Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asylum Seekers Getting Apartments in Ballinamore - mod warning in OP (18/10)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭blueshade

More unverified nonsense. Why can’t you and your ilk provide any backup to your claims?

Another post from another useful idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

blueshade wrote: »
    No worries, as long as there are useful idiots like yourself the problem will continue.

There’s only one dupe evidenced here. It’s the one shilling fairy tales.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭blueshade

On page 5 the Minister for Justice states that the average person granted asylum here requests family reunification for 20 relative and the largest request has been for 70. Oxfam refutes that, but then they would, they need that taxpayer funded NGO money. A long time ago a different Minister for Justice stated that the vast majority of asylum seekers are spoofers who should be stopped at the airport.

https://www.irishrefugeecouncil.ie/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/3678-Oxfam-Refugee-Report_FINAL.pdf

Their asylum claims were a crock of ****e 14 years ago and nothing has changed.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/mcdowell-rubbishes-tall-stories-of-some-asylum-seekers-25985727.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Boggles wrote: »
    They can after 9 months, there is barriers but they do and can work.

Plenty working in the hospitality sector in Lisdoonvarna.

You’ve got me there Boggles. I’d completely forgotten that both Ballinamore and Borrisokane are tourist hotspots and hubs of rural Ireland just like lisdoonvarna and that the many hotels pubs and clubs there are crying out for staff to meet the constant year round demand. It’s not as if either of these villages is an unemployment black spot or anything like that ...

But the people on housing lists when those 70 people were put ahead of them won't have found it funny anymore than anyone on a housing list in any town or village in Ireland is finding it funny when an African, Pakistani or Bangladeshi family is put into a property ahead of them based on nothing but skin colour and a well rehearsed bogus sob story.

How many of those people on lists waiting for houses will go & live in Ballinamore?
    Because there are plenty of other houses there for them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,900 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

On page 5 the Minister for Justice states that the average person granted asylum here requests family reunification for 20 relative and the largest request has been for 70. Oxfam refutes that, but then they would, they need that taxpayer funded NGO money. A long time ago a different Minister for Justice stated that the vast majority of asylum seekers are spoofers who should be stopped at the airport.

https://www.irishrefugeecouncil.ie/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/3678-Oxfam-Refugee-Report_FINAL.pdf

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/mcdowell-rubbishes-tall-stories-of-some-asylum-seekers-25985727.html

Where in the link does it say that the request was granted?

Absolutely nothing in that link backs up your claim. If you can provide verification I’ll gladly accept it. You, along with the group protesting seem to be falling foul of right wing propaganda. You see something claimed in the media then you repeat it as fact. It undermines your entire contribution to any debate.
    Now, instead of going off on a passive aggressive rant can you provide what I seek please?
    So you got a link but you don’t like the link and you want another link. Now you say that the protest group are lying and I’m lying.
    You sarcastically suggested that I wouldn’t like to be referred to as a bull****ter but now I am the passive aggressive person.
    All of the protestors in all of the towns and all of their supporters have been brainwashed by right wing propoganda including the Nigerian woman who was an asylum seeker herself but who is to the forefront of the protest.
    Hmmm. I see.....

More unverified nonsense. Why can’t you and your ilk provide any backup to your claims?

When the Syrian refugees were brought to Ireland in Oct 2014 they were in Mosney till Feb 2015. Where were they housed then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

Boggles wrote: »
    Syrians vacationing back in Syria?

Sounds legit.

Also voiceofeurope.com? Do yourself a favor FFS.

well, i'll do yourself a favor and post the DW link

https://www.dw.com/en/germanys-seehofer-warns-refugees-who-take-syria-vacations/a-50069317
    - fyi, DW is quite pro refugees, I wouldn't have thought they report on it if it was non-sense.

Also from the link above: << Talking to the Sunday edition of the mass-circulation Bild newspaper, Seehofer said German authorities were closely monitoring the situation in Syria. "When the conditions allow, we will conduct deportations," he said.>>

On page 5 the Minister for Justice states that the average person granted asylum here requests family reunification for 20 relative and the largest request has been for 70.

Nope. The 2017 statement was that the average claim was for 20, and the largest for 70. No claim for 70 was ever entertained. 750 applications were made for family reunification in that year, resulting in 530 family members being reunited. So nothing like 20 relatives per application granted, let alone 70.

https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/debate/seanad/2017-11-08/12/?highlight%5B0%5D=family&highlight%5B1%5D=reunification&highlight%5B2%5D=70&highlight%5B3%5D=family&highlight%5B4%5D=reunification&highlight%5B5%5D=family&highlight%5B6%5D=reunification&highlight%5B7%5D=reunification&highlight%5B8%5D=family&highlight%5B9%5D=family&highlight%5B10%5D=reunification&highlight%5B11%5D=family&highlight%5B12%5D=family&highlight%5B13%5D=reunification

http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Immigration_in_Ireland_Annual_Review_2017.pdf/Files/Immigration_in_Ireland_Annual_Review_2017.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Which is locking people up in a prison type system. Why do asylum seekers have to be locked way from Irish people? Why do you want to create a massive ghetto in Meath?

The people currently in Mosney are not locked up. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

alastair wrote: »
    It’s a nonsensical story that never happened. That’s why you won’t read anything about it.

A bit like your claim of deportations .

1800 in ten years ,

7500 + not deported but 60,000 have been through dp now we have some the highest refusal rates yet very few deportations .

Seems like this lie isn't going away

• Registered Users Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭enricoh

Anyone know who it is thats says yay or nay to the asylum seekers when they present their case?
    Rejection rates used to be 90 odd% n are now 70 odd % iirc.
    There was a fella on lmfm local radio interviewed a couple of years ago that used to sit on the panel. He more or less said he was replaced due to his low spoofer threshold and one of the refugee quangos picked a more suitable (for them!) replacement.

Gatling wrote: »

1800 in ten years ,

7500 + not deported but 60,000 have been through dp now we have some the highest refusal rates yet very few deportations .

Unlike those issued with deportation orders - who have.

The people currently in Mosney are not locked up. :rolleyes:

Most seem to have cars love to know who is funding the car , insurance and tax being how little they receive in SW

• Registered Users Posts: 41,054 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

splinter65 wrote: »
    Asylum seekers cannot work legally and cannot claim SW. people need money to live. How do you propose they live from day to day?

You dont even seem to know what you are talking about

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/moving_country/asylum_seekers_and_refugees/services_for_asylum_seekers_in_ireland/direct_provision.html

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

You'll be lucky. It was acknowledged by the government at that time but has been well buried since then. I wonder how many others there were. I've no doubt you'll snigger, poo poo it and get a giggle from it. But the people on housing lists when those 70 people were put ahead of them won't have found it funny anymore than anyone on a housing list in any town or village in Ireland is finding it funny when an African, Pakistani or Bangladeshi family is put into a property ahead of them based on nothing but skin colour and a well rehearsed bogus sob story.

So basically you are making fake news and spreading it as far right propaganda

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Your link does not prove that 1 person was granted leave to be reunited with 70 family members. You are clearly spreading fake news.

Terry Pratchet

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,094 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You'll be lucky. It was acknowledged by the government at that time but has been well buried since then. I wonder how many others there were. I've no doubt you'll snigger, poo poo it and get a giggle from it. But the people on housing lists when those 70 people were put ahead of them won't have found it funny anymore than anyone on a housing list in any town or village in Ireland is finding it funny when an African, Pakistani or Bangladeshi family is put into a property ahead of them based on nothing but skin colour and a well rehearsed bogus sob story.

blueshade is now forum banned for a while, and when back is banned from posting in this thread again, so please do not respond further to their posts

Thanks

They have to wait 9 months before they can apply for permission to work. Then they have to wait for permission to be granted. Then that permission is only granted for 6 months before they have to apply for further permission. Why do people not know these things?

• Advertisement

enricoh wrote: »
    Anyone know who it is thats says yay or nay to the asylum seekers when they present their case?
    Rejection rates used to be 90 odd% n are now 70 odd % iirc.
    There was a fella on lmfm local radio interviewed a couple of years ago that used to sit on the panel. He more or less said he was replaced due to his low spoofer threshold and one of the refugee quangos picked a more suitable (for them!) replacement.

The stats haven’t really changed. The 70% aberration is on account of a glut of Syrian refugees who were essentially all accepted. The ratio of successful claims outside the Syrians remains around 10%. The claims are assessed by international protection officers - who’s role is to investigate the evidence presented by the claimants with the situation in their home country. Given the low ratio of successful claims, it’s rather unlikely your fella would be replaced due to his level of rejections.

Most seem to have cars love to know who is funding the car , insurance and tax being how little they receive in SW

You get that asylum seekers are not all necessarily impoverished? They can have savings to use for buying and running a car? And there are 600 asylum seekers in Mosney. Most clearly do not have cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

splinter65 wrote: »
    So you got a link but you don’t like the link and you want another link. Now you say that the protest group are lying and I’m lying.
    You sarcastically suggested that I wouldn’t like to be referred to as a bull****ter but now I am the passive aggressive person.
    All of the protestors in all of the towns and all of their supporters have been brainwashed by right wing propoganda including the Nigerian woman who was an asylum seeker herself but who is to the forefront of the protest.
    Hmmm. I see.....

No. You provided a link which stated a group of people are claiming the same thing you are claiming. I asked you for a link to verify that claim. Do you see the difference. Now, can you verify your claim or not? As I have already said I’ll gladly accept it if you can.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

alastair wrote: »
    You get that asylum seekers are not all necessarily impoverished?

So why are we the taxpayer paying hundreds of millions for housing and tens of millions on free legal aid ,if these migrants /asylum seekers can afford to pay there own way ??

So why are we the taxpayer paying hundreds of millions for housing and tens of millions on free legal aid ,if these migrants /asylum seekers can afford to pay there own way ??

Because there’s a difference between a minority being able to afford to run a car for their family, and being able to pay for legal services. Legal aid is means tested for asylum seekers, just as it is for everyone else. If there’s asylum seekers who have plenty of money, they can opt to accommodate themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,281 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Which is locking people up in a prison type system. Why do asylum seekers have to be locked way from Irish people? Why do you want to create a massive ghetto in Meath?

AS are perfectly free to leave DP any time they like.

They initially have to wait for their decision.

After that, they choose to appeal, and appeal, and so must stay in DP.

Geuze wrote: »
    AS are perfectly free to leave DP any time they like.

They initially have to wait for their decision.

After that, they choose to appeal, and appeal, and so must stay in DP.

He was responding to a suggestion that Mosney be expanded and have security around it. Which sounds pretty much like a prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Ppl are focusing on the security aspect

There should be some level of security in a facility housing minors and vulnerable ppl.

Leave that as a given to one side. The advantage of having a centralized asylum centre is you can scale up the facilities education healthcare integration courses etc. and it’s a one stop shop. It’s a win win for the asylum seekers and also the centres around the country can be closed down and converted into accommodation for ppl on the long term housing list

Ppl are focusing on the security aspect

There should be some level of security in a facility housing minors and vulnerable ppl.

Just like there is on every school in the country? 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,941 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

1800 in ten years ,

Are you suggesting there is 67,500 failed asylum seekers still living in the country.

2 questions.

How?

Where?

Asylum Seekers are not entitled to a drivers license.

Have you proof of your claim that "most" have cars?

Advertisement