Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Regular Season & Playoffs 2019-20 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,138 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The Clippers would have been down 2 - 0 if it wasn’t for that dreadful ejection of KP in game one.

Here's the thing though, The Process worked pretty great....and then they threw so much of that progress away for 6 months of Jimmy Butler

The process is over and has already been successful. They lost in 7 to the eventual champions last year on a last gasp 3. That’s all the process (or any front office approach) can ever achieve: building a championship contender. The conversation on success in the NBA is highly toxic and results focussed so no doubt ‘trust the process’ will be memed high and low for years to come. Suffice to say, the actual bounce of the ball and ability to execute of a championship contender across a couple of 7 game series is beyond the scope of what a GM can do.

Toronto just about survived that series. The sliding doors is a couple of bounces of the rim either way that sends Philadelphia through and Toronto and their single year experiment get slated instead.

The 76ers have a core of assets to build around. They need to make good decisions going forward; arrange good coaching; make the pieces fit...like everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

If Fultz didn't wreck his shoulder then things would likely be much different. He's rebounded very well after I thought he might just drop off the face of the earth. He has played a lot this season and played well including the other night but his shooting form is so bizarre. I'd love to know the actual truth to what happened. Motorbike accident, botched surgery, Philly coaches messing with his form, the yips...whatever it was it is a headscratcher. If you have Fultz at the point Simmons wouldn't have been stuck there for so long and Philly wouldn't be trapped into contracts with Harris and Horford. Ifs and buts but it is funny how the snowball effect works.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,551 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Also with the Mavs winning last night it's kind of crazy to think that LAC could be 0-2 down if not for that heinous Porzingis ejection.

Also with the Mavs winning last night it's kind of crazy to think that LAC could be 0-2 down if not for that heinous Porzingis ejection.

Do you have me on ignore?! :)

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Do you have me on ignore?! :)

:P

You posted 2 messages back to back, I read the big one :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Dallas showed some character to come back last night. A lot of young teams would fold after that Game 1. Boban played well from the highlights I saw, but Doncic again - wow, I could watch him all day.

The process is over and has already been successful. They lost in 7 to the eventual champions last year on a last gasp 3. That’s all the process (or any front office approach) can ever achieve: building a championship contender. The conversation on success in the NBA is highly toxic and results focussed so no doubt ‘trust the process’ will be memed high and low for years to come. Suffice to say, the actual bounce of the ball and ability to execute of a championship contender across a couple of 7 game series is beyond the scope of what a GM can do.

Toronto just about survived that series. The sliding doors is a couple of bounces of the rim either way that sends Philadelphia through and Toronto and their single year experiment get slated instead.

The 76ers have a core of assets to build around. They need to make good decisions going forward; arrange good coaching; make the pieces fit...like everyone else.

'Twas a 2, but I get your point. I do think they'd have won it all last year if they beaten Toronto the way things panned out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Dallas showed some character to come back last night. A lot of young teams would fold after that Game 1. Boban played well from the highlights I saw, but Doncic again - wow, I could watch him all day.
    Ah I don't know about there being a chance of them folding, they were in Game 1 right until the last 30 seconds with one of their best players being tossed out for nothing.

In for a great rest of the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,075 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Dort is like the basketball equivalent of Wan Bissaka

• Advertisement

If OKC can't win with James Harden currently shooting 2-13 with 5 minutes remaining then I don't know how they'll even take a game.

Brutal start to the 4th for OKC, that 15 point swing killed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Rockets are very underrated defensively. What they lack in size they make up for in tenacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

Ca it's amazing that there are no superteams this year and it actually feels like multiple teams can win it

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tommybojangles

Does anyone else have issues using league pass? Its theres been a bit of buffering lately but the Rockets game tonight was unwatchable, stopping every 5 seconds. Dunno if it's the service or maybe my device

Easy win for the Lakers tonight. Blazers weren't at the races at all.

Morrison J wrote: »
    Rockets are very underrated defensively. What they lack in size they make up for in tenacity.

Good point on one of the pods I listened to recently (or maybe it was a talking heads show) that the only two teams playing defence in the bubble are Houston and Toronto. Exaggerated to a degree yes, but an element of truth in it.

I see Lillard dislocated a finger last night. I can tell you from experience having done that that is incredibly painful, even without a break. Every time the ball touches his hand for the next few weeks it's going to be like a kick in the balls pain wise.

kmart6 wrote: »
    Easy win for the Lakers tonight. Blazers weren't at the races at all.

LeBron very quiet last night also. They really disrupted whatever Portland wanted to do from the outset of the first quarter and never let up.

Portland are knackered, basically every game since the bubble started has been a must-win for them. Hopefully they'll get a little energy back having only given 30 or so minutes to each of the starters last night.

Portland are knackered, basically every game since the bubble started has been a must-win for them. Hopefully they'll get a little energy back having only given 30 or so minutes to each of the starters last night.

Yeah what was the quote that they played a 9 game Play Off Series to even get to the Lakers game? Lakers have been cruising obviously. I don't think Portland will win the series btw, but it's a big disadvantage for them.

• Advertisement

Well tbf lads, that's a privilege that was earned on the court. magnificent from Portland to pull themselves back into the 8th spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Vital Transformation

Utah have blown out Denver, both teams already have their benches emptied early in the 4th quarter.

Chris Webber is a dose! Has spent the first 6/7 minutes of the game moaning about how the Mavs need to show respect as a "young team", screw that!

Big game from Kawhi and with Doncic injured that’s the series.

KP though, wow. He’s everything he was supposed to be and more.

Well tbf lads, that's a privilege that was earned on the court. magnificent from Portland to pull themselves back into the 8th spot.

Wasn’t criticizing them! Just pointing out they have to be a lot more tired than LA at this point. In a short (time frame) series that will tell eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Sky Sports live streaming the Miami v Indiana game right now on YouTube :cool:

Good win for OKC.

Arise playoff LeBron, it’s been a while.

Porzingis our, sore knee. Sheeeeet.

Boston sweep Philly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Porzingis our, sore knee. Sheeeeet.

Boston sweep Philly.

Probably time to blow up Philly at this point, just not happening for them, bad coaching and bad chemistry

Advertisement