Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo experience not good so far

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

Blanco100 wrote:
    set the porting for saturday at 10am but still hasnt changed over to my old number yet. Very annoying having a new number this long. is it just a waiting game?

I'd say something has gone wrong at this stage. Best to contact them on chat and get them to cancel the port so you can try again.
    You can leave your old SIM in the phone till the port goes through that way you won't have a new number to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Stone

For what it's worth I had 2 SIMs - unpacked them Monday and went into MyGoMo where I change the port date to 5 minutes into the future. It ported right on the second for both ....
    I noticed that my original port date set for November 16th 10am was labelled as something like no more port slots available or so ... but changing it into the very near future worked w/o a hitch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Blanco100 wrote: »
    set the porting for saturday at 10am but still hasnt changed over to my old number yet. Very annoying having a new number this long. is it just a waiting game?

Its nearly 4 days since it should have happened

I'm waiting since last Friday and finally got in touch with them yesterday thanks to this thread. The operator told me that the port had been rejected by Tesco although why this should be I don't know, it's a PAYG number. Don't waste time trying to get an email reply, get on the chat line. My point is that nobody bothered to tell me about this until I asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Marhay70 wrote: »
    I'm waiting since last Friday and finally got in touch with them yesterday thanks to this thread. The operator told me that the port had been rejected by Tesco although why this should be I don't know, it's a PAYG number. Don't waste time trying to get an email reply, get on the chat line. My point is that nobody bothered to tell me about this until I asked.

How did you get in touch with them?? two sims here and no mobile data. I have tried to contact via Twitter and no joy

How did you get in touch with them?? two sims here and no mobile data. I have tried to contact via Twitter and no joy

Live chat on their website is the best way

• Advertisement

There is no live chat that I can find???

Live chat is no longer available.

It is for me. Try refreshing the page couple of times or log out and log back in again. It can be a bit hit and miss sometimes.

It is for me

Would you mind sending me a screenshot Gloria Hot Word??

https://gomo.ie/

Hope that works I'm on the phone and haven't done this before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

ported my sim and the next day my screen cracked on my galaxy s6, gomo is crap cant wait to go back to eir.

Hope that works I'm on the phone and haven't done this before

Cheers Amsel, appreciate it x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Speedtest on sunday everyone must have been gone for a piss

You're welcome. As I said above try refreshing the page a few times or logging out and logging in again. It can be hit and miss sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,739 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

ported my sim and the next day my screen cracked on my galaxy s6, gomo is crap cant wait to go back to eir.

I don't get how the two things are related? Also GoMo is on the same physical network as eir so I wouldn't expect any differences from that perspective?

I've been on it weeks now and no issues whatsoever on GoMo's side - if anything the problem is with eir who've screwed up the billing on my previous bundle since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I don't get how the two things are related? Also GoMo is on the same physical network as eir so I wouldn't expect any differences from that perspective?

I've been on it weeks now and no issues whatsoever on GoMo's side - if anything the problem is with eir who've screwed up the billing on my previous bundle since.

I think he was joking

• Registered Users Posts: 28,739 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

physioman wrote: »
    I think he was joking

Ahhh! D'oh! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

Not at all, GOMO is great, with eir I had no 4g, now I do, for half the price and can call and text whoever I want for as long as I want :)

Best tenner spent in a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭budhabob

how long did people have to wait to receive their sim? I ordered 9 working days ago, and still no email to say its been dispatched.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 fenfoz

Ordered mine and received the sim the next day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Davexirl

I have had no issues with GoMo, I signed up after launch and I ported from Eir in a few minutes. I am roaming in the UK at the moment and everything works fine.

I ordered a sim for my ma and she had no issues with her port over. My mate jumped on and got the deal but it took 9 days for his sim to arrive, probably a sign of how demand is at the moment for GoMo.

For a tenner a month you can't go wrong. I was paying €35 a month for a similar package on Eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

disable your adblocker if you have one.thats what did it for me.

i finally got it all sorted through the chat,god bless you michael whoever you are.
    i said to him at the end of the chat (which went on for awhile) i need a drink after that and he replied so do i. :D

disable your adblocker if you have one.thats what did it for me.

i finally got it all sorted through the chat,god bless you michael whoever you are.
    i said to him at the end of the chat (which went on for awhile) i need a drink after that and he replied so do i. :D

Jesus, the poor help team :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Where can you see the status of your port on their website?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭ongarite

budhabob wrote: »
    how long did people have to wait to receive their sim? I ordered 9 working days ago, and still no email to say its been dispatched.

Same here, ordered last Monday, 31st October.
    No SIM, no number assigned on my login details or no email

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Ordered mine on Oct 24.
    Received yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jomcc

ongarite wrote: »
    Same here, ordered last Monday, 31st October.
    No SIM, no number assigned on my login details or no email

I had a similar situation. Ordered one for myself. Ordered one for my son a few days later. His arrived the following day after getting email telling him it's on the way. I heard nothing. Spent ages trying to contact them by email and chat. Never received any tracking number from an post. It landed in post box last week without any email. Took a little over 2 weeks.
    So far it's working fine though...........

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Loadedscream

So still no inbound service since they commenced the port on the 29th October. Finally decided to try and revert to virgin mobile and low and behold my old sim with them is back activated, they cancelled the port on their end as it was still not completed.

Now i have two sims both with my number on them the only difference being that the gomo sim cannot receive calls or texts, the virgin one is fully working.

I got straight onto virgin and instructed them to ensure that the port does not ever go though, filled out the cancellation form for GoMo and changed my credit card details to make sure they cant take the money due tomorrow.

They are by far the biggest sham of a company that i have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. Good riddance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭lolie

Ordered my sim on Friday 25th and it only arrived in the post this morning.
    Like you ongarite i got no email or have no number assigned on login.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Gazzmonkey wrote: »
    The only risk I can think of is.. if you trigger your own password reset on a 2FA account and it comes into the fraudsters phone, if that sms happens to have an email address or username mentioned then they would know where to go. Also, the number for that sms might give away what service the info is for.

Assuming a company is silly enough to provide that info in a 2FA sms which I doubt very much.

But the above would rely on you having already updated your 2FA accounts to use your new gomo number, but who would do that without first receiving the sim?

Once you have a SIM with someone else's number ported onto it, you could be able to log in to their online account by trying the number on all the mobile networks' websites and clicking on 'forgot password' until successful.

Assuming the 'forgot password' option sends an SMS code rather than an email, then you're in. Once in, under 'account details' you may be able to access a myriad of useful info including name, DOB, postal address, email address etc.

Edit: Just checked and Vodafone customers are vulnerable to this. Just enter mobile number, hit 'forgot password' and you're texted a reset code.

Three sensibly sends the reset code to your email if you have one registered and verified, but if not, texts it to you instead.

Eir requires your email to login so this issue doesn't arise.

Advertisement