Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season & Playoffs 2019-20 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Jamal Murray has 92 points, 19 rebounds & 15 assists with 0 turnovers on 61-57-100 splits in Games 4 & 5 of this series.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,982 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Bucks are boycotting tonights game.

Magic were apparently willing to play.

Magic will regret that decision if they say they’re playing and the Bucks aren’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Bucks are boycotting tonights game.

Magic were apparently willing to play.
    Magic will regret that decision if they say they’re playing and the Bucks aren’t.

To be fair if they didn't know what the Bucks were doing they were going to be getting on with their warm-up. Doubt they will take the win.

OKC/Rockets Game 5 off now too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,982 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

There's conflicting reports.

Some say Magic refused to accept a forfeit from the Bucks.

Others say Magic did come out to play just before the time the game was due to start, but I can't find footage.

I think every other team will follow this, and this season of the NBA might just be over.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Looks to me like they were out there warming up from clips going around, didn't just run out to try claim they were present to take the win.

Whether they were out there or not is not the issue here though!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,219 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This has been brewing the last few weeks. LeBron has been very political in his interviews and press work. Great to see this generation of players using the platform they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭nerd69

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    This has been brewing the last few weeks. LeBron has been very political in his interviews and press work. Great to see this generation of players using the platform they have.

I commend most of these players it would be a very brave move to leave the bubble

LeBron specifically I have no time for with regards this I don't think you can take a stand on this while dismissing Daryl morey calling out the bong Kong protests

Yeah yeah, five million reasons to hate LeBron, yawn. He and the other players using their platform is great to see.

• Advertisement

As a distinction, this should be called a strike, not a boycott.

And I'm with the players on this.
    Last night, some 17yo POS shot 3 protesters in Kenosha (murdering 2) and the police just walked right past him.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Yeah yeah, five million reasons to hate LeBron, yawn. He and the other players using their platform is great to see.

That's a bit dismissive. I stressed the players are doing great work in this you specifically mentioned LeBron so I responded with regards lebron.

nerd69 wrote: »
    That's a bit dismissive. I stressed the players are doing great work in this you specifically mentioned LeBron so I responded with regards lebron.

Bullsh*t, you're using what-about-ism to dismiss him.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Bullsh*t, you're using what-about-ism to dismiss him.

Ya it's a bit rich to get political and call for others to do the same when it suits you but go against it when it hits your pocket I'd have the same attitude towards Stephen Jackson. I don't dismiss any of the other players doing this it's the right thing to do

LeBron has done some great things off the court, no question; but he is not immune from criticism.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Apparently in the players meeting last night, Clippers and Lakers are the only teams that are not continuing, the other teams are open to finishing the season, some reporters saying the meeting got ugly. To be honest whovever wins it without those teams will have an asterisk by their name. However, i think fans of the smaller framchises like Utah I suspect wouldn't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,130 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

America, great sports , glad I don't live there

The “Milwaukee BULLS” according to the sports reports on Newstalk/OTB Sports this morning. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,130 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

The “Milwaukee BULLS” according to the sports reports on Newstalk/OTB Sports this morning. :rolleyes:

heard that !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

For those of us not on Twitter - who's @TheJetOnTNT and what did he do?

Top Dog wrote: »
    For those of us not on Twitter - who's @TheJetOnTNT and what did he do?

Kenny Smith, former player and ESPN analyst. Walked off set last night “in solidarity with the players”. Not sure it’s really the same thing, but I see what he was trying to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Vital Transformation

Woj is reporting that the players have decided to resume the playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Yeah, I was listening at the time & did a double take as I rolled my eyes.

nerd69 wrote: »

https://twitter.com/realStanVG/status/1299057305720434690

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭764dak

Kenny Smith, former player and ESPN analyst. Walked off set last night “in solidarity with the players”. Not sure it’s really the same thing, but I see what he was trying to do.

*TNT analyst

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

I see his point but it’s whataboutery. You can be concerned about both.

Good watch (from a man who has both praised and criticized LBron btw):

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

The idea that a black man in America isn't allowed to be concerned about the safety of black people in America because he doesn't have a nuanced take on the politics of a nation halfway around the world is just a blatant attempt at telling him to shut up.

Advertisement