Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season & Playoffs 2019-20 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,138 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Melo with the dagger three to send them to the playoffs.

Really worked out about as well as could be hoped for him and Portland. He’ll be delighted to be facing LeBron.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,551 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Might as well make another wildly inaccurate prediction with the playoffs starting tonight

hQckpwU.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Might as well make another wildly inaccurate prediction with the playoffs starting tonight

hQckpwU.png

What site did you use for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

qwabercd wrote: »

We can do it here!

West:
    Lakers - Portland 4-2
    Nuggets- Jazz 4-2
    Clippers - Dallas 4-1
    Houston - OKC 4-2

East:
    Bucks - Nets 4-0
    Toronto - Magic 4-0
    Boston - Philly 4-0
    Pacers - Heat 2-4

• Advertisement

Gentry fired from the Pelicans, Ty Lue favourite to take over (terrible coach IMO).

Vlade "steps down" from GM role with the Kings, Joe Dumars to take over - he couldn't be much worse than Vlade has been tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

R1:

Lakers in 5
    Rockets in 6
    Clippers in 6
    Nuggets in 6

Bucks sweep
    Heat in 6
    Celtics in 6
    Raptors in 5

R2:
    Lakers in 6
    Clippers in 6

Bucks in 5
    Raptors in 5

R3:

Clippers in 6
    Bucks in 6

R4: Bucks in 7

qwabercd wrote: »

https://picks.nba.com/bracket-challenge

Gentry fired from the Pelicans, Ty Lue favourite to take over (terrible coach IMO).

It's amazing how much the NBA coaching rotation mirrors that of mid-table Premier League clubs, just the same 5 coaches being passed between clubs ad infinitum.

Donovan Mitchell with 57 - 3rd highest score in a Play Off game after Jordan (63) and Elgin Baylor (61). Never really saw him as that type of scorer, but Utah don't really have many options on offence with Bogdanovic out.

Luca with a very impressive first Pay Off Game, 42, 7, and 9. They lost, but still, impressive start against a team with serious defensive talent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,138 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The Porzingis ejection was ridiculous and swung the game.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    The Porzingis ejection was ridiculous and swung the game.

Yup, have only seen the highlights but it looked like a harsh call.

That KP ejection was a joke, I don't think the Mavs have any chance in this series but they definitely could've pushed it further if they took game 1.

I'm a massive fan of Doncic's game (have been since he was in Europe) but this is just too early for him in his development to think they can win this series. The Clippers are too loaded (esp. defensively) for him. He struggled early last night but still ended up with 42, kid is just so talented. He'll take his lumps and learn from this.

Part of me still can't help but think what Doncic and Booker would have been like together as a backcourt though.

Part of me still can't help but think what Doncic and Booker would have been like together as a backcourt though.

I was so excited to see him with DeAaron Fox, still can't believe the Kings botched the pick that bad, these poor fans (screenshot from the night before the draft :p)

FZLDrK3.jpg

I was so excited to see him with DeAaron Fox, still can't believe the Kings botched the pick that bad, these poor fans (screenshot from the night before the draft :p)

FZLDrK3.jpg

It's so crazy when you think about it how he ended up at Dallas. His National Team coach got the Suns job before the draft and they pass on him (excusable to a degree because Sarver wanted Ayton and the University of Arizona connections etc. but still.....), and then of all the GMs to pass on him it's Divac. Two Europeans with you'd expect deeper knowledge of him considering their positions, esp. the coach - showed he had zero influence in Phoenix. :confused: Even Atlanta passing on him looks bad in hindsight (as it did at the time) and they got a star and a pick out of it. At his current progression rate he'll likely be the best player in the league in 2-3 years.

Yeah Atlanta and to a lesser extent Phoenix can be somewhat excused because they still got future stars (jury's still out on Ayton) but even at the time of the draft the only reason anyone would take Bagley over Doncic was out of pure ignorance towards any basketball played outside of the US, which is the exact kind of thing Vlade Divac of all people should understand.

Amazingly it could well be a case that Atlanta and Dallas both "win" the trade. I feel bad for Bagley, he's a damn good player but with injuries and the pressure it seems like it could all cave for him. He'd a fine rookie year.

Coneygree wrote: »
    Amazingly it could well be a case that Atlanta and Dallas both "win" the trade. I feel bad for Bagley, he's a damn good player but with injuries and the pressure it seems like it could all cave for him. He'd a fine rookie year.

While Atlanta have a star (albeit one that plays zero d and is undersized) in Young, Dallas have a generational talent. Atlanta may not have lost like Phoenix or Scaramento did, but they didn't win the trade.

While Atlanta have a star (albeit one that plays zero d and is undersized) in Young, Dallas have a generational talent. Atlanta may not have lost like Phoenix or Scaramento did, but they didn't win the trade.

Trae looks like he'll be a 25+ points, 10 assists guy for years and Reddish is developing quite nicely, especially based off the months leading up to the lockdown. I think both parties got what they wanted/needed, it looks like a win-win.

• Advertisement

Milwaukee lose yo an Aaron Gordon-less Orlando.

Gordon Hayward out 4 weeks with an ankle sprain. That levels things up a bit for Philly, and Toronto if Boston get that far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Portland baby !
    Great game, felt the refs were terrible and and gave the Lakers a lot but Portland were outstanding, never let the foot off the gas !
    Lillard is a beast, has been getting better every year, shoots as good as Curry these days.
    Iam sure the Lakers will still fancy themselves with the talent they have, thought they would of utilized Davis more inside in the fourth but it’s definitely game on !

Basketball is officially back, I love Lillard, Oakland baby !!

Rough game for AD, how does a player who does the majority of his scoring in the post go 8-24, that's 16 missed shots!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Watched the first half live and thought the refs were brutal calling nothing fouls on both teams, if anything I thought they leaned a good bit towards Portland in the first, highlights I've watched in the second don't really give any idea of how it was reffed.

Kobe would be roaring "you soft like Charmin" at Davis. He needs to take things into his own hands and just play as a center.

Rough game for AD, how does a player who does the majority of his scoring in the post go 8-24, that's 16 missed shots!

If you look at him even in the bubble he's had great games and really average to bad games. Lakers won't be winning it all unless he plays like a Top 10 player. On his day, he's unstoppable but he's too inconsistent. I wouldn't go so far as to say he's soft, but he does lack a bit of bite.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Vital Transformation

The Nets will be disappointed, they played their hearts out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,701 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Trust the Process, they said...

Here's the thing though, The Process worked pretty great....and then they threw so much of that progress away for 6 months of Jimmy Butler

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

Here's the thing though, The Process worked pretty great....and then they threw so much of that progress away for 6 months of Jimmy Butler

I still don't think Simmons and embid work together

Advertisement