Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I had to Google the A range and WOW! they are reasonably priced for the spec & the Samsung badge. Dual sim to boot

Yep and Samsungs one UI is a lot less intrusive now than it was years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

I bought the wife an A10 and she loves it. Replaced her old galaxy 6 and it appears better

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I bought the wife an A10 and she loves it. Replaced her old galaxy 6 and it appears better

The A10 is a little low spec'd but pretty much all the others have decent amounts of ram and decent batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 guynolan

Anyone know how much the speed is throttled once the 80gb fair use limit is hit? Does it get gradually slower the more you use beyond that point or just drop to a default speed? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

guynolan wrote:
    Anyone know how much the speed is throttled once the 80gb fair use limit is hit? Does it get gradually slower the more you use beyond that point or just drop to a default speed? Thanks

No idea but 80 gigs is a lot of Internet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    The A10 is a little low spec'd but pretty much all the others have decent amounts of ram and decent batteries.

It's perfect for her and very cheap. It also has dual Sims and a separate memory card slot. Any others I see don't have 3 slots

No idea but 80 gigs is a lot of Internet.

It is but I was going to use gomo to replace three mobile broadband as the speeds are appalling where I live. Red dead 2 comes out on Pc next month and needs 150gb of install space so would be hitting the 80 pretty quickly. Even at slower speeds gomo will likely be faster than three here but just need to know worst case scenario on the throttling

guynolan wrote: »
    It is but I was going to use gomo to replace three mobile broadband as the speeds are appalling where I live. Red dead 2 comes out on Pc next month and needs 150gb of install space so would be hitting the 80 pretty quickly. Even at slower speeds gomo will likely be faster than three here but just need to know worst case scenario on the throttling

Living in Dublin I forget that part of the country have no decent broadband.

Virgin throttle back the speed after 40 gigs. I spoke to a chap on their live chat about it as my son is autistic & uses data only. Not a single call or text each month! Anyway the guy told me that with reduced speed he could use Spotify. I don't know if that gives you any clue on speed. I'd be thinking like the worst hotel speed ever. Good enough to open emails & stuff but not good enough to watch Netflix.

Maybe hold off till your game comes out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

I want a whole new SIM as will be using in a second phone . I only paid 9.99- I thought in first month had to pay 20? Is there not a ten euro charge to sign up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

seefin wrote: »
    I want a whole new SIM as will be using in a second phone . I only paid 9.99- I thought in first month had to pay 20? Is there not a ten euro charge to sign up?
    Its €9.99 to activate, then €9.99 a month (bill issued on the 1st, taken on the 7th).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Brisingr9659

Hi
    I scheduled a port from my bill pay 3 sim but acidentally put it as a prepay in the port settings. Then port was unsucessful but now I can't schedule another port as this one is still in progress. Anyone else have this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭stiofanD

Does anyone know if you can port in a number that is in someone else's name?

I want to get a sim for my son, but he's under 18, so GoMo won't let him sign up for his own account. I can get a sim on my account, but his current SIM (with lycamobile) is in his name. Will that result in the port request being rejected?

stiofanD wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can port in a number that is in someone else's name?

I want to get a sim for my son, but he's under 18, so GoMo won't let him sign up for his own account. I can get a sim on my account, but his current SIM (with lycamobile) is in his name. Will that result in the port request being rejected?
    Porting requires a confirmation text to verify you own the number so there should be no issue with doing that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

advertsfox wrote:
    Its €9.99 to activate, then €9.99 a month (bill issued on the 1st, taken on the 7th).

So when I get the SIM, I'll log on and pay the first month to get the data etc

seefin wrote: »
    So when I get the SIM, I'll log on and pay the first month to get the data etc
    No when you order, you pay your first €9.99 - it will automatically charge you on the 7th of the next month and your SIM / data will work as soon as it arrives in the door.

Living in Dublin I forget that part of the country have no decent broadband.

Virgin throttle back the speed after 40 gigs. I spoke to a chap on their live chat about it as my son is autistic & uses data only. Not a single call or text each month! Anyway the guy told me that with reduced speed he could use Spotify. I don't know if that gives you any clue on speed. I'd be thinking like the worst hotel speed ever. Good enough to open emails & stuff but not good enough to watch Netflix.

Maybe hold off till your game comes out.

Yep there's supposedly a rural broadband roadmap in place but who knows when we'll see the practical benefit of that. Three assured me before signing up that I was in a 'purple zone' which was designated the highest signal strength area, and though they couldn't promise anything the sales agent was confident I'd get approximately 20mb download speed. Cut to a year into an 18 month contract and it's never gone above 1mb despite numerous calls to their tech guys and an after market aerial on the outside wall. It states in the contract that the minimum they need to provide to meet their end is 1mb, nice coincidence there.

If gomo throttled to that extent at least I'd have three slowmo to finish the download, provided I leave the pc on for 2 days straight. Thanks for the info on the virgin throttling speed anyway, I'd imagine they're all fairly similar with throttled speeds so good to know.

guynolan wrote:
    If gomo throttled to that extent at least I'd have three slowmo to finish the download, provided I leave the pc on for 2 days straight. Thanks for the info on the virgin throttling speed anyway, I'd imagine they're all fairly similar with throttled speeds so good to know.

Two days straight reminds me of downloading or opening a photo with dial up back in 1998. You could go have a cup of coffee and it'd still be downloading when you got back. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

Two days straight reminds me of downloading or opening a photo with dial up back in 1998. You could go have a cup of coffee and it'd still be downloading when you got back. :)

Ah the good old days, you are making me feel all nostalgic now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46 estebanrc

does anyone know what the size of the sim card is? there is no option in the website when I try to order it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

estebanrc wrote: »
    does anyone know what the size of the sim card is? there is no option in the website when I try to order it.

It in one of those punch out cards so it depends what size you punch out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 estebanrc

ah ok, you can make you own size then. I think my one is nano sim.

Thanks for the reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Its bit fragile so I ended up with smallest one while trying to punch out the bigger size.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

estebanrc wrote: »

4 in 1.
    Pre-scored to let you press out the size you require.

beauf wrote: »
    Its bit fragile so I ended up with smallest one while trying to punch out the bigger size.

Just put the bigger "shroud" round the smaller one and you should be sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Hey just wondering what options to pick when porting from Virgin Mobile. I've entered the Mobil number and verification code but which option on the prepayed registered etc do you choose. Any help appreciated.

Hey just wondering what options to pick when porting from Virgin Mobile. I've entered the Mobil number and verification code but which option on the prepayed registered etc do you choose. Any help appreciated.

Choose prepaid registered if your current plan is PAYG and you have registered your details with them.

lighthouse wrote: »
    Choose prepaid registered if your current plan is PAYG and you have registered your details with them.

Thanks i picked that one but I got a text saying couldn't be ported as account wasn't recognised or something like that. I'm on DD with Virgin I'll set it up again for tomorrow morning as it's closed now. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Thanks i picked that one but I got a text saying couldn't be ported as account wasn't recognised or something like that. I'm on DD with Virgin I'll set it up again for tomorrow morning as it's closed now. Thanks again

Virgin is post pay not prepay.

Have your account number ready and enter that too.

You can see your account number online or on your last bill.

Virgin is post pay not prepay.

Have your account number ready and enter that too.

You can see your account number online or on your last bill.

Hey that makes sense the message says something like account number is wrong or can't be found. Just seen there is no option for account number on prepay so I never entered it. I've set it for tomorrow at 7:10am so should find out if that works. Thanks

• Advertisement

Hey that makes sense the message says something like account number is wrong or can't be found. Just seen there is no option for account number on prepay so I never entered it. I've set it for tomorrow at 7:10am so should find out if that works. Thanks

Set my port over for 7:10 this morning using the optioned recommended here. Is still at porting over stage so that's better then yesterday. While its porting can I still use one of the sims should it be my virgin sim I use or my gomo. Sorry for the questions just not sure how it works.

Advertisement