Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

39 people found dead in trailer in UK

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67,394 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

downcow wrote: »
    i am absolutely not defending him or belittling what he done.

WTF are you trying to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

They died from fear of suffocation??

is it wrong to admit given the circumstances that i found this funny :pac: ???

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I haven’t followed this thread for a while. But I got slated for challenging people who were linking the dup. And it wasn’t just on here The papers had the lad driving the lorry holding an Ulster flag.
    But as I suggested the truth is starting to come out. The lorry driver had been raised in a unionist house but he is a 25 year old tiny cog in a very big wheel.
    The republican links are starting to appear!

FFS what is it with you and trying to make everything up north a unionist/republican thing?

The lad caught was a Protestant born man who seems to have been posing behind a northern flag, that's not good enough evidence to claim him as a loyalist imo, the other lad, I know shag all about him, but he seems to have what I would consider a "Catholic Name", is there's an Irish tint to it.

Is there's any hard evidence that it's linked to republican or to loyalist paramilitaries at present, if there was the cops would not be saying so, or maybe they have and I have missed it (I've not been following the thread closely lately)

To me it appears some lads got caught up with Vietnamese people smugglers to make a quick buck, and have been caught.

Simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

FFS what is it with you and trying to make everything up north a unionist/republican thing?

The lad caught was a Protestant born man who seems to have been posing behind a northern flag, that's not good enough evidence to claim him as a loyalist imo, the other lad, I know shag all about him, but he seems to have what I would consider a "Catholic Name", is there's an Irish tint to it.

Is there's any hard evidence that it's linked to republican or to loyalist paramilitaries at present, if there was the cops would not be saying so, or maybe they have and I have missed it (I've not been following the thread closely lately)

To me it appears some lads got caught up with Vietnamese people smugglers to make a quick buck, and have been caught.

Simple as that.

More than standing behind a northern fleg , there's pic of him setting a tricolor on fire

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭joeguevara

US2 wrote: »
    More than standing behind a northern fleg , there's pic of him setting a tricolor on fire

Does it really matter? It had nothing to do with the people dying and only deflects against the real issue. The only way it would matter was if it was terrorist financing.

• Advertisement

joeguevara wrote: »
    Does it really matter? It had nothing to do with the people dying and only deflects against the real issue. The only way it would matter was if it was terrorist financing.

Well you're after giving a big paragraph on about how he's not a unionist so it seems it matters to you.

Well you're after giving a big paragraph on about how he's not a unionist so it seems it matters to you.

No I haven't. First time posting in this thread.

That's not necessarily the actions of a loyalist, stupid kid perhaps, but I don't think that grants him automatic membership to a loyalist paramilitary group FFS.

And just for anyone who might misunderstand me, there's a difference in a unionist and a loyalist.

I've said it already up the thread anyway, it's entirely irrelevant to the subject at hand and the predicament he's now in.

That's not necessarily the actions of a loyalist, stupid kid perhaps, but I don't think that grants him automatic membership to a loyalist paramilitary group FFS.

And just for anyone who might misunderstand me, there's a difference in a unionist and a loyalist.

I've said it already up the thread anyway, it's entirely irrelevant to the subject at hand and the predicament he's now in.

What age does one stop being a "stupid kid"?

there seems to be a lot of that crap on here the last few days , he is only a "stupid kid who made a mistake" , "still has yet to be proven guilty " a "small cog in a bigger wheel "

small cog my hole he was the driver , he was the main player if you ask me ,

stupid kid yes , very as we know , that means fcuk all he didnt just leave his home in armagh and drive across nearly 500 miles not knowing what he was doing , by all accounts he had it done several times before

the still to be proven guilty bit makes me laugh , you would want a fairly big loop hole to get out of this one

• Advertisement

there seems to be a lot of that crap on here the last few days , he is only a "stupid kid who made a mistake" , "still has yet to be proven guilty " a "small cog in a bigger wheel "

small cog my hole he was the driver , he was the main player if you ask me ,

stupid kid yes , very as we know , that means fcuk all he didnt just leave his home in armagh and drive across nearly 500 miles not knowing what he was doing , by all accounts he had it done several times before

the still to be proven guilty bit makes me laugh , you would want a fairly big loop hole to get out of this one

I assume the stupid kid comment was based at flag burning rather than the heinous crime he committed.

I assume the stupid kid comment was based at flag burning rather than the heinous crime he committed.

no it wasn't , i think the crime is far more stupid , that is what the person was referring him to , a stupid kid that got caught up in the world of human trafficking :rolleyes: but he was only a small cog in the wheel so that makes it ok ;)

no it wasn't , i think the crime is far more stupid , that is what the person was referring him to , a stupid kid that got caught up in the world of human trafficking :rolleyes: but he was only a small cog in the wheel so that makes it ok ;)

It was in relation to standing in front of a flag. Not the crime.

I do agree it was mentioned a few posts on but theorigial comment was for the flag.

I suppose when you mature enough to realise burning the flag of nother country isn't all that productive or clever, and is entirely pointless?

Correct.

A young lad burning a tricolour does not automatically make him a loyalist, that's purely my opinion though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,064 ✭✭✭volchitsa

I suppose when you mature enough to realise burning the flag of nother country isn't all that productive or clever, and is entirely pointless?

Correct.

A young lad burning a tricolour does not automatically make him a loyalist, that's purely my opinion though.

You are correct, of course, as a general rule - but this is not just "a young lad", this is someone who is actively involved in a worldwide people trafficking operation. That means organised crime, and in Northern Ireland that probably means paramilitaries, either Republican or Loyalist.

If the driver had been Sicilian, would you be protesting about people assuming he had links with the Mafia? Especially if he had put up photos of himself with Mafia insignia!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,323 ✭✭✭✭downcow

Simple as that.

Agree with every word of this. It was disgusting last week on here when a number of posters thought hi background was relevant and tried to link him to the dup

Absolutely.

volchitsa wrote: »
    You are correct, of course, as a general rule - but this is not just "a young lad", this is someone who is actively involved in a worldwide people trafficking operation. That means organised crime, and in Northern Ireland that probably means paramilitaries, either Republican or Loyalist.

If the driver had been Sicilian, would you be protesting about people assuming he had links with the Mafia? Especially if he had put up photos of himself with Mafia insignia!

So we have came back around to the likelihood that paramilitaries are involved. I will eat my hat if loyalist paramilitaries are involved

So we have came back around to the likelihood that paramilitaries are involved. I will eat my hat if loyalist paramilitaries are involved

who ****en cares ???

2 things, firstly I have now (despite being sceptical of his role in this at the beginning) no doubts that he's up to his neck in this - the more I see - the more I'm convinced of it, pending trial or not.

Secondly, the photo of him doesn't appear to be a recent photo, and at only 25 now, yeah I would have said the actions of a young lad (I wouldn't give a sh1t if it's republican or loyalist) burning a flag is that of someone who is immature and stupid.

Perhaps you seem to think I'm doubting or playing down his role in this case, I'm not, not at all.

I'm saying a photo of a fella burning a tricolour does not mean he's a loyalist or has links to loyalists paramilitaries.

To summarize, I've no doubt he's up to his neck in the people trafficking, but it will take more than a photo of a lad with a flag/burning a flag, or wearing a Rangers jersey to convince me that they're loyalist paramilitary material.

Sorry if I wasn't spelling it out clearly enough.

If it later emerges that he's balls deep with a loyalist organisation, I will firstly buy a hat, then eat it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Sounds like a comical media statement issued by a spokesman for the Loyalist paramilitary umbrella group.

tipptom wrote: »

Sounds like a comical media statement issued by a spokesman for the Loyalist paramilitary umbrella group.

Loyalist paramilitary umbrella group? what like them gangsters from al capone era that used to shoot through umbrellas and rolls of carpet so the cops couldn't see there guns ....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Odelay

Loyalist paramilitary umbrella group? what like them gangsters from al capone era that used to shoot through umbrellas and rolls of carpet so the cops couldn't see there guns ....

Rolls of carpet??

Odelay wrote: »
    Rolls of carpet??

taught i seen it in boardwalk empire once.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

in my case late 30's..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

no it wasn't

Yes it was

Get off your high horser and Read the post in context.

It was most certainly calling him a stupid kid in relation to him burning a flag.

2 things, firstly I have now (despite being sceptical of his role in this at the beginning) no doubts that he's up to his neck in this - the more I see - the more I'm convinced of it, pending trial or not.

Secondly, the photo of him doesn't appear to be a recent photo, and at only 25 now, yeah I would have said the actions of a young lad (I wouldn't give a sh1t if it's republican or loyalist) burning a flag is that of someone who is immature and stupid.

Perhaps you seem to think I'm doubting or playing down his role in this case, I'm not, not at all.

I'm saying a photo of a fella burning a tricolour does not mean he's a loyalist or has links to loyalists paramilitaries.

To summarize, I've no doubt he's up to his neck in the people trafficking, but it will take more than a photo of a lad with a flag/burning a flag, or wearing a Rangers jersey to convince me that they're loyalist paramilitary material.

Sorry if I wasn't spelling it out clearly enough.

If it later emerges that he's balls deep with a loyalist organisation, I will firstly buy a hat, then eat it.

I don’t agree with Jonny dogs on much. But 100% agree with this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

Didn’t this whole discussion start because the media kept referring to him as an Irishman?

He regards himself as British yet conveniently he’s Irish for this story.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,064 ✭✭✭volchitsa

And yet you were suggesting shady republican paramilitary links. Any chance you'd explain why you're sure one set of paramilitaries aren't involved but think it's possible that the others may well be? I can't see that myself.

• Advertisement

And yet you were suggesting shady republican paramilitary links. Any chance you'd explain why you're sure one set of paramilitaries aren't involved but think it's possible that the others may well be? I can't see that myself.

It would be inappropriate to post hearsay, and local rumour, etc on this board.
    I am challenging the rush on the board to blame ‘dup-link’.
    I am not too far away (location wise)from some of the alleged players and they certainly are not loyalist.
    The alleged driver is from the unionist community but is completely at odds with all the other alleged players background and in some cases shady connections.
    All the talk of cogs and wheels. If you had a clock that was completely made of steel, bar one we copper wheel, would you say it was a steel clock or a copper clock. I am confident this is a steel clock we are talking about. And therefore a tad disingenuous to try and link it to the unionist community, and it really is irrelevant
    But to be clear every single person involved in this incident and trafficking in general needs the full wait of the law

Advertisement