Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season & Playoffs 2019-20 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Vital Transformation

Wow. Raptors buzzer beater three with 0.5 left on the clock. Lowry cross court inbound past Tacko Fall and OG makes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Have a funny feeling Kawhi will be taking another championship home this year, Clippers are far from perfect but he is phenomenal, just rock solid !

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Looks like the Bucks could be done.

Lakers were brutal tonight. Shot selection and positioning all over the place. It was like they had no plan to take advantage of the height advantage or at least attempt to.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,144 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Yeah they were terrible. Still had to marvel at this sequence though:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEvR5NYsWaB/?igshid=10y8ebyoo0det

35?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Just caught the highlights. Houston win in spite of Westbrook - jeez how many soft lay ups did he have blocked?!

Bucks - where's the MVP gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,554 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

AD's refusal to play the 5 is outrageous, I mean come on in this series in particular you'll only be guarding PJ Tucker anyway!

Top Dog wrote: »
    Just caught the highlights. Houston win in spite of Westbrook - jeez how many soft lay ups did he have blocked?!

I think that’s pretty harsh on Westbrook, he is getting better and better with each game, I thought he brought so much energy and fight to last nights win, he came away with decent numbers, his type of playing style agains a big Lakers team will always be subject to blocks, I think he is still not close to his best form but definitely improving

I think Lakers are confident they will adapt to Houston but they should be careful, I like the defense in this Houston team, it’s impressive

Bucks are a shambles right now, coaching is pretty poor

• Registered Users Posts: 18,702 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Top Dog wrote: »

Either he becomes a Dirk (screws up in the playoffs at his high, wins a championship for his only team later in his career) or he pulls Durant (joins a rival team for meaningless rings).

I hope it's the former, he's only 25 after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,047 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Comfortable enough for the Raptors there. I fancy them to pull through now.

• Advertisement

Have a funny feeling Kawhi will be taking another championship home this year, Clippers are far from perfect but he is phenomenal, just rock solid !

And just like that, shoots 4 - 17 (0 - 3) in his 39 minutes! He was actually terrible in a few different aspects. Playoffs been wild thus far!

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    And just like that, shoots 4 - 17 (0 - 3) in his 39 minutes! He was actually terrible in a few different aspects. Playoffs been wild thus far!

I know, he just couldn’t get right, was a strange sight.
    Really really looking forward to the games today, Bucks have to show some pride but Heat seem to have their number
    Rockets look very determined but you got 2 superstars on the Lakers that you feel should turn the series around

Hard to see the Bucks hanging around for the rest of this or the series if they manage to, you'd imagine Giannis would be gone for a Game 5.

Good fight from them to pull it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Playoffs have been great so far. A breathe of fresh air, it's only 2 years ago we had the Cavs and Warriors cartwheeling into the finals in 3rd gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,047 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Felt Heat threw it away last night.

As poster above said Playoffs have been great. One of best I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Raptors have 5 pts in 6 mins of play, bad start so far, great defence from celtics though

Playoff Rondo activated!

Immense achievement by Butler and Miami. Giannis should leave imo.

A game for the ages between Toronto and Boston!! Unreal heart to pull it out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

A game for the ages between Toronto and Boston!! Unreal heart to pull it out

Stayed up and watched the whole thing. Absolutely unreal. Celtics couldn't stop Lowry targeting Walker every time. There was one point towards the end of the 4th when the Celtics came back with three straight 3s and I thought that was going to be the start of the collapse. Powell came up big after a really bad decision on the last shot. The Raptors made their last six shots and scored more in 2OT than they did in the 4th. Crazy. Think they'll need Siakam really turn up to win Game 7 though.

Also, should say how good Daniel Theis has been the last few games for Boston. Solid and reliable and you can really see how much all the rest of them value him. He was a little bit unlucky to have that late call overturned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

Watched the first half (Celtics fan) and thought we could regret not pulling away. Had to sleep then as for work this morning and as i lay there I said, Kemba will explode and Tatum could start a run too. was confident I'd be waking up to the tweets of success but alas no, I missed a huge 2nd half and 2 OT's i see. FFS.

Hoping Boston can get through now but Raptors have the momentum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Kawhi with another monster game last night. He's really playing like the best player in the league atm. Cementing a proper top 25-30 player ever legacy.

Kawhi with another monster game last night. He's really playing like the best player in the league atm. Cementing a proper top 25-30 player ever legacy.

Yeah he's just special. Makes it look ridiculously easy on both ends of the floor. Can't see any way the Clippers don't go the whole way, assuming PG13 doesn't revert to whatever shadow of himself was out there the first two games of the series against the Mavs. Just too good with too much depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭tglynn

Yeah he's just special. Makes it look ridiculously easy on both ends of the floor. Can't see any way the Clippers don't go the whole way, assuming PG13 doesn't revert to whatever shadow of himself was out there the first two games of the series against the Mavs. Just too good with too much depth.

Paul George could be their achilles heel as weird as it sounds on paper. He's had an awful playoffs so far except for maybe 3 games. Just not good enough for the 2nd option on one of the best teams in the league. https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/georgpa01/gamelog-playoffs/

They're lucky to have alot of role players around to cover up for him at the minute in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,702 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Playoff Rondo activated!

Immense achievement by Butler and Miami. Giannis should leave imo.

Giannis needs to change his game, either by relearning how to shoot or stop handling the ball like a point guard.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Giannis needs to change his game, either by relearning how to shoot or stop handling the ball like a point guard.

He doesn't need to change it, he needs to keep working on it, particularly his shooting. What he and Milwaukee need is a better supporting cast around him and to get him involved in the PnR far more. They should never have let Brogdon go.

Lakers were dominant there apart from the last 5 minutes or so.

kmart6 wrote: »
    Lakers were dominant there apart from the last 5 minutes or so.

Looks like we’re getting the conference final we always expected we would in the West. Lakers took the 1st game of each series off but have been crushing apart from that

• Can't wait for the Raptors/Celtics.

Hopefully Raps crush 'em.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,889 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Unreal comeback from the Nuggets!

Ultimately hard to see them making a comeback in the series, but very impressive on the night. Think at halftime Kawhi and the lads thought the job was already done. They'll finish it the next night I'd say.

Come on Raptors now!

Advertisement