Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo experience not good so far

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

*HUGE SECURITY & DATA PROTECTION BREACH

REPORT TO

COMREG
    DATA PROTECTION COMMISSION
    & GARDAI POLICE

If you have what appears to be another person's Sim

Eir (GoMo) needs to fix this mess up of delivery of sims to incorrect persons by mistake URGENTLY!
    It’s happening many many customers who have signed up . Everyday on GoMo Twitter account someone contacting support to report they have recieved someone else’s SIM card ! ( already activated and ready for use straight away )

GOMO ALSO NEEDS TO *NOT * SEND OUT THE SIM ACTIVATED FULLY ON 30Day Billpay Sim already activated and ready for use which If send to wrong person anyone can use ! As all PIN PUK ETC INCLUDED IN SIM Pack !

Yes ! ! ! because they could potentially

1 : run up a huge bill on you for usage while in their hands which you would then be liable for as sim named under your name ! And impossible then to prove !

2 : identity theft and bank & security access as banks etc use registered mobile number as security verification sometimes to verify !

CVB

• Registered Users Posts: 1 roneill9

For anyone who is having an issue with iphone xr and ported number not being able to receive calls or texts try the following;

Shout out to 'Agent Coulson' who posted this fix on another thread but which i cant link to here as I'm new member.

Fix
    turn off iMessage
    turn off Facetime
    sign out of iCloud
    turn off phone for 5 mins
    restart
    sign back into icloud

This worked for me, hopefully it works for a few others how might be experiencing this probem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I'm using one gomo as data SIM as a second sim. I'm not sure if I had a critical number Id risk porting.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

beauf wrote: »
    I'm using one gomo as data SIM as a second sim. I'm not sure if I had a critical number Id risk porting.

Interesting , see alot of comments here with people using the Sims for data . You'd hardly get much out of 80 GB a month though, streaming , or whatever .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I meant data on my phone. My main sim costs €10 for something like 500mb or something miniscule.

Not for data in the house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Sparkrite

CVB wrote: »

REPORT TO

COMREG
    & GARDAI POLICE

Eir (GoMo) needs to fix this mess up of delivery of sims to incorrect persons by mistake URGENTLY!
    It’s happening many many customers who have signed up . Everyday on GoMo Twitter account someone contacting support to report they have recieved someone else’s SIM card ! ( already activated and ready for use straight away )

GOMO ALSO NEEDS TO *NOT * SEND OUT THE SIM ACTIVATED FULLY ON 30Day Billpay Sim already activated and ready for use which If send to wrong person anyone can use ! As all PIN PUK ETC INCLUDED IN SIM Pack !

1 : run up a huge bill on you for usage while in their hands which you would then be liable for as sim named under your name ! And impossible then to prove !

2 : identity theft and bank & security access as banks etc use registered mobile number as security verification sometimes to verify !

CVB

What absolute unadulterated rubbish !!

1: Yeah a MASSIVE bill of €39.99 max. Have to re-mortgage the house, most likely. ( BTW SIMs are eminently traceable )

2. And again, there is just sooooo many things you can do with message like "536745" or even more with "xYY45qT". :rolleyes:

Get a grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Sparkrite wrote: »
    What absolute unadulterated rubbish !!

1: Yeah a MASSIVE bill of €39.99 max. Have to re-mortgage the house, most likely. ( BTW SIMs are eminently traceable )

2. And again, there is just sooooo many things you can do with message like "536745" or even more with "xYY45qT". :rolleyes:

Get a grip.

This is only one of things that can happen, https://m.soundcloud.com/cork103/sim-card-swap-fraud-cork-today?in=cork103/sets/cork-today
    You might think it's an non issue but some of the networks take it very seriously as it's a rampant problem at the moment that fraudsters are exploiting.
    If I had your sim there's quite a lot I could do to make you think it's something your should take seriously.

This is only one of things that can happen, https://m.soundcloud.com/cork103/sim-card-swap-fraud-cork-today?in=cork103/sets/cork-today
    You might think it's an non issue but some of the networks take it very seriously as it's a rampant problem at the moment that fraudsters are exploiting.
    If I had your sim there's quite a lot I could do to make you think it's something your should take seriously.

You need a lot more information other than a phone number and that is all that is on the SIMs we are talking about here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

You need a lot more information other than a phone number and that is all that is on the SIMs we are talking about here.

And the said phone number is more than likely not in the possession of the owners contacts yet either.

If it is a case the you got the wrong sim & somebody else got yours, report it to GoMo & sit tight until it's replaced. It's in no ones interest to hold onto the wrong sim really.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Issue finally resolved 17 days later. Can now receive calls and sms. I can just go ahead and use the service now and forget about gomo support. If it works for 10 a month I can’t complain. You really need to hound them every day to resolve issues unfortunately. I went as far as emailing the head of Eir, who actually responded. I’ve no doubt this helped to finally resolve the issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

Issue finally resolved 17 days later. Can now receive calls and sms. I can just go ahead and use the service now and forget about gomo support. If it works for 10 a month I can’t complain. You really need to hound them every day to resolve issues unfortunately. I went as far as emailing the head of Eir, who actually responded. I’ve no doubt this helped to finally resolve the issues.

The volume of porting must have been off the scale . Understandable with a new network . Glad I didn't jump in straight away . It may or may not have gone smoothly . But the above would have driven me demented .Think I ordered it last Wednesday. Have 16 days left with payg with Vodafone, so in no hurry . I also doubt I'll be home to sign for the delivery so that might cause more delays . It'll be interesting to say the least when I get it. I'm definetly not porting over straight away .

You don't know what your talking about if you assume having possession of someone elses phone number & sim card poses no problems for them.
    This isn't just a problem for gomo all the networks have an issue with it. Maybe research the subject and talk to some people who work in the industry before you spread misinformation.

You don't know what your talking about if you assume having possession of someone elses phone number & sim card poses no problems for them.
    This isn't just a problem for gomo all the networks have an issue with it. Maybe research the subject and talk to some people who work in the industry before you spread misinformation.

You have NO IDEA where I work or in what industry and indeed it is you who are spreading misinformation !!

You need an awful lot more than just a 'blank' sim. For God's sake you can go in and buy one in any phone shop.

Receiving a SIM from GoMo meant for someone else, and to do what you are purporting can be done , at the very least requires that you know the intended recipient's name, address, bank details, etc.

What are you going to do, ring every bank and say "Hi I'm John Doe, please send me all my money. I've forgotten all my details but sure here's my phone number. You can send me a text with some code or other. I'll read it back to you, sure what more proof could you need?"

Believe me, you need a lot more than just a blank SIM !!

You have NO IDEA where I work or in what industry !!

You need an awful lot more than just a 'blank' sim. For God's sake you can go in and buy one in any phone shop.

Receiving a SIM from GoMo meant for someone else, and to do what you are purporting can be done , at the very least requires that you know the intended recipient's name, address, bank details, etc.

What are you going to do, ring every bank and say "Hi I'm John Doe, please send me all my money. I've forgotten all my details but sure here's my phone number. You can send me a text with some code or other. I'll read it back to you, sure what more proof could you need?"

Believe me, you need a lot more than just a blank SIM !!

We're not taking about blank sims, where did anyone mention a blank sim.
    Seriously stop with the bullcrap you don't know what your talking about.

We're not taking about blank sims, where did anyone mention a blank sim.
    Seriously stop with the bullcrap you don't know what your talking about.

We were discussing the blank sims that GoMo send out in error to the wrong customer(s).
    At least that is what I was discussing, in keeping with the topic.
    I was answering CVB's post which is erroneous:-

REPORT TO

COMREG
    & GARDAI POLICE

CVB

BTW, I do not appreciate your cheap profanities and personal derogations.
    You know NOTHING, ZILCH, NIL about me or what I do for a living.

We were discussing the blank sims that GoMo send out in error to the wrong customer(s).
    At least that is what I was discussing, in keeping with the topic.
    I was answering CVB's post which is erroneous:-

BTW, I do not appreciate your cheap profanities and personal derogations.
    You know NOTHING, ZILCH, NIL about me or what I do for a living.

I know you don't work in the fraud department of a mobile network, I haven't made any more assumptions nor will I.

Will you go back and read the thread and come back and tell us why someone having your number isn't a problem again.

You told CVB get a grip when they were correct in what was said.

Just even give a hint how you would go about working a fraud with a SIM with an active number, say my new GoMo number (nothing else).

No name.
    No address.
    No details what so ever.

I could be male/female/ 18 - 80/ living in Cork - Donegal etc.
    All you have is a SIM with a new unused number.

Just even give a hint how you would go about working a fraud with a SIM with an active number, say my new GoMo number (nothing else).

No name.
    No address.
    No details what so ever.

I could be male/female/ 18 - 80/ living in Cork - Donegal etc.
    All you have is a SIM with a new unused number.

That's not a scenario anyone was referring to.

That is EXACTLY the scenario referenced :-

REPORT TO

COMREG
    & GARDAI POLICE

CVB

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

That's precisely the scenario. SIMs are occasionally sent to the wrong recipient. It's a completely new number and they don't know who should have it so how are they supposed to commit fraud with it?

• Advertisement

Ahh no your making a big assumption there that none of these wrong numbers are ports timed to happen. CVB is correct and i'm pretty sure they meant ported numbers when referring to fraud.

Ahh no your making a big assumption there that none of these wrong numbers are ports timed to happen. CVB is correct and i'm pretty sure they meant ported numbers when referring to fraud.

You are the one making assumptions.
    The rest of us are going on what was written and posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Ordered 18/10/19
    Received 28/10/19
    Speeds at home (approx 3km North East of Newport, Co. Tipperary) not great but usable. Speeds in Newport, Limerick & Ennis are good to very good.
    Scheduled porting of my number from Three for 09:15 hrs today 4/11/19 and this was completed by 09:22 hrs.

Overall I am satisfied with the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭The Orb

Ported this morning, no problems.
    Data speeds are very poor. I'm on Baggot St, 2.7 download on 4G.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭spuddy

Ordered on the 22nd, no SIM yet...

I did get an email over the weekend with my account number and the mygomo page now shows the phone number, PIN, PUK etc associated with the SIM.

Did others receive their SIM prior to the account activation happening, is the above experience consistent with your own?

spuddy wrote: »
    Ordered on the 22nd, no SIM yet...

I did get an email over the weekend with my account number and the mygomo page now shows the phone number, PIN, PUK etc associated with the SIM.

Did others receive their SIM prior to the account activation happening, is the above experience consistent with your own?

I got my sim a couple of days after the number was assigned to my on-line account.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭sliabh 1956

At present I use a pre pay for my mobile with3 If I apply to join GO Mo do I still have to apply to £ for a PAC

At present I use a pre pay for my mobile with3 If I apply to join GO Mo do I still have to apply to £ for a PAC

No

In my earlier post I forgot to say even though I am with pay as you go with 3 if I change to Go Mo and want to keep my old number do I syill need a PAC from 3

• Advertisement

Ten Pin wrote: »
    What's a PAC?

If your phone is locked to three network, it will need to be unlocked to work with any another network eg gomo

Its to do with porting an old number to a new sim card I think

Advertisement