Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo experience not good so far

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sim_eire

Hi all, is anyone failing to receive SMS from certain people since moving to GOMO? A few of my contacts have sent SMS to me but I have not received these. ALSO AIB verification SMS is not coming through when trying to setup mobile banking. GOMO support response was "If you're having problems receiving SMS from a bank or other organisation we advise you to contact them directly with your query. We have found in some of these scenarios that these messages are being sent using a route that we cannot support. Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done at our end to facilitate the messages being delivered to your phone at this time. " which does not help at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

Ok now been 9 days since ordering 2 sims, nothing in the post yet but two new 085 numbers + pins & puks did pop up on mygomo yesterday. Lets hope two matching sims arrive early next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

How can you check the status of your port on the site? Ive seen some people say there is an update as to status (in progress, rejected etc.)

Can anyone advise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Received email from them that my bill was returned unpaid. Money in the account and should be no reason it wasn’t paid. Attempted to pay through the website and it keeps crashing. They’re seriously bad... I’ll be moving back to virgin mobile
    next month if this keeps up. Haven’t the patience to deal with issues like this every month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

sim_eire wrote: »
    Hi all, is anyone failing to receive SMS from certain people since moving to GOMO? A few of my contacts have sent SMS to me but I have not received these. ALSO AIB verification SMS is not coming through when trying to setup mobile banking. GOMO support response was "If you're having problems receiving SMS from a bank or other organisation we advise you to contact them directly with your query. We have found in some of these scenarios that these messages are being sent using a route that we cannot support. Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done at our end to facilitate the messages being delivered to your phone at this time. " which does not help at all!

So basically if you want to be guaranteed to receive sms then move network. I have to say at this stage it’s looking like you get what you pay for with this crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ridonkulous

Received email from them that my bill was returned unpaid. Money in the account and should be no reason it wasn’t paid. Attempted to pay through the website and it keeps crashing. They’re seriously bad... I’ll be moving back to virgin mobile
    next month if this keeps up. Haven’t the patience to deal with issues like this every month

Got the same email for one account but not the other and I'm using the same card for payment on both. I'm not at the leaving stage yet by any means but I've had a few issues now, if there are many more I may have to have a rethink.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sim_eire

So basically if you want to be guaranteed to receive sms then move network. I have to say at this stage it’s looking like you get what you pay for with this crowd.

it seems that I will have to move back to my previous provider. I tried to engage Chat support to review why SMS are failing to receive and she asked me for timestamps of this. How can you have timestamp of something that failed to be received on my end?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Gooser14

sim_eire wrote:
    it seems that I will have to move back to my previous provider. I tried to engage Chat support to review why SMS are failing to receive and she asked me for timestamps of this. How can you have timestamp of something that failed to be received on my end?

Perhaps she was looking the sent timestamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

Gazzmonkey wrote: »
    Ok now been 9 days since ordering 2 sims, nothing in the post yet but two new 085 numbers + pins & puks did pop up on mygomo yesterday. Lets hope two matching sims arrive early next week.

Similar. 13 WORKING days now and nothing. Two sims assigned and already a bill for two sims. WTF. A bill for what....I have no service...

• Registered Users Posts: 30 walaw

My wife's number was due to port yesterday but it never happened. Today she has her phone at work and it had lost signal. We assume the port has started. Unfortunately the new SIM is at home.
    Does anyone know if it is ok to leave adding the new SIM for a few hours until this evening? Our is there a time constraint which means the new SIM has to be activated within a certain time period of the port beginning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

walaw wrote: »
    My wife's number was due to port yesterday but it never happened. Today she has her phone at work and it had lost signal. We assume the port has started. Unfortunately the new SIM is at home.
    Does anyone know if it is ok to leave adding the new SIM for a few hours until this evening? Our is there a time constraint which means the new SIM has to be activated within a certain time period of the port beginning?

No problem leaving the new sim until this evening.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 30 walaw

Thanks for confirming

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

I ported as soon as I entered new sim. Should I have left old sim in and waited for old network to become inactive before entering new sim?

Port hasn't gone through at all, still have new sim in (with new number) and it works fine but obviously want my old number

Cant get a clear answer on this

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Evil_g

Blanco100 wrote: »
    I ported as soon as I entered new sim. Should I have left old sim in and waited for old network to become inactive before entering new sim?

Port hasn't gone through at all, still have new sim in (with new number) and it works fine but obviously want my old number

Cant get a clear answer on this

If the new sim doesn't work yet, your old one probably still does.

Have you tried the old one?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Greatos

I ordered my SIM card on the 21st October but until now, haven't received anything! I posted my issue twice on the gomo support site but haven't received any response! I was charged 9.99 euros for last month and I got another bill due the 15th of this month!
    what phone number can I call to get some help here!!
    any help would be really appreciated! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Greatos wrote: »
    I ordered my SIM card on the 21st October but until now, haven't received anything! I posted my issue twice on the gomo support site but haven't received any response! I was charged 9.99 euros for last month and I got another bill due the 15th of this month!

Try emailing customercare@gomo.ie
    Think there is the option of fb as well. No phone number to ring them.

Surely it is illegal to take another 9.99 from you when no service is provided. They will probably spin you a yarn that the sim was delivered. Ask for proof. Contact comreg also.

Good luck with it. I'm a great believer in things happen for a reason and through my poor experience with them, gomo just wasn't for me. Seems to have gone swimmingly for some but for others it has been a disaster. The only good to come out of it is that three are matching them on price for existing customers on sim/ bill pay plans.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

physioman wrote: »
    Good luck with it. I'm a great believer in things happen for a reason and through my poor experience with them, gomo just wasn't for me. Seems to have gone swimmingly for some but for others it has been a disaster. The only good to come out of it is that three are matching them on price for existing customers on sim/ bill pay plans.

Interesting, I must give Three a call

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Ahhhh, just when I thought it was all going so well........

I ported over my number a couple of weeks ago. Had a few problems but they were sorted, and I've had a perfect service since. It was so good that I ordered another sim for my son. Arranged a port over of his number for this morning. Lo and behold, 8am they took my number out of service, put my son's number onto my sim and activated my son's sim with a new number. How can they get so much so wrong? And of course, no response from chat. I'm trying to get them by email now but I don't hold out much hope before the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

My sim arrived this morning and I arranged my port for lunchtime. Lost my service just after lunch and new SIM is working fine now. It does sound like a disaster to fall through the cracks though!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Sim arrived but I’ve no number assigned to me on my online account so I can’t port. What do I do.

Various mails sent but no reply. Web chat just hanging there waiting for an agent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Loadedscream

Greatos wrote: »

Change the expiry date on the card you gave them, it will ensure the next payment doesn't go through for them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,147 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

kceire wrote: »
    Sim arrived but I’ve no number assigned to me on my online account so I can’t port. What do I do.

Various mails sent but no reply. Web chat just hanging there waiting for an agent!

I won't tell you what to do but surely your gut is telling you something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Change the expiry date on the card you gave them, it will ensure the next payment doesn't go through for them anyway.

Or change it to revolut card as payment and don't top it up. Both will work

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

I suggest you wait a day or 2, maybe it will show up then. When it does make sure it corresponds to the number on the SIM you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Sparkrite

Assuming that you have an existing number was that same number on the address label on the package used to deliver your GoMo SIM?

Trying to change my old number over. When I put in my old number (non go mo number) I am not getting a verification code. Any ideas what I am doing wrong.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Got in touch with Three, they first offered 20 and told me all the great things about Three.
    Then told me the lowest they could offer was 15, I said thats still 60e a year more then I want to spend.

Eventually they gave in and gave me 10e SIM only but only for 12 months, I'll take it for now. Saves me porting. Happy Days
    30min well spent!

Wife however isn't on Three SIM Only so still going to switch her over to GoMo, got the SIM today but forgot her handset was locked to provider so waiting on unlock code. Bloody annoying as waiting on the sim since around the 26th Oct.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Cabaal wrote: »
    Got in touch with Three, they first offered 20 and told me all the great things about Three.
    Then told me the lowest they could offer was 15, I said thats still 60e a year more then I want to spend.

Eventually they gave in and gave me 10e SIM only but only for 12 months, I'll take it for now. Saves me porting. Happy Days
    30min well spent!

Wife however isn't on Three SIM Only so still going to switch her over to GoMo, got the SIM today but forgot her handset was locked to provider so waiting on unlock code. Bloody annoying as waiting on the sim since around the 26th Oct.

Aside from price, is the 3 offering the same as GoMo regarding calls, txt's data & roaming?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Aside from price, is the 3 offering the same as GoMo regarding calls, txt's data & roaming?

Here's the plan details
    Price plan:
    3 Unlimited Flex Max SIMO
    Monthly Line Rental EUR 10.00 for 12 months (EUR 30/month thereafter)
    30 day contract

Temporary Discounts:
    12 Month discount applies

Add Ons:All You Can Eat Data Service - ROI EUR 0.00

Plan name is same as https://www.three.ie/plans/sim-only/bill-pay/
    But just with the price discount.

Tried to get them to move on the 12 month limit on the discount but they wouldn't budge and told me to move to GoMo otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

Cabaal wrote: »
    Here's the plan details

Plan name is same as https://www.three.ie/plans/sim-only/bill-pay/
    But just with the price discount.

Tried to get them to move on the 12 month limit on the discount but they wouldn't budge and told me to move to GoMo otherwise.

Can you tether on that?

Advertisement