Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Well done. In figuring that out. I've been recking my head trying to figure out how the poster could be close to the fair usage and I've been stumped
    I thought maybe he had devised a method of converting his broadband allowance to charge his car or something :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    What's the verdict on this a few weeks in? I have a GoMo sim, unsure whether to port over though - any issues with using the network so far or is it ok?

Really depends on your currently network experience, and where you live.

Get the sim, try it for a few days and then port over if you are happy. Its the Eir network, so if you know anyone near you already on Eir ask them how they find it.

What's the verdict on this a few weeks in? I have a GoMo sim, unsure whether to port over though - any issues with using the network so far or is it ok?

I'm very happy. How are your speeds on your GoMo SIm?
    Experiences vary on where you live so very much an individual thing.
    People are having problems with porting, though I had no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Jeff2

From the other thread

So the number initially programed to the sim stays with the sim memory regardless?

This is something that should be in FAQ thread.

On my phone it shows as 085 number and if I restart my phone it still ask for my sim pin number for the 085 number.

I just copy it.

Jeff2 wrote: »
    From the other thread

This is something that should be in FAQ thread.

On my phone it shows as 085 number and if I restart my phone it still ask for my sim pin number for the 085 number.

I just copy it.

I changed the SIM pin back to my old one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Gooser14

You can change the sim pin or disable it through the security section of your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

Davy wrote: »
    The allowance will be pro-rata from the porting date till the 31st so you wont have the full allowance. Would you have used over 2.5GB each day since you ported?
    Ah that makes perfect sense.Thats exactly what it is.No I havent been using it that much.As I was sitting there last night replaying to this. I got another message saying 100 percent used

I moved from Three and the reception isnt as good.Drove from Kinsale to Bluebell industrial in Dublin and the reception dropped to Edge a few times which never happened before also there is no VoLTE it drops to 3g when your make a voice call but for 10 a month I cant complain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

damagegt wrote: »
    Is there anyway to check usage. I have had my sim a week and its saying I have used 80 percent of my fair usage used.
    Is that all the text said?

Anything about consequences?

KOR101 wrote: »
    Is that all the text said?

Anything about consequences?

Yes then I got another two hours later saying I had reached 100 percent and bvandwith would be reduced. I'm still running on LTE and speeds havent changed. I have sent them a messge to see what's up but I think the previous poster is correct in saying that its a automated warning at the end of the billing cycle .Virgin have it too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

damagegt wrote: »
    Yes then I got another two hours later saying I had reached 100 percent and bvandwith would be reduced. I'm still running on LTE and speeds havent changed. I have sent them a messge to see what's up but I think the previous poster is correct in saying that its a automated warning at the end of the billing cycle .Virgin have it too
    So, you reached 100%, and the billing cycle ends tonight and you are still getting the same full speed.

KOR101 wrote: »
    So, you reached 100%, and the billing cycle ends tonight and you are still getting the same full speed.

Yup,That seems to be the case

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Anyone have a link to the webchat team team? I can't get a response on twitter or facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ddub11

Ordered a sim and signed up on monday and i expected an email confirming my sim was on the way but as of today nothing.

Also i dont seem to be able to set a porting date, does anybody know if thats normal or should i have received confirmation by now?and should i be able to set a port date before i get my sim?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

ddub11 wrote: »
    Ordered a sim and signed up on monday and i expected an email confirming my sim was on the way but as of today nothing.

Also i dont seem to be able to set a porting date, does anybody know if thats normal or should i have received confirmation by now?and should i be able to set a port date before i get my sim?

Same situation money taken no email, no way to validate the email address and no way to reach customer care.

This was a big mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Took me 9 full days to finally get sorted, but now I have unlimited everything for a tenner a month. Big mistake? I don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭moans3536

ddub11 wrote: »

When you receive your SIM in the post, then you can log on to your account.
    and click - 'Move phone number' , you then put in a time and date.

You will have to wait till you receive your SIM .

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭phelant

Ordered on the 20th with a porting date today. Waited until old connection was closed (got a confirmation txt to say I was ported to another operator).
    Put in my GoMo sim and it was operational right off the bat.

Internet wasn't connecting even with correct APN settings. Saw another user on here had done a hard reset but wanted to avoid that. Solved in the end by simply rebooting my browser - essentially closing all tabs and opening a fresh one.

Made a call to confirm that also - so all is good.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Some questions.

1. has anyone tried to contact support on the chat? Is there an expected time to reply? Im waiting 30+ minutes and no reply in chat window.

2. it says you can only have 2 numbers per account, I currently pay for 5 phones in my house, does that mean they have to register separately or what constitutes an account?

3, I tried to register, I put an email address in, no confirmation link sent couple hours later. Is there an ETA on that email to be sent? whats peoples experiences there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭larchielads

Does Gomo supports RCS as in iMessage for Android?

• Advertisement

3, I tried to register, I put an email address in, no confirmation link sent couple hours later. Is there an ETA on that email to be sent? whats peoples experiences there.[/QUOTE]

With regard to your question 3.

You have to put in all your details , name , address, and email, then you get
    sent a link to your email for verification.
    on the gomo websit. at the top is Home, our Plan etc
    click our plan , then click Buy Now button, you will be asked for name, address and email etc , then a email gets sent to you for verification purpose and then you get to put in password.
    hope this makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Alright folks any clues here, I'm very new to moving network - missus was Eir on a 30 day plan. She chose to move number, got sim a couple days ago. 2 hours ago signal died, stuck in new gomo sim. Text saying welcome to gomo - no text saying your old number has been moved or anything like that. On the account, the option to move number is back (i.e. no longer in progress), and her Eir number shows as "My Number" on gomo.

So did we do anything wrong there? Her Eir number doesn't work at all, only the number that came with the gomo sim. Waiting for live chat 90 mins now.

Edit:
    Refreshing the page logs you out, great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mafitz

Folks, reading the post here and looking to change from Vodafone, current plan finishes Dec 15th, and plan to use GoMo then, if i buy a sim now will i pay for Nov and Dec or only pay when i put sim into phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

mafitz wrote: »
    Folks, reading the post here and looking to change from Vodafone, current plan finishes Dec 15th, and plan to use GoMo then, if i buy a sim now will i pay for Nov and Dec or only pay when i put sim into phone.

If you buy today you pay the activation fee and the fee for November and December.

If you purchase tomorrow you pay the activation fee and December.

At least based on current understanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mafitz

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Well so far for me this is a disaster, OH really needs her phone today. They have eventually emailed me back after chat just disconnecting itself 3 times, and their email is asking for an account number. All I have is the original phone number, there is no account number anywhere to be found on their site...

There is no support phone number at all right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Well so far for me this is a disaster, OH really needs her phone today. They have eventually emailed me back after chat just disconnecting itself 3 times, and their email is asking for an account number. All I have is the original phone number, there is no account number anywhere to be found on their site...

The account number is contained in an email from GoMo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mondeq

Hi. I changed the supplied pin when I got set up. I have a galaxy a3 2017. In the settings menu
    at the bottom it has 'About Phone'. In this location it gives model details, imei and serial number.
    It also gives the mobile number of the phone. This is where it bugs me. The number displayed
    is the number that was assigned to the sim prior to me porting over my old number. I contacted them online and was told:

" Unfortunately i would not be familiar with this you will need to contact your phone provider"

How helpful was that. Pass the Buck.

Does anybody know, DO you HAVE to port across your phone number.
    Can you keep the number gomo give you and use that as a new number,
    or is the number only temporory ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

You can keep the GoMo number.

Advertisement