Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo experience not good so far

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

OK I've heard enough, how do I cancel my order made the 30,10,19?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Macdarack wrote: »
    OK I've heard enough, how do I cancel my order made the 30,10,19?

Goto the help & support section of their site, details under the "When you leave" link

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

Gazzmonkey wrote: »
    Ok now been 9 days since ordering 2 sims, nothing in the post yet but two new 085 numbers + pins & puks did pop up on mygomo yesterday. Lets hope two matching sims arrive early next week.

Sims arrived earlier today, popped one in after I got home and service seems ok. Calls, texts & data all working, but the data is all over the place. I can only get 4G standing near a window or going outside. Inside it's just E never 3G or 4G. But I knew I was in bad area for data been surrounded by forests & hills.

With Three it was much the same but inside I was getting 3G which made it usable. I don't seem to get that with Gomo. Living in an old house with very thick walls doesn't help much.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

Gazzmonkey wrote: »
    Sims arrived earlier today, popped one in after I got home and service seems ok. Calls, texts & data all working, but the data is all over the place. I can only get 4G standing near a window or going outside. Inside it's just E never 3G or 4G. But I knew I was in bad area for data been surrounded by forests & hills.

With Three it was much the same but inside I was getting 3G which made it usable. I don't seem to get that with Gomo. Living in an old house with very thick walls doesn't help much.

Hmmmm. I just tested mine inside the house for the first time after reading your post . Turned off the Wifi . Oscillating between 4G & H+ . Relatively new house so no issues with walls . Getting less than 10mbs down . Never really tested it off wifi with Vodafone so don't know if that's good or bad . And have never had connection issues inside the house for calls or texts.

Edit : lol , I just checked the wife's phone with the Wifi turned on and she's with Vodafone. Only getting about 3.5mbs on Vodafone. Never realised our coverage was so **** in the house 😂

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I won't tell you what to do but surely your gut is telling you something.

Seemly delivered ahead of schedule. Online account will be updated over the weekend. I can then port. I haven’t set a date yet so I’m unaffected at the moment.
    lighthouse wrote: »
    I suggest you wait a day or 2, maybe it will show up then. When it does make sure it corresponds to the number on the SIM you have.

Exactly what customer care told me this evening. Aware of the number corresponding alright as another order for kids came with the wrong sim numbers. Thanks.
    Sparkrite wrote: »
    Assuming that you have an existing number was that same number on the address label on the package used to deliver your GoMo SIM?

My existing number is with Eir.
    The 2 new sims that arrived match what customer care have on record as assigned to my account so it should be a straight forward port over on Monday or Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

Sorry haven't read the full thread.....

Is anyone else having trouble making calls? I often have to try 7 or 8 times before a call will go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭blondeonblonde

Both my wife and I ported over with zero issues. Just so people know it's not all bad. Excellent speed for me in Dublin, haven't been anywhere else in the country yet so can't comment on that but I'm coming from Eir which is the same network so not expecting any issues. Speedtest the other day gave me 30.1 mbps download & 19mps up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Kerry25x wrote: »
    Sorry haven't read the full thread.....

Is anyone else having trouble making calls? I often have to try 7 or 8 times before a call will go through.

I have not experienced that at all. No complaints whatsoever so far with the service.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭kevin65

I received my SIM yesterday, but it's not working. Getting 'SIM card not supported' error message. Tried it in another phone and also got an error message. As the 2 phones used to test SIM are currently on the eir network(085....) I didn't think there should be an issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭WildIreland

kevin65 wrote: »
    I received my SIM yesterday, but it't not working. Getting 'SIM card not supported' error message. Tried it in another phone and also got an error message. Anyone have this problem? I tried to send a message on the gomo website but get an error! Not good so far. As the phone is currently on the eir network I didn't think there should be an issue.

Are you sure your phone is unlocked? That message normally means the phone is locked to another network and can't use the sim. Nothing to do with GoMo -- sounds like you need to contact the other network and get a network unlock code for your phone(s).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Gooser14

kevin65 wrote:
    I received my SIM yesterday, but it's not working. Getting 'SIM card not supported' error message. Tried it in another phone and also got an error message. As the 2 phones used to test SIM are currently on the eir network(085....) I didn't think there should be an issue?

Have you checked your online account to see whether it is showing your new GoMo number. The number has to be showing before you can activate the sim. I presume you have inputted the sim unlock pin.

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Have you checked your online account to see whether it is showing your new GoMo number. The number has to be showing before you can activate the sim. I presume you have inputted the sim unlock pin.

Yes, new number has been showing since mid week and card arrived yesterday. Card SIM PIN used to unlock.

Does the phone have to be unlocked even if it is currently on the 085 network? My new GoMo number is an 085 number.

Are you sure your phone is unlocked? That message normally means the phone is locked to another network and can't use the sim. Nothing to do with GoMo -- sounds like you need to contact the other network and get a network unlock code for your phone(s).

It's locked to the eir network with an 085 number, I assumed that since GoMo are also 085 then no need to unlock? I'll contact eir about the unlock code.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

nephster wrote: »
    For the record, sent email to complaints@gomo.ie yesterday. Thought I'd try porting today (as I have every day) and it was instantaneous.
    So, only took one email, 15 days and the 19 Twitter DMs... I now look forward to hopefully never, ever, having to contact GoMo support again.

Just an addendum to my experience above.
    Today (Sunday) I got a mail from Complaints after six days, reproduced exactly below:
    "Both port are been rejected from your current operator, You will have to get in touch with them to find out why."

So, trying to decipher that it seems Complaints are even worse and know less than the normal customer service, telling me that (both? I only mentioned one) ports were rejected by my previous network days after the port was finally successful. I'm somewhat at a loss as to how they can get it so wrong; I don't think I have the strength to reply.
    Anyway, fingers crossed I will never have to interact with GoMo's CS again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭TheChizler

kevin65 wrote: »
    It's locked to the eir network with an 085 number, I assumed that since GoMo are also 085 then no need to unlock? I'll contact eir about the unlock code.
    Your phone is locked to an operator, not a number.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,145 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

TheChizler wrote: »
    Your phone is locked to an operator, not a number.

Gomo is Eircom his sim works as far as I know.

From the gomo website..

GoMo is a trading name of eircom Limited....aka Eir

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Just saw this on twitter

"@GoMoIrelandCare will phones locked to the eir network work with a gomo sim?"
    Reply was :
    "All phones need to be unlocked to use our network !"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭DopeTech

jgbyr wrote: »
    Just saw this on twitter

Reply was :

We know that's not true though. Lots of people on here have put their new Sims in eir locked phones. GoMo customer care are just reading off a script it seems. They may as well just use a bot instead of real people to answer their queries if this is the level of answer they are giving.

Is be interested to know if all these porting issues are related to a specific network . Just out of interest . And maybe people where given too many options to choose from when porting and possibly made errors themselves . I think gomo were also willing to take a bit of criticism if there were any issues . They seem absolutely non plussed or bothered from their responses on social media if customers kick up a storm .
    You'd have to think they anticipated this now and are just letting things settle . it'll probably be forgotten about in a few months time .

• Registered Users Posts: 28,145 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Probably is a bot you don't get customer care for 9.99pm, this is aimed squarely at the young prepay/ student market the same as 48 in the €10pm space. If you expect service it's not a MVNO that should be on your radar.

• Advertisement

Probably is a bot you don't get customer care for 9.99pm, this is aimed squarely at the young prepay/ student market the same as 48 in the €10pm space. If you expect service it's not a MVNO that should be on your radar.

The whole porting thing almost put me off signing up . As well as the lack of customer care reported here & elsewhere . I'm not going to port my number for the time been . I wouldn't have patience to go through what people have here .

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭topdecko

my experience was pretty good in terms of porting - happened within 10 minutes of the scheduled time and been swapped over 3 weeks now. Phone calls are fine just have no data coverage where i am and very sparse in surrounding areas. Once you hit the bigger towns in South East though it is 4g and dependable. Can't really complain for a e10 per month. Vodafone data much better(4G at all times) but 3x price....

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Dannyman76

Have requested cancellation at the end of October but they haven't got back to me apart from sending my November's bill. Just as well I changed my billing info! Does the chat option work anymore? Nobody answers it as far as I can see

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sim_eire

Dannyman76 wrote: »
    Have requested cancellation at the end of October but they haven't got back to me apart from sending my November's bill. Just as well I changed my billing info! Does the chat option work anymore? Nobody answers it as far as I can see

I have been trying to open a chat and opened a few tickets, no response

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Dannyman76

Just got asked for my address so that's progress!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

jgbyr wrote: »
    Just saw this on twitter

Reply was :

GoMo is not an MVNO, its just a branding. Only difference is the picture on your bill.

Them pretending handset locked to Eir won't work is laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

sim_eire wrote: »
    I have been trying to open a chat and opened a few tickets, no response
    Similar problem here. Just got my Sim and cannot disable call forward/voicemail.
    Sent several emails and held on chat for over 60 mins.

If this is not resolved by next bill date, will cut my losses to 9.99 and not port in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭ThePott

Is anyone finding that when you stream music of data that it tends to pause at times?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Last night my account showed the phone number, PIN and PUK, and I got the SIM card this morning. So far so good, re making phone calls, but I haven't been able to set up internet access (my phone is unlocked but it's ancient, and it's still showing the details of the old networks. I've emailed GoMo asking them to send me the details I need (with other providers, it was just a matter of inserting the SIM and turning the phone on to get an SMS with the new settings. We'll see what happens.

If I have to find something to be disappointed about, I suppose it's that I got my SIM in a normal branded envelope, instead of getting the fancy "drawer" box. I'll survive, though. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Ahhhh, just when I thought it was all going so well........

I ported over my number a couple of weeks ago. Had a few problems but they were sorted, and I've had a perfect service since. It was so good that I ordered another sim for my son. Arranged a port over of his number for this morning. Lo and behold, 8am they took my number out of service, put my son's number onto my sim and activated my son's sim with a new number. How can they get so much so wrong? And of course, no response from chat. I'm trying to get them by email now but I don't hold out much hope before the weekend.

Nothing from customer service so I emailed their complaints this morning. No joy there either, so got on to comreg. Comreg stated that I have to give complaints 2 days to respond, then 10 days to come up with a solution. After that they take up the case.

Advertisement