Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asylum Seekers Getting Apartments in Ballinamore - mod warning in OP (18/10)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Ppl are focusing on the security aspect

There should be some level of security in a facility housing minors and vulnerable ppl.

Leave that as a given to one side. The advantage of having a centralized asylum centre is you can scale up the facilities education healthcare integration courses etc. and it’s a one stop shop. It’s a win win for the asylum seekers and also the centres around the country can be closed down and converted into accommodation for ppl on the long term housing list

Too much common sense in this post .

Too bad the boo boys have nothing to say other than makey up opinion masqueraded as fact

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Boggles wrote: »
    Asylum Seekers are not entitled to a drivers license.

Have you proof of your claim that "most" have cars?

Of course he doesn’t. There’s 730 residents in Mosney, and on any given day there’s about 80 cars in the car park - including those owned by the staff. Some asylum seekers there do have cars.

A foreign/international driving licence will suffice legally for a year’s driving, and less legally, for the remainder of the time spent in DP.

alastair wrote: »
    There’s 730 residents in Mosney, and on any given day there’s about 80 cars in the car park - including those owned by the staff. Some asylum seekers there do have cars.

Have you actually counted the cars in money at all not being bad you have made multiple claims that you couldn't back up ,

Did you suggest you were in galway previously but now you know how many cars are in mosney which one is it

Gatling wrote: »
    Have you actually counted the cars in money at all not being bad you have made multiple claims that you couldn't back up ,

Did you suggest you were in galway previously but now you know how many cars are in mosney which one is it

I tried. But I can make no sense of the above.

I tried. But I can make no sense of the above.

It's pretty clear ,

Or is this another case of you can't back up anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,941 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

It's pretty clear ,

Speaking of backing things up, when you get a chance could you answer the below please.
    Are you suggesting there is 67,500 failed asylum seekers still living in the country.

2 questions.

How?

Where?

Have you proof of your claim that "most" have cars?

It's pretty clear ,

It’s really not. Try reframing it in English.

splinter65 wrote: »
    They have to wait 9 months before they can apply for permission to work. Then they have to wait for permission to be granted. Then that permission is only granted for 6 months before they have to apply for further permission. Why do people not know these things?

As an immigrant yourself, how long do you think they should have to wait until they can work?

Speaking of backing things up, when you get a chance could you answer the below please.

Please leave a message after the tone ......

It’s really not. Try reframing it in English.

Nice herrr grammar Nazi

Still won't change a thing

• Advertisement

Nice herrr grammar Nazi

Still won't change a thing

I thought so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Same ones they have made to the likes Lisdoonvarna I imagine.
    In what way is it thriving if you don't mind me asking to explain your point

Take some of your own advice there bogsie, will you answer my question or are you selective with which questions you do answer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

There's skin in the game with some people here definitely

• Registered Users Posts: 39,941 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Take some of your own advice there bogsie, will you answer my question or are you selective with which questions you do answer

Relax lad, I didn't see your question.

I have friends that are from the area who echo the various positive stories written about it.

Why do you seem so shocked that asylum seekers would have a positive effect on a local community?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,094 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Please could everyone re-read the mod warning in the OP - threadbans, cards and bans may be on the way to some that don't (and indeed anyone that does and chooses to ignore it)

Fair warning

any questions, please PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Relax lad, I didn't see your question.

I have friends that are from the area who echo the various positive stories written about it.

Why do you seem so shocked that asylum seekers would have a positive effect on a local community?

Like what though, i haven't seen it myself, lisdoonvarna is dying on its feet, what has the introduction of a dp centre done to enhance the local area

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

Imagine joining the housing list as a single man in 2019, you can't win as a single Irishman in 2019, you be laughed at for living with your mother by the same people who are put at the top of the housing list. You can keep your housing list and I'll maybe inherit my fathers rural bungalow, I think I have earned it too the amount of times I have to mow the lawns in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

enricoh wrote: »
    Anyone know who it is thats says yay or nay to the asylum seekers when they present their case?
    Rejection rates used to be 90 odd% n are now 70 odd % iirc.
    There was a fella on lmfm local radio interviewed a couple of years ago that used to sit on the panel. He more or less said he was replaced due to his low spoofer threshold and one of the refugee quangos picked a more suitable (for them!) replacement.

looking at some stats for this year - so few are rejected from first applicants:
    Q1 - rejected 37 out of 300
    Q2 - rejected 32 out of 420

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

It's amazing the amount of posts here that can't even reach the standard of leaving cert English and yet want to get rid of all the "fordeners"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

pinkyeye wrote: »
    It's amazing the amount of posts here that can't even reach the standard of leaving cert English and yet want to get rid of all the "fordeners"

Can you give us some examples?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

pinkyeye wrote: »

Illiteracy is rampant alright. Some people can't read points being made.

Illiteracy is rampant alright. Some people can't read points being made.

Gibberish makes no point.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

You guys needs to be more sensitive to people with dyslexia.

Or that just never picked up a book in their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

biko wrote: »
    You guys needs to be more sensitive to people with dyslexia.

Or that just never picked up a book in their lives.

Its ok, they have invented a cure for Dyslexia, which is music to my arse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

Which is locking people up in a prison type system. Why do asylum seekers have to be locked way from Irish people? Why do you want to create a massive ghetto in Meath?

There is plenty of evidence of asylum scammers and even legitimate fugees engaging in anti-social behaviour, arson, and even sexual assault. Please use your virtue signalling to also pretend to care about the innocents harmed by these acts.

Google around if you want. I won't be your babysitter on it.
    All asylum seekers with deportation orders leave the country - the only exception being those who receive a ministerial order of protection - very rare. The vast majority leave the country without a need for enforcement, the notion that the only deportees are those who’s order requires enforcement is bizarre, to say the least.

Proof?

Oh yeah, you have none.

New thread I suppose, but maybe you should be thread banned on the topic instead of individual threads on the topic because you utilize the same tactics every time and they just aren't working for you...

Simple. It didn’t happen.

As to refugees returning to Syria - there’s never any obligation on refugees to return at all. Never was. Many will take up Irish citizenship.

Yeah this should not be happening. We safeguard genuine cases while the conflict goes on, but they should be returning home to rebuild once it's over. Why is 'caught up in a war 10 years ago' suddenly better than 'Masters Graduate' for permission to be in a foreign country? Having a great education and skillset has you down at immigration renewing every year but fleeing war gets you lifetime access? Nonsensical.
    john4321 wrote: »
    Where in the link does it say that the request was granted?

Does it matter? It's proof that there are asylum scammers out there, and yours and other people's answer to that is not to show concern, but to sealion instead?
    The people currently in Mosney are not locked up. :rolleyes:

Now now don't be messing with joey's plan to say something repeatedly until he can get everyone around him to accept it as fact.

PRISONS PRISONS PRISONS

• Registered Users Posts: 41,054 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

PostWoke wrote: »
    There is plenty of evidence of asylum scammers and even legitimate fugees engaging in anti-social behaviour, arson, and even sexual assault. Please use your virtue signalling to also pretend to care about the innocents harmed by these acts.

Google around if you want. I won't be your babysitter on it.

Proof?

Oh yeah, you have none.

New thread I suppose, but maybe you should be thread banned on the topic instead of individual threads on the topic because you utilize the same tactics every time and they just aren't working for you...

Yeah this should not be happening. We safeguard genuine cases while the conflict goes on, but they should be returning home to rebuild once it's over. Why is 'caught up in a war 10 years ago' suddenly better than 'Masters Graduate' for permission to be in a foreign country? Having a great education and skillset has you down at immigration renewing every year but fleeing war gets you lifetime access? Nonsensical.

Does it matter? It's proof that there are asylum scammers out there, and yours and other people's answer to that is not to show concern, but to sealion instead?

Now now don't be messing with joey's plan to say something repeatedly until he can get everyone around him to accept it as fact.

PRISONS PRISONS PRISONS

As opposed to your far right rhetoric?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

As opposed to your far right rhetoric?

lmfao more deflecting. I'm extremely progressive and moderate leaning mate I just don't accept scammers who endanger innocents. And it shouldn't be easier for scammers with nothing to offer to live in their country of choice than people who have worked all their lives.

Don't think many far righters are particularly keen on taking in genuine cases like Syrians/Rohynghia, you might wanna read my posts until you understand them fully...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

There is no far right in Ireland. It's a childish bogeyman used by the left to legitimise their own policies.

Evidence: every single election since the foundation of the state. Even mild, economic right wing parties struggle for any support (PDs, Renua).

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,094 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

PostWoke wrote: »
    Your application to be a moderator on this forum is being considered. Alas I'm not very hopeful for you at this stage. Could you therefore leave the modding to the mods until and unless your appointment is confirmed

Any questions, please PM me

• Advertisement

There is no far right in Ireland.

Completely incorrect, in fact from what I'm seeing, this website is riddled with them and is probably their primary stomping ground.

Related breaking news;

Will be interested to see where these individuals hailed from, and if the driver is actually guilty of anything or is just being thrown under the bus. Coming from Bulgaria rather than a more southernly direction makes me think they might be Syrians, very unfortunate if so.
    Beasty wrote: »
    Your application to be a moderator on this forum is being considered.

Thank you, I promise I will do you proud daddy.

Advertisement