Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,967 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

If you mainly use your phone for browsing and messages Gomo/Eir will be fine probably and I'd say that's the type of use most people have these days. I still make a lot of calls so I'm stuck with Vodafone.

My adult son makes no calls or texts each month. Data only for him. I receive literally dozens of calls every day in connection with my business.

I've switched sim card slots. If that doesn't work I'll try getting in touch with GoMo. If they can't do anything then I'll be porting back to Virgin. I want to exhaust all avenues first though. I am thinking it could be a bad sim as no one else seems to be getting dropped calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

jarvis wrote: »
    Ugh. I hope not!! I live here in Ashbourne!! I had meteor a few years back and I had eir mobile for the first 2 years it launched and it was fine.
    I seem to recall several reports of bad coverage in Ashbourne earlier in this thread. Try the "search this thread" function.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

stcosmin wrote: »
    Personally, I have tried all the networks in Ireland traveling a lot and Vodafone is by far the best network overall.

I’d agree. But it’s also the most expensive

Anyway, a lot of people getting their knickers in a twist here expecting 5 star stay at the ritz for the price of a holiday inn. Personally I just want somewhere to put the head down

It’s only a 30 day contract. If you don’t like it, it’s simple to leave for another network suited to your needs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

boombang wrote: »
    GF's mother has moved over to GoMo. GF (on Three) can't text her mother. Calls go through fine. Texts can be received from other providers. Anybody had similar? Thanks

Tried Thargor's suggestion of extended off and on again, but this did not do the trick. : (

Anybody else experiencing the same issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Simply a curious question!

My phone, originally eir never showed my phone number when I went into settings & tapped on "About"

Since I inserted the GoMo sim my 085 number does appear in Settings>About.

Can anyone confirm if their number appears in their phone settings under Settings>About after they ported?

Strange one.

I ported about a week ago and it shows up as the GoMo number and not my ported number.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Twister2

Has anyone had a bar put on services outside the basic plan

Can you do it all at once-not keen on going from payg otherwise

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    You have a 14 days cooling off period from the day you receive the sim if coverage is bad. This will give you the 10 euro back you paid for the sim.
    ...and probably charge you for calls etc.
    More importantly though; if you ported will they reverse port to whatever account you had, especially if it's a legacy account.

.BrianJM wrote: »
    ...and probably charge you for calls etc.
    More importantly though; if you ported will they reverse port to whatever account you had, especially if it's a legacy account.
    Wouldn't u have to port. Back. Yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

They cannot port you back to a Legacy Account. That would an issue between the customer and their previous Provider. Nothing to do with Gomo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,804 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

So in Galway city on 4G i get 1-2mbps, on the way home i can get 18mbps on 4G, and at home (which is pretty rural) i get 9mbps on H+.

No rhyme or reason to these speeds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

So in Galway city on 4G i get 1-2mbps, on the way home i can get 18mbps on 4G, and at home (which is pretty rural) i get 9mbps on H+.

Yes there is, it's to do with distance(signal) from the mast and more importantly congestion.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

Twister2 wrote: »
    Wouldn't you have to port back yourself?

Possibly. I was thinking that if the port to GoMo was instigated at time of purchase, then the reverse should (or could) be the procedure.
    Just as well I kept my main number for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Ya I think you miss understand how mobile signals work, there are so many factors to take into account, indoor/outdoor, congestion on the network, distance to transmitter, available bandwidth on that transmitter... Congestion is the main one you'd notice, city = more devices = more draw on the available bandwidth = slower speeds on "faster" connections.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Has anyone had a bar put on services outside the basic plan

Can you do it all at once-not keen on going from payg otherwise

No

.BrianJM wrote:
    ...and probably charge you for calls etc. More importantly though; if you ported will they reverse port to whatever account you had, especially if it's a legacy account.

No but you can port back to whatever company you want. I ported to GoMo this morning. I can port to another company tomorrow morning & under the cooling off period they can only charge me for the day. Not for call or text. They can only charge 1/30 of 9.99. If I have it 10 days then they can only charge 10/30. The 9.99 to set up the account to fully refundable.

One of the wonderful EU laws imo

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

Simply a curious question!

My phone, originally eir never showed my phone number when I went into settings & tapped on "About"

Since I inserted the GoMo sim my 085 number does appear in Settings>About.

Can anyone confirm if their number appears in their phone settings under Settings>About after they ported?

I ported last Friday. My 085 number is shown here.

Bluefoam wrote: »
    No

No to what

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

No to what

Probably in the DUP :D

No to what

No, you can't do it all at once.

No, no one has had a bar put on services outside the basic plan.

My response was to your previous question, you should know what you asked.

Bluefoam wrote: »
    No, you can't do it all at once.

No, no one has had a bar put on services outside the basic plan.

My response was to your previous question, you should know what you asked.
    Why not

Thought it was a routine thing to request

I asked 2questions u threw up a blanket. No whatever that means

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 RJellybean

Well exactly two weeks after ordering I still haven't received my sim. No number etc. showing on my account order still showing as in progress.

Tomorrow it will be officially the 10 working days that they mention under their delivery FAQ.

As the first billing date is 1st November I'm going to wait until the 2nd before I kick up a fuss about not receiving my sim. As i don't have any account details or number I'm assuming that I won't be receiving a bill on the 1st and should get nearly a full month usage from my activation price of €9.99.

Mind you I will probably receive bill and then i get to give out loads;););)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

They told me the bill will be issued on the 8th of November.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dfarrelly96

I got my number ported from Virgin Media to GoMo, however my dads number was scheduled to move 8am yesterday morning, it still has not done so, the account says "port in progress" and his old SIM has stopped working, but when we try to call him now (on his original number) it says invalid phone number, we can call him on his temporary GoMo number. Has anyone else experienced this? Tomorrow morning it will be 48Hrs which doesn't seem right, wouldn't mind only we have had a death in the family and he is expecting a lot of phone calls. I spoke to GoMo chat today, they just said they will send an email, haven't received anything yet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

I got my number ported from Virgin Media to GoMo, however my dads number was scheduled to move 8am yesterday morning, it still has not done so, the account says "port in progress" and his old SIM has stopped working, but when we try to call him now (on his original number) it says invalid phone number, we can call him on his temporary GoMo number. Has anyone else experienced this? Tomorrow morning it will be 48Hrs which doesn't seem right, wouldn't mind only we have had a death in the family and he is expecting a lot of phone calls. I spoke to GoMo chat today, they just said they will send an email, haven't received anything yet though.

Large amount of people with issues porting. It seems to be a lottery whether it’s straight forward or not. Normally if something goes wrong with porting it can be sorted in a day or two. This crowd though are a complete nightmare to deal with when anything goes wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭dfarrelly96

Large amount of people with issues porting. It seems to be a lottery whether it’s straight forward or not. Normally if something goes wrong with porting it can be sorted in a day or two. This crowd though are a complete nightmare to deal with when anything goes wrong.

Hopefully I can get it sorted tomorrow then, there is an option to cancel the port so I thought about rescheduling, but was kind of afraid that would cause more problems (As the number already seems to be deactivated or something)

RJellybean wrote:
    As the first billing date is 1st November I'm going to wait until the 2nd before I kick up a fuss about not receiving my sim. As i don't have any account details or number I'm assuming that I won't be receiving a bill on the 1st and should get nearly a full month usage from my activation price of €9.99.

The activation price 9.99 is literally to activate the sim. This is a one off payment. The 9.99 per month is totally separate from the activation 9.99. It won't make any difference reporting it tomorrow or in a few days. You won't gain or lose anything either way

• Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Wouldn't u have to port. Back. Yourself

When you port your number over to another provider your original account is gone, done and dusted, you can't port back.

You would have to go back to the original provider and get a new sim/account & only then can you port your number from GoMo.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

New Home wrote: »
    They told me the bill will be issued on the 8th of November.

No, they bill on the 1st of the month and pull from your card 7 days after that.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

lighthouse wrote: »
    I ported last Friday. My 085 number is shown here.

So the number initially programed to the sim stays with the sim memory regardless?

• Advertisement

Thought it was a routine thing to request

No, that is genuinely not a routine thing to request.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement