Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

moans3536 wrote: »
    Does anybody know, DO you HAVE to port across your phone number.
    Can you keep the number gomo give you and use that as a new number,
    or is the number only temporory ???

There is no requirement to port.

You can use your new GoMo number as your new phone number if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Gooser14

mondeq wrote:
    Hi. I changed the supplied pin when I got set up. I have a galaxy a3 2017. In the settings menu at the bottom it has 'About Phone'. In this location it gives model details, imei and serial number. It also gives the mobile number of the phone. This is where it bugs me. The number displayed is the number that was assigned to the sim prior to me porting over my old number. I contacted them online and was told:

mondeq wrote:
    " Unfortunately i would not be familiar with this you will need to contact your phone provider"

That has always been the case with Android phones. Nothing go do with the service provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Gooser14 wrote: »
    The account number is contained in an email from GoMo.

Thanks Gooser, can't believe they don't print that on the web page anywhere.

They do. It's in Help & Support - My GoMo Account - Can I register for MyGoMo without my account number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

They do. It's in Help & Support - My GoMo Account - Can I register for MyGoMo without my account number.

I mean the actual account number ain't displayed anywhere, like what is the reasoning behind that?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,493 ✭✭✭✭28064212

mondeq wrote: »
    Hi. I changed the supplied pin when I got set up. I have a galaxy a3 2017. In the settings menu
    at the bottom it has 'About Phone'. In this location it gives model details, imei and serial number.
    It also gives the mobile number of the phone. This is where it bugs me. The number displayed
    is the number that was assigned to the sim prior to me porting over my old number. I contacted them online and was told:

" Unfortunately i would not be familiar with this you will need to contact your phone provider"

How helpful was that. Pass the Buck.
    That number is written to the SIM when it's created. Android phones can't overwrite it. I believe some old Nokia's can. It has no practical effect

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

I mean the actual account number ain't displayed anywhere, like what is the reasoning behind that?!

I see what you mean. The account number will probably be shown on you monthly bill when issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,074 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Any idea what single line/multi line means when porting??? Can't find any definition on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭jgbyr

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Any idea what single line/multi line means when porting??? Can't find any definition on the website.

Two numbers on one account would be multi line.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

ED E wrote: »
    Innnnnteresting.

SIM activated 21/10 so thats around 1/3. 26.5GB or thereabouts. 10GB used. Might test this out.

Davy's theory appears to not hold water. No alert after exceeding 80% pro rata'd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I paid for two sims with two different bank cards.

One Revolut and other Curve card.

Be sure you have the right one setup as default in payment section on the GoMo site before tomorrow.

My Revolut wouldn't have the money in the account but Curve would.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

My problem being that I never received an email, thus I can't validate the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Anitaosull

I ported to gomo and got my new sim. I cant get data, 2 days on hold with live chat eventually they message me on facebook with apn settings, but they don't work. when I input the new settings they gave me it doesn't save. my phone isn't locked, it has the meteor settings on it, but wont save the new ones. I tried inputting a couple of settings saving and going back in and that saves, but when changing the mnc it deletes the settings.... any help? Samsung a7, if any use!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Just got first bill - very comprehensive - was 20.40 - but they broke down how the fee was generated - due for payment on 8th.

I have a private and business phone (against regs apparently) and so far its been great. Long may it last.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Anitaosull wrote: »
    I ported to gomo and got my new sim. I cant get data, 2 days on hold with live chat eventually they message me on facebook with apn settings, but they don't work. when I input the new settings they gave me it doesn't save. my phone isn't locked, it has the meteor settings on it, but wont save the new ones. I tried inputting a couple of settings saving and going back in and that saves, but when changing the mnc it deletes the settings.... any help? Samsung a7, if any use!
    Ignore the MNC setting change, not sure why they give that suggestion as it's assigned to the SIM card / network. Delete all APNs, make a new one with these settings:

APN: data.mymeteor.ie
    Username: my
    Password: wap
    Authentication Type: PAP
    APN Protocol: IPv4
    APN Type: default,supl

Leave everything else default, save those - then restart your device.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Anitaosull

thanks advertsfox, did that, still doesn't work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

So I got my sim. Ported and all is good. Now I just logged in to my account and ordered a second sim (for 13yo daughter). When this arrives what option do I choose when porting her over does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

jarvis wrote: »
    So I got my sim. Ported and all is good. Now I just logged in to my account and ordered a second sim (for 13yo daughter). When this arrives what option do I choose when porting her over does anyone know?

Depends on what kind of account. I assume it's PAYG, then choose prepay registered or prepay unregistered depending on whether she registered her details with the phone company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Anitaosull wrote: »
    thanks advertsfox, did that, still doesn't work
    Some other users have been required to do a factory reset to get it working - is this an option for you? Before you do though, have you test the SIM in another phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

Has anyone hit the 80gb data limit for last month?

I am wondering did they actually slow the speeds and if so what did they go to and what was your speed like before they slowed it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

reni10 wrote: »
    Has anyone hit the 80gb data limit for last month?

I am wondering did they actually slow the speeds and if so what did they go to and what was your speed like before they slowed it?

I got messages saying I had hit the limit both 80 and then 100 but nothing happened. But I can't make or receive calls now. Data is still working

The T&Cs state at para 6.2 that there is a FUP of 45000 mins & 10000 SMS. I note that it doesn't state that these are per billing cycle. In para 6.4 it states that the 80GB data allowance is per billing cycle. Is it possible that the FUP mins & SMS are not per billing cycle & will be billed as out of bundle once exceeded?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

damagegt wrote: »
    I got messages saying I had hit the limit both 80 and then 100 but nothing happened. But I can't make or receive calls now. Data is still working
    What?......on Nov 1st?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 EmonMCC

So after waiting exactly 2 weeks I finally received my Sim today. Popped it in the phone and ... nothing!

No network connection, no data connection. My Galaxy S7 is showing me "Emergency calls only". I did all the network connections reset, deleted and added the APN manually and tried everything - minus the factory reset - I've read here on these 7 pages full of knowledge collected in the hive-mind ;-)

On my gomo account it still says that my order is in progress and that there is no number on my account. I haven't been billed anything so far. Not even the 10 quid setup fee.

Any ideas?

Got an email to say my bill is ready. Logged in and the bill is listed. But when I click it it won’t open. Anyone find this? Does it fix itself?

EmonMCC wrote:
    No network connection, no data connection. My Galaxy S7 is showing me "Emergency calls only". I did all the network connections reset, deleted and added the APN manually and tried everything - minus the factory reset - I've read here on these 7 pages full of knowledge collected in the hive-mind ;-)

Did you input the SIM PIN number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 EmonMCC

Did you input the SIM PIN number?

I did and I also deactivated the Sim lock right after.

Just as a side note, as soon as I pop my trusty Tesco card back in, everything works fine so it's not the phone ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

OK apologies in advance as I'm probably being paranoid.

I signed up for the sim card about mid day today, and registered on the site.

At 15.40 I got an SMS from Boots.ie telling me Id won a Samsung Galaxy S10 in their monthly prize draw.

I got my Flu shot in boots last week, and the message was in the same SMS folder as my Boots flu appointment reminder.

It was a very professional scam. see here for warning.

https://www.rsvplive.ie/news/irish-news/boots-ireland-warns-scam-message-20700864

I have never got a phishing text like this on my phone before.

Am I wrong to think that there is some connection???

Anyone else get this???

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

Anyone know how to turn off voicemail completely?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭legendary.xix

Davy wrote: »
    Some of the common FAQ's for GoMo below. If you have any suggestions or changes post or report the post and I will update these.

GoMo support site is here:> https://gomo.ie/help-support/

I needed that APN detail. Thanks very much for sharing.

Advertisement