? :( Shame... If anyone managed to get a spare one in dundalk I'd be very appreciative to buy it at cost :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Affluenza wrote: »
    Cancelled my order for the second time... Officially done with that company. €360 out of my bank for a week with nothing to show for it. Why process a payment before dispatching the order? :( Shame... If anyone managed to get a spare one in dundalk I'd be very appreciative to buy it at cost :)

Did you ever get a status of dispatched?

That's what my order says, I'm just wondering if they can still cancel it after that?

Wheety wrote: »
    Did you ever get a status of dispatched?

That's what my order says, I'm just wondering if they can still cancel it after that?

Nope, both times it went from payment been processed to order been processed. Payment clears in my bank ( again, what are they thinking doing this, clearing it instead of pending so it'll take longer to go back into my account) then it goes to your order has been unsuccessful. Joke of a company... I remember having problems with them in the past and it seems for me at least, they are still useless :/

Best of luck with your order though

Just figured out a way to track them once its dispatched. All mine were sent yesterday evening and are with An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

dan786 wrote: »
    Just figured out a way to track them once its dispatched. All mine were sent yesterday evening and are with An Post.

I ordered on Thursday and Vodafone website says dispatched but haven't received a text. How did you go about tracking it?

• Advertisement

I ordered on Thursday and Vodafone website says dispatched but haven't received a text. How did you go about tracking it?

You need to get the secondary order number from Vodafone tracking page using the order number starting with "o" and your email.

Where it says your order is dispatched you will see an other order number there, its 8 digit number.

Then go here:

http://www.fonua.com/orderstatus/default.asp

Put in the above order number and it will bring up full details including link to tracking with An Post.

Also for those who have theirs at due for dispatch can also be tracked here. They will say "packing" so once you get to that stage you are good.

Advertisement