Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Gooser14

I got the same blank email when I signed up, not afterwards.

Yes. Can't read the email in Outlook but can in Gmail.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭softdancomputer

The Cush wrote: »
    and from that same site "ITU later decided that LTE together with the aforementioned technologies can be called 4G technologies"

You miss the start of the phrase:
    "However, due to marketing pressures and the significant advancements that WiMAX, Evolved High Speed Packet Access and LTE bring to the original 3G technologies, ITU later decided that LTE together with the aforementioned technologies can be called 4G technologies"
    Still a stunt.
    And yes, they are all 4G now, that doesnt make LTE true 4G.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Just been informed that some people haven’t been able to ring me all week. 086 numbers for definite, and possibly others. This crowd are a shambles so far for me.
    Support is non existent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

shmeee wrote: »
    My friend had problem with Eir as had broandband and phone line attached to his Eir account and that seemed to cause issues. Still not solved.

What network you porting from?

Porting from Eir

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

LimkTeach wrote: »
    Interested to see what coverage is like over the weekend as I will be travelling through a good few counties and rural areas.

Drove from Cork to Limerick this afternoon (Via M8 to Mitchelstown then R513 to the N24) Had signal the entire route, kept google maps open and it didn’t drop, and made a number of hands free calls along the way without issue. On the wooded valley stretch of the R513 a few KM north of Mitchelstown, the signal held, though it dropped to one bar for a few KM. This is a mirror image of the Vodafone performance on this route, and the signal was stronger on a number of stretches.

Well impressed by this as I always justified the hefty Vodafone premium for its out of town coverage. Over the last few days I was offsetting the potential saving (€35 down to €10 per month) with the probable reduction in coverage and the likelihood that I would not have signal for stretches of this route which I travel frequently. Instead it looks like its Win, Win, Win (for me) as I get 4xdata allowance, €300pa saving and like for like coverage. Sadly, Vodafone loose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Hoping someone can help ease my confusion. There’s 4 of us in the house all in tesco mobile €15pm. So switching all to gomo will be €40 instead of €60 per month. No brainer.

I signed myself up last night and was charged the initial €9.99. I ordered 2 sims.

Q1) So let’s say the sim arrives next week on 27th. Will it have active minutes etc till November 1st at which point it’ll top up by €9.99 automatically and reset to the unlimited/fair usage amounts?

Q2) the second sim that arrives. How do I top that up and will it incur the €9.99 connection/setup fee on top of the €9.99 monthly fee? Or will that also automatically top up by €9.99 on November 1st?

Q3) I’m going to need two more sims so do I order again now or wait till November 1st because the other phones just topped up €15 tesco mobile two days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Just been informed that some people haven’t been able to ring me all week. 086 numbers for definite, and possibly others. This crowd are a shambles so far for me.
    Support is non existent

Anytime you port a number always check can all networks call you. If o2 can't probably, 3, Virgin, Lycra, Tesco and 48 can't either.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

jarvis wrote: »
    Hoping someone can help ease my confusion. There’s 4 of us in the house all in tesco mobile €15pm. So switching all to gomo will be €40 instead of €60 per month. No brainer.

I signed myself up last night and was charged the initial €9.99. I ordered 2 sims.

Q1) So let’s say the sim arrives next week on 27th. Will it have active minutes etc till November 1st at which point it’ll top up by €9.99 automatically and reset to the unlimited/fair usage amounts?

Q2) the second sim that arrives. How do I top that up and will it incur the €9.99 connection/setup fee on top of the €9.99 monthly fee? Or will that also automatically top up by €9.99 on November 1st?

Q3) I’m going to need two more sims so do I order again now or wait till November 1st because the other phones just topped up €15 tesco mobile two days ago.

1. You should have been charged €19.98 for 2 sims.
    2. It should have been charged at the time of order if you ordered 2 correctly. My 2 were charged at the same time in one transaction.
    3. Order the sims now using a different email to create a new account. It’s a max of 2 sims per account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Is anybody else still waiting on a SIM from ordering last Tuesday evening 15th?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

ordered 2 on tuesday evening the 15th...one arrived yesterday and the second arrived today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

GristlyEnd wrote: »

Also ordered two last Tuesday, one arrived by Friday, the other has yet to turn up......

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭tylerdylan

Q1. Yes you will have minutes data texts etc on the day the sim arrives. And the bill is generated again for Nov 1st. Actual money taken possibly a few days after and each month start comes with all the texts calls etc unlimited/fair usage

Q2 . There is no topping up. The 2nd sim will be same as 1st sim and yes there is the €9.99 activation fee taken when sim was ordered. And will arrive ready to use. And €9.99 will be taken from Nov 1st

Q3. You can only have 2 sims on the same account for now. Set up another account using different email. And use for ordering the 2 additional sims.
    If you order the sims simply wait till the credit runs out before porting the Tesco numbers. Or wait till the credit runs out and order the 2 new sims as you will still incur the 2 €9.99 activation fees on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

Yup, ordered two, one arrived on the Thursday, no sign of the other yet.
    Had no signal with the one that arrived until today, when my account seemed to properly go live and start showing telephone numbers associated with SIMs ... but trying to port kept failing, saying a port was in progress. Gah!
    Have set it to port again first thing tomorrow. Fingers crossed the other SIM also turns up. Support's general response is to ask you to keep waiting 24 hours if you have an issue, it seems :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I ordered oWednesday 16th Oct & nothing hs arrived yet. Contacted them via mygomo. Got a reply today to say there is a delay of up to 10 working days for delivery of sims due to the flood of applications they have received.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭misschoo

Yes still waiting 🙄...............................

• Registered Users Posts: 17,318 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

For all those wondering where the sim is...
    If we believe what others are saying then thats 25,000 sim packs that need to be scanned to accounts - don't think even they expected it be as popular for sign ups as it was in such a short space of time - only a week since it opened up for reg's
    I wouldn't be worrying about it for a few more days

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

What if the sim arrives on 31st Oct, I'd be annoyed that I've paid 9.99 for 1 day but I suppose it's not a months fee but rather activation.

TheDriver wrote: »
    What if the sim arrives on 31st Oct, I'd be annoyed that I've paid 9.99 for 1 day but I suppose it's not a months fee but rather activation.

The activation fee seems to be more a way to cover the first month without the headache of pro rata billing - i.e. it's 9.99 activation but were not charging you til the 1st of the month
    Makes sense! Everyone got max coupla weeks "free" usage"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

TBH it's a little bit vague at present.
    There is always the small possibility that we will all be charged for 2 months (to include Oct) from Nov 1st.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Do we have any idea of signup numbers so far? When would be a realistic guess at what date the 100K number is reached.

OR

Are you like me and think the number is a ‘hurry you don’t want to miss put’ FOMO stunt and that it’ll be €9.99 for as many as they can get?

• Advertisement

If what others are saying is true they are probably at 25k by now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,718 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Just to maintain the positivity on this thread...

Last week I had a phone with data and calls that I was paying €20/month for... I now have (for all intents and purposes) the same service and I only pay €10/month... & I can chose to maintain that offer for the rest of my days. Nothing has changed except I pay allot less.

Happy feckin days!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭tylerdylan

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Just to maintain the positivity on this thread...

Last week I had a phone with data and calls that I was paying €20/month for... I now have (for all intents and purposes) the same service and I only pay €10/month... & I can chose to maintain that offer for the rest of my days. Nothing has changed except I pay allot less.

Happy feckin days!

I was paying €30 a month for what I have now. Super happy feckin days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I'm wondering myself had they enough SIM packs actually made....

Quite possible they're waiting on new batches too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I got one just as a spare number and have ordered another with a port of my three sim only number.
    Wonder do I have to still give three a months notice or is it automatic with the porting?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Do we have any idea of signup numbers so far? When would be a realistic guess at what date the 100K number is reached.

OR

Are you like me and think the number is a ‘hurry you don’t want to miss put’ FOMO stunt and that it’ll be €9.99 for as many as they can get?

If course it was a stunt, and a very successful one. Excellent marketing.

The proof of that is in the number of people who've posted on this thread who signed up in a panic and didn't read a single word of the T&Cs first.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭amacca

The proof of that is in the number of people who've posted on this thread who signed up in a panic and didn't read a single word of the T&Cs first.

guilty as charged ...however if it is above board that was a good decision

and if it isn't then I've only put what 20euro at risk, it was worth it for the potential benefits vs the risk for me

Id be willing to dedicate a lot of my precious life to reading Ts and Cs for something more serious or where more cash/property was at stake.

+ I assumed some OCD head would have done that for me by now and discovered any serious loophole/clause

So prey tell us what in the T&C should we be worried about?

The amount of people on this thread dissing the offer is unreal - makes you wonder are there some outside influences in play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

Heighway61 wrote:
    Anyone else get a blank email from GoMo?

I did

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Meself

Anyone any idea how to set up voicemail ?

Tried 171.. it asks me to enter my number followed by # but it keeps telling me it the wrong number. No info on Gomo website.

Just ported over today. Wonder it that makes any diff

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement