Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo experience not good so far

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

nephster wrote: »
    My experience so far, both good and bad!
    Ordered two SIMs on launch day. SIM 1 arrived in two days (but didn't work for another four), SIM 2 arrived after six days and worked immediately.

SIM 2 ported fine on the specified day, done and dusted in five minutes.

SIM 1 is still not ported from Eir Prepay, 14 days after I first tried. I've been mainly communicating with GoMo through Twitter - you might get a reply that day, you might not - so I have a communication trail. I asked four times for the issue to be escalated before they did so. I then had to ask another four times (once a day) to get the case number. Was escalated six days ago.

At the mo I'm using an old phone with the GoMo SIM as a hotspot and carrying two phones, but that got old pretty fast. At least I still have my old number working (although, now two weeks out of credit) for things like payment authentication texts. I've had this number for nearly 20 years so do want to hang on to it.

For the record, sent email to complaints@gomo.ie yesterday. Thought I'd try porting today (as I have every day) and it was instantaneous.
    So, only took one email, 15 days and the 19 Twitter DMs... I now look forward to hopefully never, ever, having to contact GoMo support again.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭marsbar1

Quackster wrote: »
    What a selfish attitude.

If you were one of those who have posted in these threads who's existing SIM has died but their number hasn't ported to the GoMo SIM they have (or they haven't even received a GoMo SIM) and you were contacted by someone who had a GoMo SIM with your number ported to it, you'd be most grateful if they were to send that on to you rather than having to wait days, or weeks, for GoMo CS to sort you out.

I agree. There seems to be no concept of help thy neighbour by certain people now - only thinking about oneself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

marsbar1 wrote: »
    I agree. There seems to be no concept of help thy neighbour by certain people now - only thinking about oneself.

Did it take you four days to come up with that reply? 😂😂 well done

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭partnership

Have emailed three times to cancel and no response. End of month tomorrow and hoping they don't take money from my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭marsbar1

physioman wrote: »
    Did it take you four days to come up with that reply? ���� well done
    No, I've only just discovered this section of boards.ie tonight. I rarely come here actually, not that it's any of your business or concern. Now you've made yourself look even more of a fool than you do already with that response.

• Advertisement

marsbar1 wrote: »
    No, I've only just discovered this section of boards.ie tonight. I rarely come here actually, not that it's any of your business or concern. Now you've made yourself look even more of a fool than you do already with that response.

Are you still on holidays in Ireland?

Have emailed three times to cancel and no response. End of month tomorrow and hoping they don't take money from my account.

I got my money back 2 weeks after I cancelled. Did receive a cancellation email though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Still waiting on my sim, two weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

Still waiting on 2 Sims, but it's only been 7 days so worries yet.. I think

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Exactly this...they sent me a SIM that didnt match the details on my account. I must have got sent someone else's SIM and a different guy got my SIM. So when my number was ported over on the Thursday, he got my number. So anyone dialling or texting me got to talk to him! Emailed them on their Contact Us page and got no response so DM on twitter on Friday. They got back to me on Sunday and cancelled the port so dialling my number got a "This number is not in service". At least my number was no longer going to a random guy. They also cancelled the SIM I received.

They sent a replacement SIM which took a week to arrive which still didnt match the details in my account. Back to Twitter to query this and a day later they said it would automatically update when the SIM is activated. Followed their FAQ on activating and...nothing. No change in details on my account and no working phone..."SIM not provisioned" showing on the phone. So almost 2 weeks after I was ported over to GoMo and still no working phone. I've signed back up with my old provider and waiting on that SIM to arrive.

When things go well, Im sure its a seamless experience. But from my experience, when things go wrong it can be an absolute nightmare to get resolved.

I had the exact same scenario except I was able to cancel the number port in time. It took several times on Twitter and then via Web Chat and eventually the SIM activated. All good now but was a frustrating experience. You have to be very persistent... and the hit & miss nature of getting the Web Chat to appear didn't help.

Here's hoping now that the number port will be less painful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭bellylint

hey anybody know how to access their webchat? I cannot find a link to it on their website.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You have to disable your adblocker and pop-up blocker. It usually appears on the right hand side of the screen, in the middle. It's a little tab.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭bellylint

New Home wrote: »
    You have to disable your adblocker and pop-up blocker. It usually appears on the right hand side of the screen, in the middle. It's a little tab.

Thanks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Rearranged time for port was set for 10.01 this morning, all done and dusted by 10.10 so all I can say is, when the system works, it works well. Data speeds not impressive here in Wexford but then neither was Tesco or Meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Sim arrived today after two weeks. Popped it in. Works great. Super 4g speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Maxx355

Waiting since the 17/10/2019 for a sim to port. Contacted them several times and no reply. There chat facility now gone from there website. Definitely now worse then there parent company EIR.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

Initially signed-up/ordered on 15th October, with the set-up fee charged to my account on the day, as expected.

No sign of the SIM card but approx a week later the mobile number, PUK etc., were updated on the online account portal.

No SMS or email regarding dispatch has been received, I have tried chasing via online chat, email via the customer portal, FB messenger...& was informed that records showed the sim had been successfully delivered, on further investigation the customer service representative indicated that the SIM had not yet been created/dispatched - I am none the wiser.

Following the online chat session the ongoing issue was to be escalated and expedited - since then I have followed up via various channels (including online contact form and facebook messenger) but have not had any resolution, each time being reassured that the SIM will be arriving in the coming days & that the issue has been escalated - I have not received any confirmation of dispatch or escalation, nor explanation of what the issue is, if it has been escalated or if the SIM is ever likely to be dispatched.

[TL:DR]
    In summary; ordered 15th October, as of today; I have an order confirmation, paid for set-up, received a bill for the first month’s usage - due to be paid tomorrow (8th November) - I have no SIM, and therefore no access to service & no indication where/when/if I will ever receive a SIM, & no further updates from GOMO/EIR as to what has occurred in respect of the escalation process.

While I accept that such an offer will result in the company being initially busy, surely this was to be expected & staffed accordingly. This situation is extremely frustrating & does not inspire confidence in the service provision longer term.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

De Hipster wrote: »
    Initially signed-up/ordered on 15th October, with the set-up fee charged to my account on the day, as expected.

No sign of the SIM card but approx a week later the mobile number, PUK etc., were updated on the online account portal.

No SMS or email regarding dispatch has been received, I have tried chasing via online chat, email via the customer portal, FB messenger...& was informed that records showed the sim had been successfully delivered, on further investigation the customer service representative indicated that the SIM had not yet been created/dispatched - I am none the wiser.

Following the online chat session the ongoing issue was to be escalated and expedited - since then I have followed up via various channels (including online contact form and facebook messenger) but have not had any resolution, each time being reassured that the SIM will be arriving in the coming days & that the issue has been escalated - I have not received any confirmation of dispatch or escalation, nor explanation of what the issue is, if it has been escalated or if the SIM is ever likely to be dispatched.

[TL:DR]
    In summary; ordered 15th October, as of today; I have an order confirmation, paid for set-up, received a bill for the first month’s usage - due to be paid tomorrow (8th November) - I have no SIM, and therefore no access to service & no indication where/when/if I will ever receive a SIM, & no further updates from GOMO/EIR as to what has occurred in respect of the escalation process.

While I accept that such an offer will result in the company being initially busy, surely this was to be expected & staffed accordingly. This situation is extremely frustrating & does not inspire confidence in the service provision longer term.

Try ringing the 085 number in your My GoMo account. The likelihood is that it was delivered to the wrong address.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Hey Guys,

Ordered a 2nd SIM and its still not arrived..They have charged me activation fee and also charged me my first month usage however I have not even received the SIM. If I cancel under distance selling am I entitled to a full refund based on the fact that I have not received the sim yet im being charged for the service?

I see they have changed the wait period from 5 days to 10 working days. When I ordered it was 5

Thank s

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

skinny90 wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

Ordered a 2nd SIM and its still not arrived..They have charged me activation fee and also charged me my first month usage however I have not even received the SIM. If I cancel under distance selling am I entitled to a full refund based on the fact that I have not received the sim yet im being charged for the service?

I see they have changed the wait period from 5 days to 10 working days. When I ordered it was 5

Thank s

As above, it may have been delivered to the wrong address. Try ringing the 085 number assigned to it to see if somebody else has it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Serbian

Just to add to the varied experiences here, I ordered a GoMo SIM on the 28th October and received it today.

I put the SIM into my phone to activate it. I couldn’t connect to the network for a couple of hours but the details of the SIM eventually showed up on my GoMo account. Once that happened, I could access data and use the new phone number as expected.

I decided to immediately port my number from Eir. I set the port date to 15 minutes in the future. My Eir SIM went dead at the expected time, but it took another two hours until my number was on GoMo.

I use an iPhone, so the only remaining problem at that point was iMessage — it had the GoMo SIM number as the iMessage number. I turned iMessage off and back on again. It still listed the old number but as soon as iMessage reactivated, it updated to the correct number.

Overall, pretty happy. No noticeable difference in service from what I had before. Process was slower than expected but I could afford down time for my number. Can see how that might be annoying for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,958 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Ported about a week ago. Just realised that photo texts aren't being delivered. Anyone have this problem? Are there settings that can be changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Ported about a week ago. Just realised that photo texts aren't being delivered. Anyone have this problem? Are there settings that can be changed?

You need to set the MMS APN for that. You'll pay for each MMS you send though (30c per 100kb).

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭mraie

My experience has been a nightmare. Failed port two weeks ago. Account details don't match the sim gomo sent me and every time I try their support I have to start the explanation again. There seem completely unable to sort out any issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

ED E wrote: »
    You need to set the MMS APN for that. You'll pay for each MMS you send though (30c per 100kb).
    I'd recommend WhatsApp for that.

ED E wrote: »

i don't suppose you have the settings for that? I don't send many but receive a lot for work

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Gomo FAQ thread.

deremol wrote:
    Trying to port over 2 sims, keep getting asked to confirm mobile.. any ideas? would the new sim number be linked in some way to the old number and I'm trying to port the wrong mobile number to the new sim?? that make sense?

Sim mobile number should be visible on the website. You should be able to match your sim card with number on the website. Enter the number you want to port or if its already listed click on to it. Then hit the confirm number button

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭done4now

I ordered two SIM's one for me on the 17th with an address in Dublin and a second one for my mother on the 19th with a different address. The second SIM arrives on the 24th but I only have a number assigned to my account on this date. I email them about this but they tell me to wait a few more days but I never get the SIM card.

So on the 30th I decide to cancel my account by sending an email. Never get a reply so I email again but this time via the website and they reply the next day ask me to confirm my details but then I don't hear from them again.

In this mean time I have been able to go back to my parents house and test out the SIM my mother has gotten but the speeds are pretty crap but that is mainly due to the fact there are two Three and one Vodafone masts right beside the house. So I decide to cancel my mothers account and get a confirmation email 2 days after I send the request.

So on Tuesday I read here that the FB messenger chat is more responsive so I send a message. Then today I finally get a reply on FB messenger saying they'll cancel my account and give me a refund.

Got the email later on confirming the cancellation but lets see if I do indeed get a refund.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

Quackster wrote: »
    Try ringing the 085 number in your My GoMo account. The likelihood is that it was delivered to the wrong address.

Tried that, not connecting...seems it’s inactive. 🥴

Advertisement